The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Why Do You Get Prime Frames?

Ibro156

I've really don't have a compulsive lore reason to get them. The only time I ever do is when they look better then their standard counterpart. If not, I won't bother try getting them if they don't look good to me. I hope Umbra isn't like that.

Anyways, what about you? What's your reason?

Extra polarities, better base stats, better visuals at times, And better materials. Most vanilla frames in my arsenal look like shiny plastic while the primes have that offset a bit by textures and other materials.

Stat-wise they are better in every, but minor way ( some of them have much higher energy pools etc. ).

And also the void death orb energy replenishment effect is pretty good.

But sometimes I do wish to play with old non primed frames due to their more simplistic look.

2 minutes ago, The-Tective said:

Fashion.

Never cared about the prime effect and the little buff they get.

The trend has been towards bigger and bigger buffs though, unfortunately. I liked when they were supposed to be *slight* upgrades (or even sidegrades). However trading (by making primes sometimes easier to acquire than normal frames due to no mastery limits on them...) and power creep kinda having broken that entire idea.

Edited by marelooke

Umbra won't be like primes. DE said that themselves and have said time and time again (unfortunately people don't listen and keep asking about umbra nonstop....) that the reason it hasn't come out yet is because they're taking their time to make sure the lore and reasoning and purpose for them is good, and more than "just another alt version/skin". Their abilities may very well even be different than the standard/prime frames. Maybe not much- but slightly. That's ofc just conjecture on my part.