The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players should not deal full damage for friendly fire during Radiation proc.

aerosoul1337

given that it's not that often you'll come across radiation in General, whether it be a rad proc or the Sortie Modifier, I say keep it as it is. it's a unique hazard that discourages press-to-win gameplay, and makes you think about what attacks you should use and when you should use them. there's enough brainless players out there as it is, so let's not get rid of something that encourages you to use your brain cells slightly, eh?

just learn to watch your fire, and avoid using wide AoE. problem solved, DE doesn't need to fix Jack.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

8 hours ago, fatpig84 said:

We should in fact increase friendly fire damage.
So people will learn that Radiation procs are deadly.

We know that Radiation proc is deadly. Im just glad my Saryns Molt removes all sorts of procs. So Saryn is basically immune to status procs (175% efficiency is awesome). 

Don't want to sound mean, but changing this is just lowering the difficulty.

Basically its like saying:

"Oh no, this is hard to play against, change it!"

These are sortie missions. They are supposed to be challenging.

7 hours ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

Didn't you mean "Note to myself or Note to self"  ? yeah i agree that you should think better before posting

Thanks for the tip! Now i know for the next time i'm talking to you that you need special attention and treatment. 

And facinating you kinda corrected yourself on how to fight rad procs. I think there's hope left for you.

The Sortie today was quite interesting because of this. xD

One guy in my team went down and nearly killed me trying to rez him. Got to love Eclipse.

I think I downed some teammates once, accidentally, by disco ball. The radiation proc came after I tossed it out. Went and jump off the map as quickly as I can but... lol. Another time I think I blinded them. Stray bullet as I am about to hit 4 on disco ball. Though they didn't yell at me but the erratic bullet jumping is a strong indicator.

So sorry guys, I didn't mean it, I swear!

OK, the damage itself isn't the issue. It's failure in coping with the environmental hazard.

People insist on bringing stuff like explosive weapons or heavy AoE 'frames to these missions and it makes it nigh impossible to get them done. Many tenno can't handle them regardless, then you add this and it doesn't end well.

Lately, it's simply not worth dealing with. I run them solo or sidestep the whole issue with Valkyr. If you like seeing lots of Valkys--even in places where they don't really belong, then keep bringing explosive weapons and AoE stuff.

A little thought can go a long ways here, but most simply run in oblivious to how to work with this. Don't be That Guy.

Edited by Sloan441
Clarity

Radiation only lasts like 3s if affected by it unless you have the status resistance mods (diamond skin or the -75% duration mod) so I'm not seeing too much reason to remove it honestly.

Only times it's bad really is if there's a Nova with an in-effect molecular, blade storm, and mindless idiot with a simulor. But for 3s which passes by that it's not a general threat unless they're next to you.

Though I would enjoy seeing them change the radiation hazards to be affected by radiation for the duration of the mission and see how much teamwork goes on in there since the trolls will end up getting nothing done by messing around too much.

On April 5, 2016 at 11:58 PM, Hemmo67 said:

this is what i hate too especially as mag cuz i have no idea if i get procced during white screen of doom and might kill my team...

I always have to be careful with Mag because I can get a rad proc mid animation and killing 1-2 squad mates.

Radiation can be the most deadly sortie effect since it procs so often and so quickly.

4 minutes ago, VCaptiion said:

Stay far away from those braindead AOE-spamming-addicted players.

Nice try, how about a grenade on your warframe then? >:D

Set the charges, get a proc and UNLEASH THE FURY!

Edited by SeaUrchins
Radiation is hilarious!