Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 18.5: Download size heads up + graphical improvements explained!

[DE]Steve

1 minute ago, White_Matter said:
24 minutes ago, LordPreda said:

are we really expecting this update to hit today?

We are expecting it.

But expecting it doesn't mean it will be today. 

As this fellow Tenno says. Looks like they're internally aiming at launching later today/early tomorrow if all goes well.

Edited by NightmareT12

52 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

As this fellow Tenno says. Looks like they're internally aiming at launching later today/early tomorrow if all goes well.

Are they? Because, looking at the hub, there's space for another day. So, I don't think they're even slightly aiming for any period of time today. Hope for it tomorrow, expect it on like Sunday.

Just now, Arkrados said:

Are they? Because, looking at the hub, there's space for another day. So, I don't think they're even slightly aiming for any period of time today. Hope for it tomorrow, expect it on like Sunday.

That update would correspond to today (then we would see... but besides new weapons, I don't think much more can be shown about the update). Anyways, the way they've worded this makes it look like it's getting today/tomorrow (where today means, for me, in around 7 hours at best. So technically... Tomorrow for me one way or the other :P)

33 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Lets not forget that update is 4  GB. Even if it hits later on tonite, not sure if I can play it :/

Thats very true. Everytime there has been a huge update, there be only a slim chance that we can play, as the servers

are overloaded due to the size of the download and the amount of people downloading. Update 14 was a good example of that.

54 minutes ago, Cebius said:

Thats very true. Everytime there has been a huge update, there be only a slim chance that we can play, as the servers

are overloaded due to the size of the download and the amount of people downloading. Update 14 was a good example of that.

Didnt they update the server structure ? I remember steve mentioning something along the lines of " 1 gigabit connections are not enough " .. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Deadlus said:

Didnt they update the server structure ? I remember steve mentioning something along the lines of " 1 gigabit connections are not enough " .. 

Hmm, true that. Lets hope that the upgrade did good. We will know when the time comes.

you are overly optimistic. although they might not be communicating, because they are even busier getting a release candidate ready than ever before :P or the grumps from page one are right and it's not this week. that would make me a sad little Tenno

10 hours ago, Rydian said:

I guarantee you there will be a number of bug fixes.

Zoom Download!

i didn't know you had insider information. name your source please. ah never mind. there probably will be some bug fixes, but i guarantee you that there will be more bugs introduced into the game than they are fixed. past experience says so.

2 hours ago, xMaix said:

Yeah well...

RIP Internet :P

EDIT:

The bigger the size the better... (or if they cave in the worries of sizes, they could end up deliver half of the contents this months and the other half two or five months down the road. No one know it's a complete or not. Lol.)

I think more people would like quality and complete contents delivered more than the size.

16 hours ago, Magicfingers said:

i didn't know you had insider information. name your source please.

Sometimes devs will post in bug/feedback threads like "We're aware of this and it's coming with the next update that includes new textures" or simply "Fixed, should be out in the next hotfix".

16 hours ago, Magicfingers said:

ah never mind. there probably will be some bug fixes, but i guarantee you that there will be more bugs introduced into the game than they are fixed. past experience says so.

Wanna' bet plat?