The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Migration Feedback & Bugs

[DE]Drew

The problems I've had have been cleaned up one after another. I can see the progress being made. Keep up the good work.

On to the next thing. When using the dark theme for the forum, why do some spoiler entries show up as light grey text on a white background? It can be very painful to try and read. This is compounded by the habit of putting blocks of text in those spoiler tags. The spoiler tag is to help clean up that block of text, but now it can serve to make it worse. :(

10 hours ago, DeejayPwny said:

Still can't maintain login status on the Forums. I can keep logged in on the main website, but it always logs me off the forums between computer sessions. In order to even log into the Forums, I need to log off the main website and login through the Forums.

Having this issue here too, just tried manually deleting all warframe main site and forum cookies, will see if that stops it from happening further.

I believe the "Remember Me" option is completely broken.

Once you log in and that session expires, you can no longer post, log in, log out or register. Trying to log in will cause to be redirected to the front page, trying to register will say you are already logged in.

The only fixes for this are: Incognito, not using the "Remember me" option, or to clear cookies.

On 2/27/2016 at 1:48 PM, X3Evanescence said:

I wonder if the option to use the full website on mobile can be returned? I am extremely used to loading the full website in my phone in the old version.

I have the same issue, and  it seems a design limitation. On my laptop, if I split my browser to have tabs side-by-side, the forums switch to mobile layout.

It seems like the new forums "reads" your display size and switches to mobile layout automatically.

*Also: on my Viking Pro tablet, the forums show mobile version when held a portrait, full version when held landscape.

Edited by DaftMeat

16 hours ago, Rubat said:

I believe the "Remember Me" option is completely broken.

Once you log in and that session expires, you can no longer post, log in, log out or register. Trying to log in will cause to be redirected to the front page, trying to register will say you are already logged in.

The only fixes for this are: Incognito, not using the "Remember me" option, or to clear cookies.

Go to the main WARFRAME site, logout, log back in, then revisit the forums to login. It's a workaround and not a fix, but it's something.

I think I ought to give some attention to the log in bug, being logged in to the home site while being logged out of the forums site. Plus, clicking on "existing user" just rehreshes the page 90% of the time instead of reaching to the main site to see who is logged in.

I know that this has been reported already, but I just want to highlight the importance of fixing it to improve quality.

On 2/25/2016 at 2:06 PM, [DE]Drew said:

I've updated the PS4 DC invitees. There might be some stragglers, so if you've been invited but don't have access, try logging back into the forums. If that doesn't work, let me know. 

PC invitees are next on the list, but they will take a while. 

PS4 DC member here. I'm assuming it's supposed to be in the same place as it was on the old forums? If so, then no, I do not have access. And yes, I have logged out/in at least once.

Other than that, the only real problems I've noticed are that I can't get the desktop version on my tablet, and that the themes are all too bright.

Edited by (PS4)Kosis181

I hope the log in issue will be fixed soon.  Call me lazy, but I really don't like having to log out of warframe.com and then relog before I can get to the forum.

Maybe I'm blind or maybe this feature isn't in the new forum, but I notice whenever I do advance searches, it won't let specify from which subforum I want the results.  I miss the ability of being able to search within subforums like in the previous forum.

After 4 days i could finally get in to the forums again, even the "Logout on website and login back in on the forums" trick didn't work.

I know the title is a bit rude, but it contains lots of problems people have with the auto-formatting of this forum. The new forums only added more problems to the list, like auto-spacing. It's been up since mid 2014 and i haven't seen any response from the forum team yet, which makes me wonder if it has ever been looked at.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/300472-seriously-autoformatting-is-cancer-and-yet-were-expected-to-use-it/?page=5

tbh, I dont remember if I posted this, but who cares...

I can't login from Google Chrome on my PC. Mozilla Firefox and Incognito mode on Chrome work perfectly.

In the regular Warframe website I am logged in, but when I come here to the br- *cough* perfect forums I am just NOT logged in, I press Sign-in a few times and nothing... From what I saw randomly 1 day is that this is related to the "keep me logged-in feature".

On 3/2/2016 at 11:58 AM, hawker_mech said:

tbh, I dont remember if I posted this, but who cares...

I can't login from Google Chrome on my PC. Mozilla Firefox and Incognito mode on Chrome work perfectly.

In the regular Warframe website I am logged in, but when I come here to the br- *cough* perfect forums I am just NOT logged in, I press Sign-in a few times and nothing... From what I saw randomly 1 day is that this is related to the "keep me logged-in feature".

I ran into this myself. What worked for me was going back to warframe.com, logging out, then logging back in. It maybe looks like the two sites have different timers on the " keep me logged in" function, but hitting "log in" is only checking against the one of them. Maybe. I think. Anyway, try logging out at the other site, and then logging back in over here.

And logging totally doesn't look like a real word anymore...

1 hour ago, (PS4)wonderwoman814 said:

They have to re invite us?

I don't know. I was referring to those of us who were invited to it though merit as opposed to this who bought into it through the founder packs.