Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennogen on consoles and non-steam PC warframe Discussion

Lol, if to consoles a chance, I'm still ok with that; But with purchased with platinum? thats just riddiculous. It'll be an insult to content creators that 1) what they created would not mean that they created it without deserving little incentives, but the mentality that making it platinum is means that DE created it solely. 2) it'll be a spit to the face to all players that supported the tennogen items using real money. (oddly kind of the same as the founder's programme). 

7 minutes ago, HitsuSan said:

What are you guys talking about? It's not that if the skins are sold with platinums content creators won't get a share ^^ 

Well as long as the content creators are happy with getting a platinum cut from each sale then all is good.

The pricing will be a little difficult though. Well either that or I'm stupid and I don't know what I'm talking about.

If I buy plat with 75% discount, that means the item has to be priced 4x the normal price. So a $5 item becomes $20 and then converted to plat which is about 300 ( 340 if you count the bonus +20 plat on the store ) plats. This is unfair for those that buys play with 20%/50%/no discount.

If they don't jack up the price then there's absolutely no reason why I would ever want to buy them through Steam for $5 when I can just buy them for $1.25 through plats.

And then there's the (unlikely) possibility that some content creators don't actually play the game. Getting plats as their share would be kind of useless.

Edited by TotallyLagging

You guys think since DE sells items for plat their salary is made out of plat? XD Are you serious?

Anyway, the whole discount thing doesn't apply, the ingame economy is way more complex than that, you're just thinking from a player perspective, not from a 100k active players community. If you can wait and get your deal it's cool, you should do that, but somebody else doesn't want to trade a long wait for something that costs him 10$ (if you work, once a month, that's nothing) so it pretty much evens out.

That being said, nobody knows yet what the console deal is going to be for content creators and you guys are worrying way too much for nothing :) As a content creator i'm telling you that you can relax about it, it's going to be ok for everybody, i'm sure.

Oh... this is an interesting development. I wouldnt be bothered by that, Im not bothered with having to use steam wallet funds to buy things like HitsuSan's Mag Alata skin, but it would be easier to be able to use platinum to buy them.

Honestly, why don't they just have both options available? I mean I know it's more complicated than that but it would be nice given the option to pay with plat or pay with real money. I think that would be nice. I'd like to keep paying with cash but I know some people would prefer plat. Either way I'd like to keep supporting the artists in a way that they would prefer. So that would also be a nice option. The creator decides if he wants plat or cash but it's good that console people finally have access. Even if it's only some I'm glad that this finally happening some way or the other.

Paying with plat. Does that mean that you could send them as gifts?? That would be nice.

1 hour ago, Sneering_Viper said:

I think we should also get the Tennogen items be available for plat, similar to what they are doing for consoles,

More people would buy them making more profit for the artists who made them.

What do you guys think?

It could happen but valve gets a cut and so do the makers on the skins and the plat would cut how much they get.

1 hour ago, Godzilla853 said:

It could happen but valve gets a cut and so do the makers on the skins and the plat would cut how much they get.

But they are already working out a similar contract with the consoles, why not apply the same thing on PC as well. They can keep both real life money and plat in the market, so people can choose which currency they wanna use.

13 minutes ago, Sneering_Viper said:

But they are already working out a similar contract with the consoles, why not apply the same thing on PC as well. They can keep both real life money and plat in the market, so people can choose which currency they wanna use.

I see but I doubt valve will allow that.

39 minutes ago, Sneering_Viper said:

Contract never means a greenlight to do anything. If any, it will bind DE according to the agreement within the contract. Unless we knew what the deals within the contract, it's very unwise to expect more than you should. What if it's the opposite? "purchase with platinum on console are only allowed if steam prices are increased by x%"

mmmh can't they make a site section with some function like a ebay but only for tennogen stuff? (much smaller and precise obviously), the artist Offer a concept , its voted, and become a actual item with name and stuff, u put a build-in-site workshop so all the rights remain to warframe, but the concept and the use of third party programs is artist discrection and u connect this "online shop for tenno" in game exposing only actual item, like the artist make a special contract for using the land but the house build on it is of the artist, but the land will stay on DE shoulders? sorry i don't even know if its doable xD

On July 18, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Sneering_Viper said:

I think we should also get the Tennogen items be available for plat, similar to what they are doing for consoles,

More people would buy them making more profit for the artists who made them.

What do you guys think?

I agree it seems unfair that they can get the it for plat.

14 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

I agree it seems unfair that they can get the it for plat.

1. it was probably the only way they could get in on consoles

2. we are not even getting all the tennogen items apparently, probably because some of the makers refused the deal. 

8 hours ago, (PS4)MakoPriest said:

1. it was probably the only way they could get in on consoles

2. we are not even getting all the tennogen items apparently, probably because some of the makers refused the deal. 

Just informing that i haven't been contacted at all regarding this, so other content creators probably also have no say in this deal. Seems like the items are picked based on their popularity/sales rating.

2 hours ago, Rekkou said:

Just informing that i haven't been contacted at all regarding this, so other content creators probably also have no say in this deal. Seems like the items are picked based on their popularity/sales rating.

This seems kinda like a thing they'd at least mention to you guys.

Love your helms by the way. I use them all the time. 

A few months?

2017? 

Half a decade ?

never?

i don't know the legal stuff so if anyone is more enlighten on this , can you explain ? Also the current stuff on steam right is sooo beautiful , nyx , Loki, and excal have some great skins. 

EDIT: 

1 minute ago, NovusNova said:

At Tennocon, Rebecca mentioned that the legal contracts for tennogen were just about sorted, and that you should hopefully see some of the tennogen stuff appearing on consoles soon.

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_