Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor: Let's fix easy mode

Drasiel

1 minute ago, Currilicious said:

Game developers should recognize these threads as a malice to their game and ignore them completely. All this does is lead a downward trend of diminishing fun for everyone involved. The five or so, self appointed representative of all things holy (or unholy depends on your appetite on sarcasm), would disagree. But it's really better for everyone involved.

Game developers ignoring their player base and cold, hard facts and evidence tend not to be game developers for very long.

What if I told you the downward trend of diminished fun started with the power creep of which the Tonkor is the current epitome?

4 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

I'm very sorry that people recognizing an imbalance, testing it repeatedly, having sound logic behind their reasoning, and asking for the developers to exercise their choice of whether or not to do anything about it is viewed as malice, by you.

Well you are forgiven.

You have a problem with something, I don't. But you reckon I should pay for that as well. If that's your sound logical argument, it sure ain't sounding so logical to me.

Edited by Currilicious

3 minutes ago, shyguyk said:

By the same logic, all rework and buff threads should be shot down because people identify a flaw in those weapons/frames being too weak/cumbersome.

Well it depends. If I ain't paying for other people's problems. Sure fix 'em.

4 minutes ago, EDYinnit said:

Game developers ignoring their player base and cold, hard facts and evidence tend not to be game developers for very long.

What if I told you the downward trend of diminished fun started with the power creep of which the Tonkor is the current epitome?

You can hold that opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

3 minutes ago, Currilicious said:

Well you are forgiven.

You have a problem with something, I don't. But you reckon I should pay for that as well. If that's your sound logical argument, it sure ain't sounding so logical to me.

1 minute ago, Currilicious said:

I am more important than the three other players randomly forced into my company so don't touch my weapon to make its impact less detrimental to their gameplay experience

Also, you could learn to multiquote. Use that + button next to Quote to accumulate posts to which you can reply in bulk.

2 minutes ago, Currilicious said:

So if somebody uses those underpowered weapons, likes their challenge, and it gets changed, thereby making them pay for other people's problems, it's ok for it to be changed just because it doesn't affect you?

That argument just makes you look selfish in that regard..

Just now, shyguyk said:

So if somebody uses those underpowered weapons, likes their challenge, and it gets changed, thereby making them pay for other people's problems, it's ok for it to be changed just because it doesn't affect you?

That argument just makes you look selfish in that regard..

Well it's up to them to tell you that. I can't pretend to know what other people want and speak for them. But, I can speak for myself when I have to pay for a problem that ain't mine to begin with.

56 minutes ago, Currilicious said:

Well you are forgiven.

Nobody's paying for anything. If anything, fixing the Tonkor will keep the game healthy longer. Don't agree? Fine. Don't shut down factual, logical arguments about it because you like how it "feels."

13 hours ago, EDYinnit said:

You advocate fun, don't you? Stop trying to take mine away. There's no fun in brainless click-to-kill-the-entire-area for me, I like my explosives dangerous to both sides if I don't use them right. That's fun.

No worries.  Notice I'm NOT telling you that you HAVE to play tonkor or any other weapon.

Unlike YOU, who are saying that the massive numbers of players who enjoy tonkor as it is now should be prevented from using the weapon they enjoy. 

Respect other players... get out of the Nerf Brigade!!!

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt

7 hours ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

No worries.  Notice I'm NOT telling you that you HAVE to play tonkor or any other weapon.

Unlike YOU, who are saying that the massive numbers of players who enjoy tonkor as it is now should be prevented from using the weapon they enjoy. 

Respect other players... get out of the Nerf Brigade!!!

Not really a factor of concern. Although, I can see how a nerf would be a disappointment or an annoyance to many players. It's only of a temporary nature. There are many more effective methods to blow up a whole room or speed kill. It's only a matter of time until most figure out how. Afterwards, enjoy your game for another 1+ year until that eventually gets nerfed and you move to the next blow it all up to kingdom come alternative :)

17 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Nobody's paying for anything. If anything, fixing the Tonkor will keep the game healthy longer. Don't agree? Fine. Don't shut down factual, logical arguments about it because you like how it "feels."

Your "factual, logical arguments" is built on your premise that your brand of balance is healthy for the game for everyone. Well, it certainly is not healthy for me and I don't need you to speak for what I find fun. Especially when you're doing it at my detriment, it wouldn't be logical for me to agree with you.

Edited by Currilicious

On 16/05/2016 at 5:03 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

but it's seriously unnerving to see so many go off and insult one another when there's a more crucial topic at hand.

Isn't it just how these things go? I'm a founder on a few games now, but I always find that the games where the developers listen to more feedback have more, lets call it heated opinions, than those that just ship what they want. Still, there are those of us who appreciate everything you guys do, and respect the freedom you allow us on the forums. Thanks :)

1 hour ago, Currilicious said:

Your "factual, logical arguments" is built on your premise that your brand of balance is healthy for the game for everyone. Well, it certainly is not healthy for me and I don't need you to speak for what I find fun. Especially when you're doing it at my detriment, it wouldn't be logical for me to agree with you.

It is healthy for you. Because when your crutch gets taken away you will have to adapt and become a better player.

10 hours ago, WARLOCKE said:

It is healthy for you. Because when your crutch gets taken away you will have to adapt and become a better player.

Unfortunately the last few generations of players scoff at the idea of Warframe being a game where being good at it counts for something.  That's what happens when you let powercreep run rampant for too long.  Perhaps the proliferation of freemium cellphone games has influenced peoples' idea of what a free to play game should be.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

9 hours ago, WARLOCKE said:

Cool way of building a solid premise right here folks. What you do is, assume everyone share your preference, and there you have your premise of argument. Nevermind, the assumption bit.

Edited by Currilicious

28 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

Dealing over 10x the damage and with no risk of self-harm is balanced?

tonkor is just as balanced as SS or sonicor or staticor, or torrid or... well almost every weapon in the game.  NO weapons do self damage or FF damage except a very few launchers.  no WF abilities do self damage or FF damage.  no melee weapons do self or FF damage, no matter how you whirl them around and fall on top of them

self damage should be removed from ALL weapons! it's downright silly in the context of the game

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt

Cool way of building a solid premise right here folks. What you do is, assume everyone share your preference, and there you have your premise of argument. Nevermind, the assumption bit.

well now, keep in mind, these folks who whine about nerfing tonkor, SS and a half dozen frames know what's best for you and every other player.  They know how you should play your game, what weapons you should use, what frames you should use... and how hard the game should be for you.  they know that if things are too easy for you, you'll get bored and get into trouble.

oh, and they know that you need to stay away from certain nodes that are tooooo easy (i'm looking at you, draco)

yes, the above is irony.  Translation: the folks who whine about nerfing popular weapons (such as tonkor) and frames need to respect other players and allow them to play their game the way they wish 

11 minutes ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

the folks who whine about nerfing popular weapons (such as tonkor) and frames need to respect other players and allow them to play their game the way they wish 

But the reverse does not apply; those in the other camp should just avoid match-made games entirely.

No I just stopped trying to explain anything rational to you a few pages back. Thats all. That crutch.....its real.

5 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

Dealing over 10x the damage and with no risk of self-harm is balanced?

Yea, i still find the penta (or the syndicate one anyway) a more viable weapon for non-infested sorties (obviously the tonkors better for infested).