Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Isn't about Ninjas anymore, in my opinion

Barrett_Linwei8

1 hour ago, Zerga-08 said:

These ones I have to disagree with you on.

Ninjas use any equipment to get a job done, that can be anything from a blow dart to plastic explosives. Firearms are not outside of a ninja's arsenal.

Spy missions are pretty ninja like. Maybe sabotage, capture, and rescue to an extent as well.

Other than that, I agree, this is not a very good real ninja game. This is more of a pop culture ninja game.

"Ninjas use any equipment to get a job done" Well no. Ninjas honour their traditions and don't use a fking shotgun to finish an assignment.

Just now, Gryphticon said:

I feel like the game would be more appealing if they were to refer to the Tenno as Space Knights. But to be honest, each Warframe is something different. Ash is a ninja, Excalibur is the knight, etc...

Ash > Ninja

Loki > trickster

Excalibur > Samuria/Swordman

Just now, DaftMeat said:

Aside from Ash, there's really nothing specifically ninja-themed. It's just a flashy tagline. Don't read into it much.

Just relax and go with it.

Reveal hidden contents

JustGoWithIt.gif

Ash lags ninja imo

Warframe definitively dont have ninja vibe

Yeah Real

ninja can do parkour

and they use

Smoke bomb

shuriken

hiden Blades...

oh wait sometime they use

Decoy

Play triks

disarm oponent

Spoiler

Afficher l'image d'origine

Edited by Tsoe

1 minute ago, Ellthan said:

Ye, the rocket launcher that shots 3 rockets that explode 8 cluster bombs each fired by my 4 colorful clones to kill a platoon of enemies is totally ninja like.

totally

That's how space ninja shine

28 minutes ago, pyrocraziac said:

This is a great example of "classic ninjas" with powers much like our warframes.

If guns were part of the time period of this movie, who is to say they would not be used?

I think I've seen this before, I remember parts of it.. also Yuki is gorgeous.

1. Ninjas had no concept of honor other than 'protect the people', meaning THEIR people.

2. Ninjas used anything and everything at hand in order to accomplish their objectives, even creating custom weapons, such as blowgun umbrellas and blades concealed in all kinds of things. (DE we need these.. and mouth darts, mouth darts are crazy awesome <3 ) They also used EXPLOSIVES.

3.  Ninjas were THIEVES first, assassins second. They looted anything and everything that wasn't nailed down... assuming it was light enough to get away with.

Conclusion: Warfame is a ninja game.

Just now, sniperbro-captian-PS said:

"Ninjas use any equipment to get a job done" Well no. Ninjas honour their traditions and don't use a fking shotgun to finish an assignment.

Ninja was a simple spies and assasins, commoners and villagers to the boot. They don't have any "honor" or deep "traditions", and they actually use guns for assasination.

2 minutes ago, Ellthan said:

Ye, the rocket launcher that shots 3 rockets that explode 8 cluster bombs each fired by my 4 colorful clones to kill a platoon of enemies is totally ninja like.

Don't forget that it's a silent rocket launcher as well. 

7 minutes ago, letir said:

Ninja was a simple spies and assasins, commoners and villagers to the boot. They don't have any "honor" or deep "traditions", and they actually use guns for assasination.

Each of the 'ninja schools' had their own deep traditions, based on what/where they came from. Here's a couple quick articles on Koga and famous ninja. As to shotguns, Fujita Seiko was alive during WW2. He knew how to use shotguns and would have used them himself. The LAST Koga used shotguns.

http://www.jigokudojo.org/koga.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C5%8Dga-ry%C5%AB

http://listverse.com/2014/02/24/10-amazing-legends-of-ninjas-from-history/

Mind you the FIRST NINJA IN THE LIST USES A RIFLE!! 

Conclusion: Warframe is a ninja game.

1 hour ago, evilfluffy said:

Cc64N.jpg

You know its just a slogan right?  You know that if you play stealthy you pretty much can get through a level freely without harassment?

Also as Zerga said you missed spy misions being ninja like and the fact that ninjas use w/e tools they have access to.  Also Tenno honor is up to the tenno themself (each player will have differing code of honor).

And if you want to play a game where you don't get loot or money for completing missions good luck finding one.  While I'm not 100% sure I believe ninjas were hired to do jobs and paid for said job not 100% though (if you're good at a job never do it for free).

All of this. Especially the last part.

GXL72A5.gif

1 hour ago, Barrett_Linwei8 said:

Why I say that isn't quite obvious to those who, die hard, follow this game but i say this because

Warframe barely sticks to Ninja like mechanics. The fact that we have guns itself is lore breaking for Ninjas. The play style, nobody cares about sneaking everyone just wants to go in guns blazing

These abilities that we have cause just as much noise just lie everything else we do in the game.

Warframe is a good title but the fact that the slogan is still "Ninjas" play for free.... might as well change that cause this game is anything but Ninja to be honest. When I play this game it gives me more of a Borderlands vibe in aspects of gaming. 

1. Guns
  2. Noisy Playstyle
  3. Most Missions contradict the Ninja aspects of gaming
  4. Everyone plays gunsblazing
  5. The fact you can wallrun, go invisible, and crouch doesn't make it a Ninja game
  6. Noisy Ability
  7. Tenno Honor is nothing more than being a vulture scavaging stuff
  8. All you want in game is money and loot....thats not honorable nor id that a "Ninja" game.

To be honest there are too many elements that contradict on the game to be "Ninjas" i say you change Ninjas to Heros or something. I support DE but its quite obvious now that this game has nothing to do with being like Ninjas.

The Warframes too represent the fact that they don't act like Ninjas Inaros is the latest frame that, once again, does not represent anything Ninja like. Non of the abilities are even close to the ways of a Ninja.

Change the slogan or something, this fame isn't a Ninja game, in my opinion

...?

1: Warframe always had guns.

2: You can be stealthy if you want to.

3: I agree, but how many missions of this type do you think can be done without common players wrecking it? Have you not seen the people complaining about spy squads as it is? We do need more stealth-based missions though.

4: Not everyone.

5: It doesn't, but this here is strange on your list up to this point because you were listing reasons the game isn't a ninja game, not reasons it is, or rather, reasons it is that aren't good enough for you apparently.

6: Most abilities don't alert enemies.

7: Sargus Ruk agrees with you.

8: Are you implying that you honestly believe an F2P online game should be capable of giving players an actual ninja mentality about how they go about playing...?

I think this mindset is restrictive. Warframe has evolved over the years to include a huge number of scenarios, frames and weapons, each offering an unique playstyle. The idea of "space ninjas" is mostly used to sell the game to newcomers, and it gives a clear mental image of what type of game this is.

I do admit most of these frames do not fit in the "ninja" mindset... Heck, to be honest, the only frames that kinda feel like Ninjas is Ash and perhaps loki, maybe Ivara too, then again she's more of a rogue... But I don't care... Frame variety is more important than adhering to a strict ninja policy.. Heck, even excalibur isn't really a ninja.

And frankly, there is a ninja game in there, provided you play solo, sneak around and use bows, kunais and melee weapons... It's just not the dominant playstyle for most missions.