Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Poll] How were you introduced to your first raid?

Magnulast

I've been hosting many newcomer raids...(like...5 if you don't include 2 people carrying) My tactics don't really change, and my approach towards them is simple.

Watch mogamu's video(always works if they watch it)

or

Read the wikia on the LoR(started at 3rd newcomer raid)(seems to be a safe stop*/it's not as smooth as the first)

I've stopped hosting newcomer raids because:

1.  they said that mogamu's video are dumb, and says to "guide along the way" and I told them it doesn't end well, and it ends out to take way much longer, or a complete failure.(Due to the fact I use text chat.)
  2. People completely ignore me when I say don't kill.
  3. There is a rare chance of people actually not listening to text chat at all.(EX: I had a valkyr that stood on a pad/electrocution/ without listening to the text chat and wasted 30 minutes of our time.)

I would like to see the results of this poll to see how effective each introduction is so I don't have to be inefficient.

Goals(based on Priority highest to lowest.)

1. Complete as fast as possible with least issues on wondering what to do.
  2. Give complete knowledge of what to do.
  3. Get as many newcomers as possible

http://strawpoll.me/6927462

It was a streamer who introduced me to raids. he always had at least 3 veterans and rest were newcomers. also he refused to bring anyone in NM raid if they hadn't done normal raid with him.

Also steam community have done some very good guides for raid(was looking that every time I didn't understand something). also mogamus video is slightly outdated and doesn't tell even half of the tricks.

1 minute ago, The_Raall said:

It was a streamer who introduced me to raids. he always had at least 3 veterans and rest were newcomers. also he refused to bring anyone in NM raid if they hadn't done normal raid with him.

Also steam community have done some very good guides for raid(was looking that every time I didn't understand something). also mogamus video is slightly outdated and doesn't tell even half of the tricks.

Mogamu doesn't tell tricks, he tells a straight forward guide, it doesn't seem to encourage "overboard" assumptions. If the newcomers learned tricks, it wouldn't end well, and it would cause unnecessary mistakes.

That's why I choose him out of all the other guides, tricks to newcomers are a bad idea, they need more experienced before the attempt such.

A newcomer nightmare raid is serious, it requires the most persistent of people and the most responsive, I was carried, and told exactly what to do at a fast rate of response towards it. It works well with people who have done the regular raid a magnitude of times.

Risk vs. Reward and the time it takes to get it makes nightmare raid extremely hard to host for newcomers, that's why such restrictions must be placed.

Just now, Magnulast said:

Mogamu doesn't tell tricks, he tells a straight forward guide, it doesn't seem to encourage "overboard" assumptions. If the newcomers learned tricks, it wouldn't end well, and it would cause unnecessary mistakes.

That's why I choose him out of all the other guides, tricks to newcomers are a bad idea, they need more experienced before the attempt such.

A newcomer nightmare raid is serious, it requires the most persistent of people and the most responsive, I was carried, and told exactly what to do at a fast rate of response towards it. It works well with people who have done the regular raid a magnitude of times.

Risk vs. Reward and the time it takes to get it makes nightmare raid extremely hard to host for newcomers, that's why such restrictions must be placed.

I meant small tricks as at the start those 2 doors are bugged and not to touch on pads on those doors or search for rare canisters on certain rooms. and my second raid was NM raid right after I had done normal one(sry for gloating).but what I have seen/experienced only reason why raid takes too long or fails is because someone isn't listening.

8 minutes ago, The_Raall said:

-can't get rid of quote box-

Welp, I should of added "out of the blue"......option.

Anyway, regardless, hmm, well, I guess you communicated well with the rest of the squad?(Raall*)

I mean nightmare requires a lot of communication if it's your first time....Well, I forgive you for gloating.....

My first and only attempt at a raid was a "just for the heck of it" Rhino only LoR (before rework). Hadn't seen the guide yet, but tried to pay attention to chat. Couldn't get past the shocking pad room though because nobody explained what was going on other than putting markers where somebody should stand. Ended up having people drop out (pre-Revive 2.0).

Haven't done it since because I don't really care for "meta" building a squad. I prefer doing pugs of everything, including T4 Survivals for multiple rotations.

12 minutes ago, Maicael said:

My first and only attempt at a raid was a "just for the heck of it" Rhino only LoR (before rework). Hadn't seen the guide yet, but tried to pay attention to chat. Couldn't get past the shocking pad room though because nobody explained what was going on other than putting markers where somebody should stand. Ended up having people drop out (pre-Revive 2.0).

