Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 18.5: Download size heads up + graphical improvements explained!

[DE]Steve

12 hours ago, DE_Steve said:

Tenno...

Considering 18.5 is all about HD and improvements, is there any chance we will be getting more appearance tabs? The default amount could be increased by a bit but it'd also be nice if we could purchase additional (possibly universal, rather than frame/weapon specific) appearance tabs with plat.

We've got loads of visual customization now but we're still stuck with 3 tabs. More upgrade tabs would be nice too.

Edited by Naith

13 hours ago, DE_Steve said:
  • Physics collision, performance and stability have all been improved, as a long-awaited upgrade of Warframe PhysX libraries has been completed.

Is this going to improve rag dolls at all? Maybe so that they don't appear to fly around like they have Just Cause style thrusters attached to them?

@DE_Steve

Sounds awesome Steve, cannot wait to see what you guys cooked up with it. I am just wondering if you are planning to use P2P to cut down on that insane level of bandwidth, considering the size and so many consecutive downloads. Here in EU it should be no problem to use the torrent protocol from within the client if you dabbled with the implementation and would likely speed up the process as well, although I hear the US ISP companies are being stupid with that, so distribution there might be funky.

15 hours ago, DE_Steve said:

-snip-

It's been a smart move to overhaul Warframe's graphics, since it's now 3 years old and with this upgrade it still might easily compete with current/next gen games.

(If everything goes well. I hope you don't get too much bugs to fix ;)

Really looking forward to playing Warframe Prime aka 18.5 :)

Edited by CruelMaiden

3 hours ago, (PS4)ArnnFrost said:

So consoles are going to get the graphica updates and the Kavats at the same time PC does? Sweet!

Unfortunately no, he just said that the consoles will be getting it too, when they get updated.  "as they are released".

Consoles aren't jumping to 18.5 tomorrow.

Do we have an ETA on some weird twitter post or something? other than "this week" which will probably be "aim for thursday, crunch through friday, deploy early saturday". I just hope for once the patch is not deplayed on the seams of their pants. not really complaining here. Just being a bit glib :P