The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Migration Feedback & Bugs

[DE]Drew

11 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

We're working on the broken console forum accounts. 

You're essentially using a -new- account. We'll merge it with your old one once we have the issue resolved. 

Well, the good news is we will be getting back our posts... the bad news is all console players will be losing how long they've been a member for, basically making us all look like noobs... 

But hey, at least the forums got a new fancy look. ;D

For some reason the forum doesn't know I'm logged in when I go right to a special page (like My Activity Stream). Instead, I have to go to the main page first. This is very inconvenient. My old bookmarks don't work any more, so I have to figure out where all that stuff went, and now I can't even throw them into the browser autostart either?

Hey

Thanks for the new forum...

But could you please considere to reduce the size of the text? Remove that "fog effect" and remove that "loading page"?

The old forum was more "condensed", the information was easily catched. In one eye sight you were able to get to the point.

It is a little too much "aerial" right now.

Thanks in advance.

hello I noticed that for example in the latest staff posts subforum if you try to disable posts from a specific DE admin and then click update it wont save the changes at all

also I think that there should be a way to only show the replies and posts in the languages that you have selected.

I can't edit my profile.

Also can we pretty please have custom avatars? (Fat chance but might as well ask.)

Oh and removing quotes and editing quotes is a nightmare and sometimes when i try to delete something I get thrown back to the front page for pressing backspace too much.

Edited by Ziegrif

3 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

For some reason the forum doesn't know I'm logged in when I go right to a special page

Okay, this thing can't even keep the login cookies for a flipping hour. When I try and reload my Activity Feed, I get told that I don't have the permission to see that site - because it forgot that I'm logged in.

/e: "Reputation" tab in the profile reported missing. I can't check any more which of my postings got an updoot. :(

Edited by Bibliothekar

My 2 cents on the new shiny forums;

• Really loving it overall *thumbs up*
  • The default space created when you press enter is MASSIVE. It's like the forum creates a new paragraph every time you press enter. This means there are a lot of posts that take up ~half the screen for 5 sentences. Please please change this.
  • "Latest staff replies" stream
    • I CANNOT EDIT THIS! WHY? D:  I love checking out the latest staff replies, but having the default tab "locked" for customizations means I'm getting a whole lot of posts in the feed from the Italian Devs/ Korean Devs/ etc that I can't understand a single word of. Let me choose which devs I want to follow? and yes I know I can create a custom stream but it seems redundant. I dont want to click on "staff replies --> My activity streams --> custom streams" just to get to the frikkin staff replies! D:
  • Too much white. I get that a forum should be as decluttered as possible, but it would be nice if the actual post background was a slight off-white or white-grey colour, with the white forming a frame that holds the Member info etc. 

Other than that, keep up the good work! 

Simply this is the Current Solar map in forum form.  When making changes like this run a beta test of it ahead of time to get feedback first.

Right hand wasted space with links vets will never use

No comment section in right hand bar we could quickly see a hot topic

Reply box that makes your posts looking like they are double line spaced

edit: meh it is actually using double line spacing

No reply preview option

and the list goes on

Edited by 0Pinger

I don't know if someone pointed this out already  but ''Latest Staff Replies'' are broken too.
It doesn't show that there was a new update topic by DE_Adam neither that this topic ''Forum Migration Feedback & Bugs''  was made nor [DE]Drew's or DERebecca's replies to it.

Edited by Ssschah

4 hours ago, Redhux said:

Hey

Thanks for the new forum...

But could you please considere to reduce the size of the text? Remove that "fog effect" and remove that "loading page"?

The old forum was more "condensed", the information was easily catched. In one eye sight you were able to get to the point.

It is a little too much "aerial" right now.

Thanks in advance.

I have the exact same list of issues with the new forum. Too spacey, too many large buttons and fonts, the end result actually feels harder to read.

12 minutes ago, Nethershadows said:

I don't have my Avatar and I don't have my founder's insignia. These are both problems, ESPECIALLY the lack of my founder's insignia. Wtf DE? D:

Just in case you didn't notice, everyone is experiencing the same issues right now. DE's working on it, just be patient.

3 hours ago, Link1J said:

You are not allowed to edit this profile

Error code: 2C138/3

This happens when I try to edit my own profile

I'm in the same boat as Link1J here.  I'm sure you're already aware though, hope this gets back to normal soon.

Overall this format sucks compared to the old one.  Having to navigate between active topics and staff topics for example instead of having both on the front page to start with.   It is annoying that the all activity page even shows things like people that just signed up for the forums, don't need to see stuff like that. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Hopefully this time they just let us pick our own little avatar pics instead of tying them to our game account pic. You know, like pretty much any other forum for any other game currently available in the rest of the world.

But yes I was fumbling around in settings before I searched for how to change my avatar with the new forum. No dice. I guess the only ones that are allowed to have pictures by their name are people that work at DE.

Edited by unmog