The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your opinion on the new frame's look?

CasualDragon6

Hard to say. He does have some differences but then the whole " mummy " frame concept and " minion summoning " makes me question what it is going to be like because I do agree that there seems to be a lot of overlap with this one and Nekros. We also just got another summoner in form of Atlas so I do sincerely hope DE tries something new and that the ultimate itself is not the summoning ability but something more clever, varied and interesting.

7 hours ago, (PS4) Krexuz said:

We should be able to fully customize our warframes at this point imho! just come out with a power concept and give us the tools to make the warframes our own, i think it would give warframes the feeling of being more your warframe than looking exactly like everybody else.

I pictured this idea already. But maybe at the very end. Like when they quit making content for warframe, they give us the option to mix and match powers.

Having done some research today on the Egyptian pantheon I just realized that his design is most likely based on Osiris, since he's looks mostly human along with having the pharoh beard. For bonus point if you look at many depictions of Osiris you'll notice his legs are almost always wrapped in the same bandages a dead pharaoh would be buried in (Which in turn represents his dual nature) which is reflected in the skeletal look of the frame's lower body compared to his otherwise "healthy" looking upper body.

11 hours ago, (PS4) Krexuz said:

We should be able to fully customize our warframes at this point imho! just come out with a power concept and give us the tools to make the warframes our own, i think it would give warframes the feeling of being more your warframe than looking exactly like everybody else.

I hope you realize that it's more likely than not that such a thing would result in the same situation that ARK has where roughly 95% of the characters players make are HORRIFICALLY deformed in one way or another.

If this goofball kiddy-game mummy thing is what's next, may as well rename the game. Skylanderframe. Every frame that comes out of some Masters of the Universe toy chest only detracts from warframe's uniqueness, and contradicts DE's own lore. Who designs frames based on some old myth that scares children?? We'e fighting aliens, and the Tenno haven't been children in a very long time.  This is another lazy visual design, just like Limbo (Vegas reject??)

Don't release new frames if you haven't got anything good. You just look desperate. I'd rather no new frame than another frame that pushes me close to quitting.

On 2/23/2016 at 4:08 AM, (PS4) DrakoVongola96 said:

How could you possibly know that when we don't know anything about his abilities?

They said in the devstream that his abilities steal health from enemies, increase armor, summon minions, and a little how his ult works. So saying we don't know anything about his abilities is wrong, but you are right that I was making assumptions. That's why I said I hope my assumptions are wrong.

Overall it's very similar to the grineer.

In saying that I guess this means this game has been "childish" from the beginning (according to some posts). "Childish" is a subjective term. I could say this entire game is "childish", and adults don't play these sort of games. This just makes me sound terrible, enforcing my ideology upon people by degrading what I see with a subjective term. Someone else could easily find the game not so "childish".

Now then the only thing I personally don't like is the colour scheme, but I can easily change that.

I think he looks alright. Definitely got the ancient Egyptian/Mummies Alive vibe from it, and his skill concept seem cool.

13 minutes ago, Shreiko said:

it will probably be hell to farm, so its good that my excitement has been tempered(non-existent).

*Shrugs* They said something about him being obtained by a Phobos quest, with new tiles. If it's like previous quest frames I doubt it'll be hard for people caught up with the current quests, it'll just take like a week (or rushing BPs) because you can't start the next part until you finish building a piece. Personally I'm moderately excited to play through a space pyramid quest type thing.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Im well aware that DE makes lore up as they go and that they pretty much dropped their initial focus on more japan-inspired designs but..this starts to be seriously immersion breaking,especially with a design that looks like it belongs more into LoL than WF.

Who the hell did design that thing in-universe?Is egyptian mythology still a thing?Was Salad V one day just taking a stroll on earth and stumbling over some ancient egyptian ruins and go "well that looks swell,time to build my own Nekro"?Was Stargate actually right all along(quite frankly,after second dream and barren Lotus I wouldnt be really surprised)?

Dislike the design but whats worse is that it keeps pushing the designs into a direction I really dont like(and thats excluding the china frames as they were obviously done to appease the chinese demographic).

Having said that,actually like the Typhus design.

7 minutes ago, Spellcasterz said:

Im well aware that DE makes lore up as they go and that they pretty much dropped their initial focus on more japan-inspired designs but..this starts to be seriously immersion breaking,especially with a design that looks like it belongs more into LoL than WF.

Who the hell did design that thing in-universe?Is egyptian mythology still a thing?Was Salad V one day just taking a stroll on earth and stumbling over some ancient egyptian ruins and go "well that looks swell,time to build my own Nekro"?Was Stargate actually right all along(quite frankly,after second dream and barren Lotus I wouldnt be really surprised)?

Dislike the design but whats worse is that it keeps pushing the designs into a direction I really dont like(and thats excluding the china frames as they were obviously done to appease the chinese demographic).

Having said that,actually like the Typhus design.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Mirage quest reference ancient Greek mythology or some S#&$? Besides, the Orokin were a highly advanced race, so it's not impossible that they may of learned about a few ancients civilizations in their time.