Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Five nitain, for a helmet?

AdunSaveMe

6 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

You're also restricted to 4 Nitian per day, because only 4 alerts will pop up per day

This is wrong according to the information we've been given. Now I haven't actually counted them but DE specifically said that Nitain alerts show up AT LEAST 4 times a day. That means potential for 5 or more.

22 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Aha. So your point is, let us stockpile more of resources to rot in our inventory and instead make new items require a new resource that isn't properly farmable? Got it.

If that's what you want to think, you feel free.

6 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

You're also restricted to 4 Nitian per day, because only 4 alerts will pop up per day and then only at random times.

While that sounds like a restriction, it really isn't.  Nitain is rarely needed.  If a player waits until nitain is needed, sure there is a restriction.  But as long as the player does one or two missions a day, then there is a pool to pull from.  Then when five are needed, they are there as the player builds up more.

It really is that simple.  Do a 3500 credit + nitain exterminate mission in between draco runs daily and there isn't a problem.

I think the real problem with Nitain is that players see resources (and other drops/affinity) as the only reason to run missions. Nitain being alert only seemed to me to be like DE was trying to say, "Okay, you did the alert and got the resource, now you can't do this mission over and over, so go play for fun instead of trying to grind."

Some people might say it's eliminating being able to farm in a "farming" game, but Warframe is only a farming game if that's how you decide to approach it. Look at Argon, the way it works you can farm all you want, but none of it matters if you don't use it before it's decayed.

Unlike the total 36,485 Alloy Plate currently needed to build every weapon, Warframe component, Alternate helmet, Sentinel, or weapon skin that uses it, it's able to stay a somewhat relevant resource.

>Nitain comes around, I love the mechanic.

>Naturally community whines about anything I like the mechanic of.

>People say to make it not alert only.

>I tell people that if they do that then stuff is going to start taking more of it so it's just going to make things worse.

>They tell me I'm wrong.

>Nitain becomes non-alert only.

>I sob quietly for a few hours.

>New alt helmet needs 5 Nitain to build.

Tell me again why people always complain about stuff that's perfectly fine and don't listen to the common sense that anything they ask for is going to make it worse for them?

6 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

>Nitain comes around, I love the mechanic.

>Naturally community whines about anything I like the mechanic of.

>People say to make it not alert only.

>I tell people that if they do that then stuff is going to start taking more of it so it's just going to make things worse.

>They tell me I'm wrong.

>Nitain becomes non-alert only.

>I sob quietly for a few hours.

>New alt helmet needs 5 Nitain to build.

Tell me again why people always complain about stuff that's perfectly fine and don't listen to the common sense that anything they ask for is going to make it worse for them?

4chan arrows in the forums

This is why you were banned from the discord server strat

Also people complain because people are people and people will always complain, like how you're complaining about their complaining 

People compare nitain to other materials, but that's not really an accurate comparison. Every other material can be sufficiently ground out in relatively short order, depending on the amount you need. Nitain, on the other hand, requires you to wait for it to pop up. By design, it's not as easy to obtain, right off the bat. 

It's not something I can just go get for my Ivara which is sitting stagnant waiting for those alerts to crop up. She needs nine total and I've only got four. That means I've got to wait a two days JUST to have the right amount to make her, and that's assuming I get all four per day, which isn't usually the case because I'm not always playing and often miss them. 

While I don't think it needs changed drastically, it could stand to be a bit more common. Like having six guaranteed alerts per day, or making the current ones last twice as long. As it stands now, Nitain isn't something that's feasibly regularly available for people that aren't on all day or get on intermittently throughout the day. Regardless of your viewpoint, that's an issue. The severity of the issue is debatable, but it's an issue nonetheless.

If I had no Nitain, but wanted the Destreza and Ivara, I'd need 14 units, which is a minimum of FOUR DAYS just to get enough, assuming I'm online for all the alerts for those days. If not, it could be a week, or even more, depending on my schedule. A week, to simply gather materials sufficient to create a single weapon and two parts of a frame.

7 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Nitian? You have to wait for the alert to pop up and then play it. You're also restricted to 4 Nitian per day, because only 4 alerts will pop up per day and then only at random times.

Are people STILL spreading this misinformation? Dude/dudette, you need to do your research before acting like you know everything. There is a MINIMUM of 4 alerts for nitain per day, and usually around 8 per day in actuality. Also- you can get nitain from the sabotage 2.0 missions' caches now, so it's not like there's no way to get it but being on at the right time.

56 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

If I had no Nitain, but wanted the Destreza and Ivara, I'd need 14 units, which is a minimum of FOUR DAYS just to get enough, assuming I'm online for all the alerts for those days. If not, it could be a week, or even more, depending on my schedule. A week, to simply gather materials sufficient to create a single weapon and two parts of a frame.

Yes.  That's why players play the alerts before it's needed.  Once a day for two weeks before it's needed and you have what you need.  Do that for a month and you have over that much in reserve again.

Case in point.  I hate archwing.  Hate.  Hate.  Hate.  That's why I ALWAYS play EVERY tellerium alert I see so I'm not bound to try to farm the stuff in archwing.

Edited by Troll_Logic

On 3/25/2016 at 2:37 AM, Sloan441 said:

Argon is worse.

Obtaining nitain is trivial. You just have to be around and you get it...IF...you pay attention and do the alerts. You simply have to be there. Nothing more.

