The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Take A Page Out Of Destiny

Ibro156

The Sorties missions are most of the time, but now in most cases it can be done with ease. I though to myself; lets take a page out of Destiny's. If you don't know they have this weekly missions (Nightfalls) that are incredible hard to complete, which you chance of being rewarded a rare gear. So can we have one as well? Like a weekly Nightmare Sortie Missions with three different modifiers on, giving the players a advantage or a disadvantage. Where drop chance of the rare gears are high.

Thoughts?

DEAR. GOD. NO.

anything related to that game makes me want to vomit. I HATE that game...

honestly, I'm not sure whether multiple modifier missions are ever gonna happen, outside of Tac Alerts anyway. plus you've got people who are complaining as it is, mostly regarding Bursas. there would be a lot of salt on their part if we had amore to contend with. though personally I would enjoy the challenge.

You want more difficult sorties? Campaign for DE to improve enemy AI instead.

Being one-shotted by lvl 100+ enemies while having no shields, no energy, and dealing practically no damage sounds like a waste of time, not "fun".

Edited by Ailith

Adding Nightmare conditions to Sorties would not make them any more difficult. There will always be a way through without having to really fight any of the enemies just like there is now - for both Nightmare and Sorties. 

Until difficulty in Warframe becomes less about neutralising or outright avoiding enemy abilities and scaling you'd just be stacking boulders on top of an already precarious house of cards. 

It's just as silly as the idea that adding a T5 to the Void will actually improve Warframe's endgame.

The problem in here is that in Destiny you take damage and you deal damage and in Warframe you get one shoted and do less damage. They deal with improved AI and we deal with no powers and enemy armor squared twice.

Tbh, Nightfalls were never hard, you just had to be careful dealing with enemies that dealt the burn damage if any and not dying all at once. I mean, they were meant for 3 players but were easily soloable. As for Warframe and Sorties, I'd like to see the scaling reworked so that we don't get 1-shot by basically anything high level or need 4 corrosive projections to do any kind of damage before adding a new endgame activity.

On 12.3.2016 at 1:56 PM, AM-Bunny said:

Well... isn't that what Trials are? Except with a 24 hour reset period rather than one week.

nono not button puzzles

actually interactive missions, like "long" sortie missions

maybe with modifiers that are less bullS#&$, but maybe even have bosses in between like in one room you got a krill + vor waiting for you out of nowhere :3

On 12/03/2016 at 9:50 AM, Ibro156 said:

The Sorties missions are most of the time, but now in most cases it can be done with ease. I though to myself; lets take a page out of Destiny's. If you don't know they have this weekly missions (Nightfalls) that are incredible hard to complete, which you chance of being rewarded a rare gear. So can we have one as well? Like a weekly Nightmare Sortie Missions with three different modifiers on, giving the players a advantage or a disadvantage. Where drop chance of the rare gears are high.

Thoughts?

hmmmm, no, void is there for this sole reason.

Edited by Henji

This is a fantastic idea. It would be a cool way for them to ciculate the rest of the event weapons that they said they would.

I'm 100% for this, i think a nightmare double modifier (3 would be too much) weekly sortie would be fantastic.

What i mean by double modifier is that it'll have the random nightmare modifiers already, then 2 sortie related ones on top.

Edited by Coaa

Come on guy's

No reason to follow other game.

We got daily sortie.  Tac alert. Nightmare mode. And raid. Nm  raids. Invasion.  Syndicate.  Assasin busting our a $$. Tons of void. Normal alert. 

I think de did a pretty god job provide us with something to do

On 12/03/2016 at 2:02 PM, MumblesMcphatty said:

Until difficulty in Warframe becomes less about neutralising or outright avoiding enemy abilities and scaling you'd just be stacking boulders on top of an already precarious house of cards. 

A hundred times, this.

Warframe is not difficult. Content is not difficult based on skill or based on AI that require knowledge and practise to do well against.

Warframe is what I would class as artificial. The difficulty present in this game is not in fact genuine difficulty, it is simply artificial 'difficulty' via infinite scaling and a system that is war of attrition: you can keep fighting until the enemies out-scale, out-damage and out-number you and you run out of resources. Then you bail out as soon as possible. This isn't difficult, it's tedious. It isn't a challenge of skill or dealing with AI that are particularly challenging in their nature, it's simply optimising your damage until you can blow up the most things as fast as possible before they blow you up.

So... no. No. We have enough content in the game as it is that already sits on this dangerous fence of "not difficult in a genuine sense, simply a difficult because the scaling is insane." 

Everything is "easy" in this game for the same reason. Because you optimise to deal with the level 100+ enemy that can and will oneshot you, thus needing you to nuke it into oblivion first, any other enemy that is lower level and lesser scaled is easier to blow up and less of a threat. (Because it blows you up in two hits, not one, so you have a longer time to identify it and blow it up without getting smeared on the floor.)

TL;DR : no, Warframe's level of difficulty/ease is entirely artificial and this suggestion doesn't touch on the source of that problem even remotely, so it wouldn't actually fix anything in the long term.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Warframe should never do anything Destiny does.

Ah, have even played Destiny till Taken King. I now its a piece of garbage, but one man's trash is another man's treasure. Plus it has better raids and PVPs. The one we have in Warframe is really a "meh", I don't see it as end game, it more of a side activity. 

Edited by Ibro156

I dont own a PS4, so I dont have Destiny, and I have second hand information about its RNG being worse than anything else seen, that the bosses are just bullet sponges that take hours to kill and that the Taken King gave it the Lore it needed... but it backfired BECAUSE it came too late and the players wondered "Why wasnt it like this at the start?".

With the new Damage 3.0 system DE is making, maybe we will have to cheese less in Trials... Hell! I havent done a SINGLE Trial since U18 came out and never completed Jordas Veredict because of the bugs and D/C!

Lets wait untill we have more info about the system and see how that changes the difficulty first.

... Wish we could any kind of news on how that is comming along.

Edited by Kao-Snake
damn typos

I don't see the point.....?

People will cheese Nightmare conditions with the same setup as they cheese LoR or any Sortie ever. 

Nightmare condition is just artificial difficulty that can be bypassed by CCing the entire map, afterall what can't shoot us can't kill us.

Much prefer newer enemies than just amped up mission conditions. 

Perhaps DE would focus on enemy AI soon.

Edited by YasaiTsume

How about instead of adding more enemies with higher damage we make the game actually difficult.

Let's create a real difficulty barrier, something that must be trained and used to gain skill with and then applied to the combat, not this shoot it until it dies concept.