Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros. End game worthy?

DannyPritchard

Question

21 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, mrecentric said:

Inaros is good, but it's hard to use him for certain types of missions at high levels. Long survival missions are difficult because you have to hold still to regen his health using the second ability. While you're regenning health, people are shooting at you and reducing your health. The higher level the mission, the more your health goes down while they shoot at you. At some point you're losing more than you gain.

Actually, this is incorrect. He is invincible when devouring enemies. He also can gain back most of his health in a single melee finisher by using a single dagger with covert lethality and lifestrike. Just stun them with #1, channel, and finish. instant kill, and you get a huge chunk of health back. Also he can heal teammates by discharging his scarab armor at groups of enemies, and can CC large areas. So yes, he is very much endgame ready. By the way, this is coming from someone who recently participated in an all-inaros LoR raid, and it went very smoothly. He can heal the pod in the hijack portion!  Also Grace + Inaros is frankly amazing, as well as Inaros + Sancti Tigris.

Inaros is incredibly powerful at any level, in any mission that doesn't involve ancient disruptors.
When he has enough enemies trapped in his 4th skill, he's basically invincible. Whenever he takes damage, it heals him and everyone in proximity instantly.
Once your bar is full, don't let the healing goodness go to waste. Use it to recharge the skill.
2nd skill is more for emergencies when you need to recover some health uninterrupted. Teammates can use it too.

Haven't found a good use for a sandstorm, though. In theory, you could 2 a bunch of tougher enemies and carry them with you like healing popsicles as you roll around.

Edit: Oh, and I might be confusing 2nd and 3rd skill.

Edited by LABAL

4 minutes ago, LABAL said:

Inaros is incredibly powerful at any level, in any mission that doesn't involve ancient disruptors.

He is incredibly survivable, powerful is subjective though.  He is almost completely useless against corpus shields damage-wise.  None of his abilities do a very good deal of damage at all.  His 3 is fun as heck to use but doesn't kill very fast, especially against corpus.  His 4 is great for heals but depends on large groups (why?) because its an aoe it hits a lot at once, try it on a single target for health and 9/10x that target will be killed by someone else (your sentinel) before it can heal.

His Devour does very little damage end-game though it is super for healing yourself (and others should they bother leaving your targets alive to devour themselves), and its pretty good for ohcrap moments where you just devour one target forever to prevent your death (because it takes forever).

Of course, his passive abilities play a tremendous part in his kit, gaining health from finishers (via his first ability usually), and although it doesn't scale well into end-game his second passive (coffinbait) can potentially let you revive yourself, or at least pull in enemies for others to kill to revive you.

Unlike a few frames that excel at end-game, you will depend on your weapons to do most of your damage, not your abilities.  Don't expect dessicate or scarab armor (release) to kill things for you.  They are just for crowd control and healing.

Using Inaros end-game requires a single very important factor, team-work and coordination.  If everyone just kills everything first (because you only have your weapons for damage) you cannot regain health, heal others etc..

I would trust Inaros in any mission to keep me alive, and help revive others (possibly heal if they behave), but do not expect to rely on your abilities to kill, bring a nice gun though and you're set.

Like so many mysteries of life that still don't know...

So.. What is engame again? 

oh right... fashion frame!
yeah Inaros is definitely way better than Wukong and Nezha for that really tough endgame content of trying to decide which color and accessory is more rad. 

13 minutes ago, DannyPritchard said:

If not then which frames out of the more recent ones are good for the tougher content in this game?

Inaros is very good for surviving high-level content.

So is a Valkyr built around Hysteria or Eternal War with Life Strike channeled melee.

I've heard many good things about Chroma builds focused on Ice/Armor as well.

It really depends on your playstyle.

Inaros holds up decently in the level 90 area thanks to his "I'm going to facestab you and take all my health back" power. His other powers have good stun potential, but are either too expensive or have too much setup to use well once the enemy spawn rate starts accelerating 

I've had zero problems using Inaros in high level missions, be it Tower IV or hour long survival. His health returns on stealth finishers are crazy, and he has amazing crowd control. If you make the sacrifice to boost his armor, he becomes almost unkillable in a competent player's hands.

