The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

operator lines, random or lore tid bits?

Miser_able

Most of the lines are complete nonsense while some of the other ones may be linked to story-telling, or lore.

Indeed some of these lines are completely unneeded, but I like to hear the voice of my Operator regardless, so... I try to listen.

"Keep talking, we're still trying to figure out just how dumb you are." *sticks tongue out at the Ambulas.*

Yep... just normal kids it seems.

4 minutes ago, Sixty5 said:

I guess it implies that pain can be transmitted across the link between operator and frame. 

It does. That can be certain.

Other ideas can be inferred from their speech as well... such as the fact they refer to their Warframes while speaking to them using pronouns like... "Us. "We" implying that they are in-fact two separate entities.

Which can then be confirmed (sort of) by the end of the Second Dream where the Warframe moved with no connection to its Operator to save him/her from the Stalker. And don't forget the Acolytes, which are most likely rogue Warframes, torn from their Tenno by the Stalker himself.

All speculation though... they may just be screwed up in the head after so many years of cryosleep... who knows?

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

17 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Other ideas can be inferred from their speech as well... such as the fact they refer to their Warframes while speaking to them using pronouns like... "Us. "We" implying that they are in-fact two separate entities.

Although this is inconsistent. You have things like this: I will consider what I have learned from this skirmish; I wonder what's down here. But then: We've been damaged, need to heal; Right, we're on our feet.

Most of the things operators say are supposed to reflect them talking to each other during missions, then you have them saying things in first person, and then things I underlined - we've been damaged, rather than I've been damaged. Either the writing is off or there is something going on. I don't know.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

"How big is this place?" On a defense or interception on a small map... -_- God, operators are stupid!

Shortly after completing The Second Dream quest, my operator said "Archwing deployed" on the very beginning of a T3D. I disabled operator transmissions after the mission and haven't enabled it ever since :3

4 minutes ago, Raniu said:

Shortly after completing The Second Dream quest, my operator said "Archwing deployed" on the very beginning of a T3D. I disabled operator transmissions after the mission and haven't enabled it ever since :3

They fixed that part now `-`

Since DE have yet to actually give them lines that reflect any kind of experience, knowledge or for that matter common sense. I turned it off the second i saw the ugly anime

evangelion light wannabe.

I didnt ask for that throw off extra in any of the last 15 years forsaken child or child soldier drama with the old slick of humanity must save the day story telling 101.

At least i can hide the damn extra NPc far away and since i removed all focus lenses i can play the game again without constant damn annoying sounds or strobelights that want me to be anti team friendly.

6 minutes ago, ArmyUnit said:

>Operator: "That was a close one!"

>I'm running around as Valkyr while in hysteria with full energy

Operator pls

Also any time he says "We fought with honor".. That line just never fits ever

I know, right?

But this can be extended to other transmissions as well. Like when doing a crossfire mission you enter the room where corpus crewmen spawn, and the Lotus says: The Grineer are on their way. You look on the enemy counter and you see 100/100.

So it's not just the operators, but they have the biggest issues.

The one stupid thing they didn't say is "We are immune to the infestation but they still try to kill us". Which actually caught my attention as geek for lore. Maybe the Tenno are part of the Infestation themselves. that would make sense on what Marglius had said to them about voices from taking over, as we seen it happened to Jordas going mentally insane. As I was on the verge of understanding something important about the lore, they interrupted me and said "Need to find a health orb", when am playing as a bloody Trinity that spams Blessing. I couldn't take them serious anymore since that moment on. I wish there was an actual school for these dumb lugs to learn at -,-

Edited by Ibro156

I turned off the Operator transmissions just a couple of missions after I'd finished Second Dream. I like the aspect of the Operators, don't get me wrong, but those transmissions are just annoying. There are a couple of lines with lore tidbits ("The Grineer used to be builders. Now all they make is war." and "We are immune to the Infestation, but still they try to kill us." for example), but most of it is just random stuff. Along with the examples above, the sheer number of times I had to hear my Operator say, "That was a close one!" after taking the slightest chip of damage in an hour long survival was... irritating.

The most interesting lore tidbit I've heard was when my warframe was on low health and my operator said "blargh, you're not making any sense."

At first I was like you're not making any sense, but then think about who he's talking to. Could it be the Warframe? That would hint at this kind of sentience in Warframes that we saw at the end of the second dream quest. 

Thoughts?

6 minutes ago, ROSING said:

The most interesting lore tidbit I've heard was when my warframe was on low health and my operator said "blargh, you're not making any sense."

At first I was like you're not making any sense, but then think about who he's talking to. Could it be the Warframe? That would hint at this kind of sentience in Warframes that we saw at the end of the second dream quest. 

Thoughts?

Warframes are alive! They could talk to each other mentally. Also imagine the others Warframes playing Blackjack while waiting to be called out by the Operator xD

But on serious note that will bring up alot of moral questions. Does the Warframe allow it? If so what do they give up? Their controll of the body? Or does the Operator act like a battery for the Warframe?

Edited by Ibro156

10 minutes ago, Ibro156 said:

Does the Warframe allow it? If so what do they give up? Their controll of the body? Or does the Operator act like a battery for the Warframe?

I don't think they're given much of a chance according to the last line of the loading screen glitch text.

"Initilizing synaptic overlay... " implies that the frame is giving up control of its body to the Tenno. You can develop this in all kinds of ways, from the frame learning to reject the foreign mind control to it achieving a perfect mental synchronization with the Tenno and getting even stronger. I take it most of us have seen NGE.

It's both.

The implementation of focus and operators lines seems rushed. actually I recall DE mentioning something about this.

Which makes some sense regarding the incidents mentioned above. They crammed everything in to more then likely sort out later. Meanwhile allowing for some lore tidbits to seep out until they do. They're probably working on the dialogue to situation linkage as we speak.

7 hours ago, Genitive said:

Although this is inconsistent. You have things like this: I will consider what I have learned from this skirmish; I wonder what's down here. But then: We've been damaged, need to heal; Right, we're on our feet.

Most of the things operators say are supposed to reflect them talking to each other during missions, then you have them saying things in first person, and then things I underlined - we've been damaged, rather than I've been damaged. Either the writing is off or there is something going on. I don't know.

Illuminati confirmed?

I don't get the nitpicking over the saying "We" considering the operator and frame are two different entities thus it makes perfect sense.

But yes OP we've known the operator feels the pain the Warframe does, we essentially take over them entirely so we get all the sensory feedback as well... Likely why some past operators have died, the trauma was too much even for the recovery systems.

I think that only thing that can operator say to us is absolute and final proof that RNG is a real thing.

Operator: Mine warframe is strong. (bleeding out)

PS. I think that lotus suffers with same problem.

Lotus: Heavy infestation ahead. (just one charger)

Edited by DanujCZ
I wanted to say more. :)

10 hours ago, ArmyUnit said:

>Operator: "That was a close one!"

>I'm running around as Valkyr while in hysteria with full energy

Operator pls

Also any time he says "We fought with honor".. That line just never fits ever

Most of the time I go around recklessly or running from everything

Broke a random cache; that indigo kid said: "we fought with honour"; turned him off the very moment his transmission ended

... ... ...

We should really start gathering funds for making a prototype of "tenno blender 3000"

Edited by Teloch