Haven't done it since because I don't really care for "meta" building a squad. I prefer doing pugs of everything, including T4 Survivals for multiple rotations.

Mogamu's guide, or someting equivalent to his guide or better like the wikia page...will help you.

Anyway, I agree, all I want to use is a EV and a Blind Mirage. all other frames are random.

The issue you were facing was most likely part 2, where there are 4 hacking "panic buttons"(consoles?) at the 4 corners of the room.-one of them will be avalible hacking, emiting a yellow light, activating at the start, and then after each pad has applied pressure.

Once a hack is completed, the bigscreen (above the 8 lights) will show a character/letter/sybmol of the grineer, each pad has a letter of the grineer linked up to it. Once you/someone else gets onto the pad the pad will turn blue. Complete this until ALL players are on the pad.

You may have gotten on to the wrong pad, or got electrocuted because someone messed up, and started the pad's electrocution.

The pads are marked to guide a player to stand onto the correct pad in the right order(RNG) and must be hacked to open each next order, so you can't randomly guess no matter how hard you try.

You should not get off the pad, if it turns blue(bright)

Yellow/orange=Elect ruction/pad waiting to be pressed on.

Blue=Pad is secure and must have a person on it.

Once all the people are on a pad, the doors will open.

(NOTE there is a bug/glitch regarding this section)

IF you don't stop blessing, (BLESS*) if someone leaves, the lights will stay the same until adequte time has passed.

Edited by Magnulast
Adding more information that was lacking.

I'm MR 20 and 1k exp away from 21 but still haven't done a raid xD I was going to join one where a guy was hosting and said: 'Anyone welcome, to those who want to die and fail a mission' haha. Too bad I was doing something else at the time, I should really do one soon :/

I chose 'being carried?' but that's technically not true. 

I had a group or 2-4 awesome people explain to me what was going to happen, how it should go down, and what to do. Give us energy [ev trin], at the puzzle, just listen to the waypoints, and don't get off, ect ect. All it takes is a reasonably smart newcomer and patience. 

24 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

Mogamu's guide, or someting equivalent to his guide or better like the wikia page...will help you.

-snip-

I've watched the guides and whatnot by now. This was a while ago, within the first month or so that LoR was released. I'd be willing to host random groups, but with internet at 75kbps they'd be lagging hard.

Well, my option wasn't on there, but I was there when the Law of Retribution was released. A few buds from Council said they were doing it and I joined in. 'Twas a buggy mess and we didn't finish it (even though we were at the very end). I haven't run a single one since.

28 minutes ago, Maicael said:

I've watched the guides and whatnot by now. This was a while ago, within the first month or so that LoR was released. I'd be willing to host random groups, but with internet at 75kbps they'd be lagging hard.

on the other spectrum, I have 250mbps.(College.)

29 minutes ago, Fuzzi said:

I chose 'being carried?' but that's technically not true. 

I had a group or 2-4 awesome people explain to me what was going to happen, how it should go down, and what to do. Give us energy [ev trin], at the puzzle, just listen to the waypoints, and don't get off, ect ect. All it takes is a reasonably smart newcomer and patience. 

Well, I'm talking in terms of retrospect.

Or just meaning that you haven't done it and have no TOOL based use. Like Blind Mirage.

I'm not sure if you are helping the squad in a support role regarding the use of powers.

I know it takes a reasonable smart newcomer and patience, I wasn't really regarding that.

I was saying how your were introduced...

-------

Or I was just saying that people kept a minimal amount of newcomers or did not announce a newcomer raid(2 newcomers or less)

And carried the people across to complete their goal.

34 minutes ago, Acreox said:

I'm MR 20 and 1k exp away from 21 but still haven't done a raid xD I was going to join one where a guy was hosting and said: 'Anyone welcome, to those who want to die and fail a mission' haha. Too bad I was doing something else at the time, I should really do one soon :/

Hmm, I would have liked to join it too.....

45 minutes ago, Kao-Snake said:

This image says exactly how it happened to my team's first try:

chicken_web.gif

Hmm, i never really had that issue on the first try, except when it came the chat text ignorers

6 minutes ago, NoggDog117 said:

Well, my option wasn't on there, but I was there when the Law of Retribution was released. A few buds from Council said they were doing it and I joined in. 'Twas a buggy mess and we didn't finish it (even though we were at the very end). I haven't run a single one since.

Well, it only had one glitch now(only triggers when someone leaves at pads part 2 with door), soo I still recommend doing it, However, I'm not sure about the jordas raid, so you can possibly face tremendous amount of glitches.

Edited by Magnulast
Adding clarification.