Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ladies and gentlemen, it's finally here! (U18.5 hype thread)

Zanno

9 minutes ago, Zippy0 said:

When did they say that Phsyx comes back in its past form?

"Physics collision, performance and stability have all been improved, as a long-awaited upgrade of Warframe PhysX libraries has been completed.", still this doesnt mean to old PhysX returning, but its something atleast

34 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Uhhh...

Warframe keeps growing! Caveat: 18.5 will require ~20GB of HD space. We're hoping to release in a few hours! (Zzzz)

20 Gigs >_> 

HOW IS A 4 GIG UPDATE GOING TO TAKE UP 5 TIME AS MUCH SPACE??????

Either way, thank Clem that my laptop has a terabyte of HD.

It's a compressed file that you download, and when compressed, it's 4 GB. Then the 4 GBs of compressed data is opened up and installed, and it becomes much more.

Edited by Valsako

6 minutes ago, Valsako said:

It's a compressed file that you download, and when compressed, it's 4 GB. Then the 4 GBs of compressed data is opened up and installed, and it becomes much more.

its 20 total disk space taken by warframe.

The update is 4gb compressed and around 10 uncompressed . you only download 4 gb

BUT the total amout of space taken on your harddrive by the WHOLE warframe game will be around 20 GB. :clem: 

Edited by trunks013

Just now, xr-h said:

Pls tell me that this new lighting update wont drop my fps cose im already running warframe on low/off settings 

According to Steve the new lighting/graphics/models will boost the performance... By how much well that depends on your Computer and well we don't really know until it is out...

2 minutes ago, xr-h said:

Pls tell me that this new lighting update wont drop my fps cose im already running warframe on low/off settings 

In Steve's thread he already confirmed they aren't dropping lowest specs. If you can run Warframe right now, U18.5 will either increase or do nothing to your overall performance.