11 minutes ago, DannyPritchard said:

If not then which frames out of the more recent ones are good for the tougher content in this game?

Inaros is more than worthy of High end game. You can boat him with a ridiculous amount of both health and armor.

Plus, since the main power to remain alive is his 1, he doesn't need a crazy energy level to do crazy amount of damage, after all it relies on your weapon to deal damages and since it's finisher damage, daggers are deadly with Inaros.

34 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Inaros holds up decently in the level 90 area thanks to his "I'm going to facestab you and take all my health back" power. His other powers have good stun potential, but are either too expensive or have too much setup to use well once the enemy spawn rate starts accelerating 

At the kind of level where enemies start getting dangerous, you should be gaining way more energy than you can use it due to Rage and his extremely high health and armour. Efficiency is wasted on Inaros.

He is very end game viable, I took him to the corpus exhimus stronghold survival last night (level 80 - 100) equipped ONLY with my dark dagger and my kubrow. Fun times and i finished it fine with a pug Excal and Saryn. ^_^

also no shadow step.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

7 hours ago, mrecentric said:

Inaros is good, but it's hard to use him for certain types of missions at high levels. Long survival missions are difficult because you have to hold still to regen his health using the second ability. While you're regenning health, people are shooting at you and reducing your health. The higher level the mission, the more your health goes down while they shoot at you. At some point you're losing more than you gain.

Well something was damaging me while I devoured enemies. It might be a bug, but it's a frequent one I can't seem to get away from.

Edited by mrecentric

Inaros is really good, get zenurik, covert lethality, a range, efficiency and duration build. Get to a survival and start killing stuff with your primary and secondary and when enemy gets though, hit them with desiccation and use covert lethality, find a choke point past 40 minutes and just repeat, if u r finding urself in a sticky situation just devour until u past 50% hp and sandstorm away, if you dont have energy for sandstorm just bullet jump away, i would suggest sandstorm for the cool exit the fight effect.

Edited by LemonEnterprise

Awesome frame. Interesting use mechanics. Extreme survivability. With arcane grace, 99% immortal (only juggers, batalysts and bosses can harm him)

Few tips:

Dagger with cover lethality will instakill almost any enemy, any level, when blinded by 1. Endless scalability.

Fill up your ult only while enemies are hit by it already. This means free of charge filling, no health loss. Only 1st filling is risky but you can go only to 25%. 

Go slightly away from your team to clog ways enemies are coming, blocking corridors and bridges with scarab infected enemies - because your teammates usually kill infested enemies, which is bad.

Sandstorm is great as "oh sh*it" power, great on high ledges and near abyss maps (will toss enemies away) and in tight corridors will actually damage enemies significantly when they bump to walls. You can fast hit several enemies with 2 if you have the time before sandstorm.

His 2 will make you immortal during animation and you can use it when there are no humanoid shapes enemies around for melee finishers +1.

Inaros is heaps of fun to play, and definitely capable of endgame, but I can't really see his place in the warframe hierarchy at the moment. Most things he does can be done better by someone else. Having said that, one of my favorite frames. :) 

If you are focusing on Survivability, i would recommend adding Steel fibre and armoured agility to your mods, as these two will directly have an impact on him that can raise his EHP to crazy levels. I would also recommend range and duration, as you will be getting your healing through finishers instead of scarab armour. Pop scarab armour the second you can for the bonus 200 armour, then run around spamming A, use a covert lethality dagger such ad the Karyst and you are set for healing if you need it, although life strike can help as well of course. 

Sortie 3 endgame yes. Anything 100+ i'd be hard pressed to say yes unless you're using naramon. In which case any frame in the game is endgame viable with naramon.

Outside of that though, i don't think so personally. You'd be hard pressed to constantly keep everything blinded and keep returning health to stay alive. At 100+ they will hit hard, and take massive chunks of that hp per hit so if you m iss one enemy with your blind its done.

21 hours ago, mrecentric said:

Thats not true u just blind them with his 1 and use covert lethaly to insta kill and u get 20 percent of your health back on finishers

Edited by mrecentric