Not seeing a problem here.

I had Over 500 Argon at double alert weekend. I have none now. This is DE's endgame.

edit: wrong resource

Edited by Sunfaiz

15 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

Are people STILL spreading this misinformation? Dude/dudette, you need to do your research before acting like you know everything. There is a MINIMUM of 4 alerts for nitain per day, and usually around 8 per day in actuality. Also- you can get nitain from the sabotage 2.0 missions' caches now, so it's not like there's no way to get it but being on at the right time.

Sigh - I never clamed to know everything nor did I act the part. Can we stop with the assumptions and hostile tone?

And when did they add it to caches? I haven't seen it drop in Sabotage caches so that's news to me. If it's on the drop tables for caches, that's slightly better...but then you're kind of at the mercy of RNG there aren't you if there are only 3 caches and there's only a percent chance of it dropping. So...not really reliable.

16 hours ago, AXCrusnik said:

This is wrong according to the information we've been given. Now I haven't actually counted them but DE specifically said that Nitain alerts show up AT LEAST 4 times a day. That means potential for 5 or more.

Really? Used to be 4 maximum as far as I know, but thanks for the correction. It still means that people will be restricted as to when they can get it, depending on when the alerts actually pop up. Some of us don't live on Twitter or watch Alerts like a hawk and can jump onto Warframe whenever we please. Sometimes I only see 2 alerts on a given night.

I still think 5 Nitain for that helmet is excessive and that Nitain is more of a pain than Argon to get.

Edited by MirageKnight
Typo - meant to say "4 maximum" instead of "4 minimum" - was thinking about the post I was replying to.

1 minute ago, MirageKnight said:

And when did they add it to caches? I haven't seen it drop in Sabotage caches so that's news to me. If it's on the drop tables for caches, that's slightly better...but then you're kind of at the mercy of RNG there aren't you if there are only 3 caches and there's only a percent chance of it dropping. So...not really reliable.

They added the the grineer/corpus sabotage 2.0 mission type caches the same time the sabotage 2.0 mission type came out. Also, the fact that we can get it any time of day that we want as long as we put in the time and effort to get it or to put it in a less pretty way, the fact that we can grind it- is kinda the definition of reliable...

On 3/25/2016 at 3:23 PM, notlamprey said:

"How much grind will they endure before they all just pay to skip it?"

My friend, DE already has that data from Vauban. They are now applying it. If you don't like being treated like cattle then speak with your wallet and time. Complaining anywhere will only brand you and give more presence to Warframe on the internet. It's a win-win situation for DE.

Yes. Five alretium. For a helmet. Why? Because alretium is the only resource DE has some form of control over. If it were any other resource  you could build it immediately. And you would still have hundreds, if not thousands,  if not millions of the resources used to build it. This will not be a resource you can Nekros away like any other. Even so, there's 4 alerts a day,  and you're probably going to catch at least 1 per day. That's at most,  if you play every day,  5(!) days of 10 minute missions.

That's not really a long enough time frame to complain about. Even if you don't play every day, it's what, ten days? Fifteen? That isn't really long grind,especially if you're doing it in parts and guaranteed to get it. Not to say that I like the concept, I actually hate that it's needed. But that doesn't change the fact that it is needed. 

1 hour ago, Medereyes said:

My friend, DE already has that data from Vauban. They are now applying it. If you don't like being treated like cattle then speak with your wallet and time. Complaining anywhere will only brand you and give more presence to Warframe on the internet. It's a win-win situation for DE.

You needn't worry for me; I've stated before that I believe some portion of the community must be gently adversarial when it comes to giving feedback about DE's decisions.

For the health of the game, DE need to be some amount of worried about player responses to their choices. I'm not suggesting we terrorize or abuse them, but they have to always be worried that the next thing they try will cause discontent at a very bad time. Lack of consequence leads to destructive decision-making; that's just how humans are.

Perhaps I believe very strongly that a 5-Nitain alt helmet is too far, and now is the time for pitchforks. Perhaps I'm only mildly annoyed. Either way, I feel that the threat of widespread player unhappiness is the best defense we have against changes to this game that kill the fun. That's why I make these checks when I feel the window is being pushed.

Maybe everyone at DE is entirely well-meaning. I'd certainly like to believe that's the case. At the end of the day, their job includes "being a professional." I would expect them to understand why I think my stance is necessary; ideally we want the same thing.

12 minutes ago, DuskLegendary said:

You can only obtain Nitain through alerts correct? I'm actually wanting to make Wukong at the moment for some extra Mastery, but low and behold...

Incorrect.

Reactor Sabotage 2.0

Grineer and Corpus Ship Reactor Sabotage missions have been given a total overhaul, complete with diverse mission objectives and a new set of Sabotage-unique tiles.  Reactor Sabotage 2.0 includes:

• Interactive Mission objectives that will change depending on the squad playstyle.  These objectives will create unique environmental hazards and varying extraction goals depending on the squads choice.
  • 4 new Grineer tiles.
  • 4 new Corpus tiles.
  • Enemy Caches have been added to these missions, players have the option to find 3 in each mission! Finding all 3 can yield access to rewards like Nitain and pieces of the new XIPHOS Landing Craft.

I haven't seen them personally (or the landing craft either for that matter), but they're supposedly there.