The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Migration Feedback & Bugs

[DE]Drew

I have a hotlink on my toolbar that takes me right to the forums. Under the old system I would stay logged in when I used it so I wouldn't have to log in again.

With the new system I used the link and needed to log back in, but had to go to the home page, log out, and then log back in before I could post in the forums.

Also I'm going to add my voice to the cry of "I can't access the Design Council!" Probably nothing new going on there right now, but I figured I'd mention it.

19 minutes ago, FLSH_BNG said:

With the new system I used the link and needed to log back in, but had to go to the home page, log out, and then log back in before I could post in the forums.

Thanks for the workaround; this is what I have to do as well.  And, my login session seems to last a very short time before I have to do it again.

"Mark as read" functionality needs to be added next to each forum page somewhere so you can mark a single post read or multiple, basically the same thing as the gmail function that let's you "mark as read" as you wish. This also needs to be added to the notifications drop-down and full screens. Also, the messages in the notification drop down (bell at the top right of the page) don't disappear when marked as read.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

I set the website to remember me, but whenever I close my browser, I get logged out of the forums. If I go the main site, I'm still logged in, but not the forums. Furthermore, if I click the log in buttons on the forums while I'm logged into the main site, I just get taken to the main forum page without being logged in. I have to log out of the main site and log back in in order to be logged in on the forums.

I'm using Firefox on Windows 10, if that's of any significance.

Edited by MrPie5

On phones if you close the tab you logged in on forums it logs you out of forums but not out of the the home page of warframe. And you won't be able to log in on forums as it says logged in when I am not. Only solution is to log out from home page and then relog on.

Why has my email address changed from B***************psn@gmail.com to B***************@fakepsn.com ? I am not a fake psn ... and I did not register as a fake psn ... 

Thought it was funny at first, until I realized that if I was banned or otherwise unable to communicate via website/forum platform for any reason, my only form of communication might very well be though my email on file. Sorry, but way to much $$$ invested in this warframe account to lose it all from a email error lol

In other news, I no longer have to login to the forums after already logging into warframe.com ... so that good! Also, instead of a beautiful portrait of Mr. Blankface, I now have my in-game profile picture back ...so that's great as well! ...once my email is changed (or better yet, when I'm allowed to edit my account on my own) then all should be right with the world again. I hope...

31 minutes ago, (PS4)BeholdTheRazgriz said:

Why has my email address changed from B***************psn@gmail.com to B***************@fakepsn.com ? I am not a fake psn ... and I did not register as a fake psn ... 

That probably is the e-mail address used by the duplicate account that all console users had created, which is why your post count also reset. It was stated earlier that the two forum accounts would be merged, so at that point, your original (and correct) e-mail address should in place.

In the event that it's not - even after the two forum accounts are merged - then send in a Support Ticket requesting that the e-mail address be changed to the correct one. It's a pretty simple task that Support handles regularly.

1 minute ago, (PS4)BeholdTheRazgriz said:

Also forgot to mention...my Mastery ranks are displayed incorrectly. I am not an Initiate at all. I AM currently a Silver Novice on this account as of a few days ago.

The rank displayed on the forums is determined completely by your post count, and not your in-game Mastery Rank. Those two ranks are completely separate from each other.

If you mean that your current forum rank is different from your previous forum rank, that's probably because your forum account was temporarily reset (actually you're using a duplicate one, your old forum account is collecting dust atm). This is not a problem exclusive to you, it's happened to all console players.

By the way, I've gotten a step closer with my little webm-issue.

If I put a gfycat webm in a spoiler, then I have to use the browser inspection tools on that element for it to show up. Example:

Spoiler

If I don't use a spoiler, then it just works (Firefox, haven't tested with different browsers yet):

Edited by Kontrollo