Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested noises and Orbiter - NOT U19 [Megathread]

Luvina

Just now, venon23 said:

DE and the tips for the future llololol love this

Actually DE Rebecca made a comment on the thread herself, simply 'OMG' and everyone is kind hyped over it. Who knows, maybe we will get an infested version of kubrow or kavat :P But I hope it has something to do with the Warframe itself, hopefully lead us back to the very beginning, Dark Sector's lore.

26 minutes ago, vonderer_9 said:

Actually DE Rebecca made a comment on the thread herself, simply 'OMG' and everyone is kind hyped over it. Who knows, maybe we will get an infested version of kubrow or kavat :P But I hope it has something to do with the Warframe itself, hopefully lead us back to the very beginning, Dark Sector's lore.

Except other than Warframe being a spiritual successor to Dark Sector, they are not linked in any way.  DE have stated they are very separate universes.

Edited by Starfreak911

14 hours ago, CriticalFumble said:

As far as I know, all his quips are there from the start and run regardless of finished quests.  Some degree of randomness is at play (much like RNG drops, just because you haven't found it doesn't mean its not on rotation). 

Though I haven't gotten the creepy "split the veil" one since I finished Second Dream. 

If you have completed second dream, that line is removed.

1 hour ago, Starfreak911 said:

Except other than Warframe being a spiritual successor to Dark Sector, they are not linked in any way.  DE have stated they are very separate universes.

Well they 'stated' but the fact the lore relies heavily on Dark Sector remains the same. It would be awesome if we actually get to see Hayden Tenno mentioned somewhere along the line.

1 hour ago, Starfreak911 said:

So the Excalibur, Nyx and Glaive proto skins don't exist? Since ALL of the lore for them state that said skins probably predate the Orokin.

Excalibur-

Discovering the precise nature of this recently uncovered armored prototype has proved elusive. Initial attempts at dating point to ancient origins, perhaps even predating Orokin Empire.

Nyx-

A striking armor design of unknown origin. Extensive scans of the Orokin record reveal nothing.

Glaive-

A mysterious relic, predating even the Orokin Empire.

DE staff in one of the devstreams stated that Dark Sector was and IS canon, but was far, FAR in the past before the time of Warframe. Thousands or millions of years in the past. So, little if anything to do with the events in Lasria will be germane in Warframe's time. This was confirmed by Steve.

*sigh* Why do I bother? Facts mean nothing.

@OP I HOPE the sounds in the Orbiter mean something cool.

Edited by Kalenath

3 hours ago, vonderer_9 said:

And a big ole "JK, you're not teenage avatars, lol."

That'd be nice, real nice.  

20 hours ago, Bendy_Straws said:

Am I the only one that noticed that Ordis, the dude who NEVER shuts up, doesnt talk when you're near the door?

Maybe... Maybe hes using infested to make himself a body.

or maybe i have found my new happy place with no ordis =D

So someone in my clan just pointed out that one of the liset doors seem to be infested and upon further inspection, its definitely infested. I do believe this came out with 18.6 so its new (I think) Its got me intrigued, like possible connections to the Saryn Prime trailer? Just speculation. So yeah just wanted to point this out to people who may not have seen it although I'm probably kinda late and there are other posts ;p