The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thought on Dex

IANOBW

So, in three years, we've had three Dex weapons. A lot of people are thinking that we might get a Dex warframe next year.

So say DE do go with this, and they choose the posterboy:

Would it be called Dexcalibur?

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Onyxflamegod said:

with bandaid stats like Sybaris got.

adjusting Magazine/Reload isn't a bandaid - adjustments the Weapon should have gotten (though 20/2.0 would have been a better choice to make Players think about when they Reload more).
the other adjustments (all others were more Damage), definitely not a bandaid, because there wasn't anything to fix in the first place. just powercrepe at work.

7 minutes ago, taiiat said:

adjusting Magazine/Reload isn't a bandaid - adjustments the Weapon should have gotten (though 20/2.0 would have been a better choice to make Players think about when they Reload more).
the other adjustments (all others were more Damage), definitely not a bandaid, because there wasn't anything to fix in the first place. just powercrepe at work.

I was referring more to the firerate/crit bandaid stats. The damage rework could be argued as a sidegrade as opposed to buff/bandaid since most people I know personally that used a Sybaris used it for the more or less equal damage spread, to combat Sentients.
Though based on the Dex Furis' stat changes being bandaid stats as well, it's generally safe to say that Dex weapon get bandaid stats. Dakra being an obvious exception because it was an original.

15 minutes ago, ImPandalicious said:

I feel that they may just skip over Frames. Do a Dex companion. Then restart to primary again.

I don't see a need the Dex-ify everything. Especially frames.

This^

We already have base frames, Prime Frames, and soon we will have an Umbra. Do we REALLY need a Dex frame? If it's a SKIN then I can see it happening.

I am personally on board the Dexcube train. That wordplay is too strong to pass up given DE's love of puns. I can see Dex armor or Dex Syandana happening, too.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Onyxflamegod said:

I was referring more to the firerate/crit bandaid stats.

there was nothing to 'fix' with those stats. it's just increased for the sake of being increased.
the changed IPS Spread is nominal in Gameplay, including vs Sentients. sure, when they resist Slash you'll be hurting on Damage more than you were before, but the difference is ~38 Puncture Damage on double Weakpoint Crit. which is basically nothing.

with Dex Furis perhaps, the larger Magazine allowing them to actually spray and pray.
the Crits is nice though, not that such helps AFuris at all since it's a different Weapon but *shrugs*

secondaries needs an urgent buff just as much as  how the shotguns got reworked. their damage drops off way too early uses too much ammo and their magazines are just too small ( 210) most of them. I cant tell when was the last time since I put down wraith twin vipers when it was initially released a secondary felt actually viable to use in high level missions. they all die at level 60 heavies wasting ammo like a broken water main. they definitely needs work.

if it wasn't for corrosive or other proc  then all secondaries can be considered garbage.

A talking sniper. Called Morningstar.

"Wonderful shot! Murderer!"

"Someone is now an orphan and doesn't know it yet!"

"They might have been raised in a broken home"

"They might have been nice if you got to know them"

"That was murder by most definitions."

"You don't talk to your parents as often as you should."

"Good job ending that life!"

"Most serial killers thought they were good people, too."

"By not donating to charity, you indirectly murder thousands of people every day!"

"You don't exercise as much as you should... fatty!"

"Your clothes were probably made by slaves."

"They were probably just defending themselves."

"Oh, maybe they were just having a bad day."

"They had a family."

on reload:

There are People who can't afford ammo, you know!

missing multiple shots:

"If you were a better shot you wouldn't need to reload"

"Great. now you're wasting ammo"

on weapon switch:

"You can't ignore me."

"Just wait until I tell Spacemom!"

all of this in Spacemom pink with flowerpowerflowers all over it and it should be fine.

/s