Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I have discovered an exploit to defeat Phrorid very easily

jakk2000

Question

Literally all you have to do is clear out the enemies in his area, then get close to him and strafe in circles and shoot him. Phorid will try to do a short lunge melee attack but will never hit you. You can achieve this by holding either A or D and moving your mouse to shoot at Phorid. Don't worry about his screech attack.I'm not sure if anyone else has discovered this but I'm putting this out there in the hopes of helping others. I've seen guides about using cold mods on melee weapons etc. but this method is far easier.

16 answers to this question

Just now, Skycook3y said:

Thing is that Phorid is incredibly easy anyway because he's just a bigger charger with two abilities. 

Yeah I realise this but I was just putting this out there for people who might have trouble beating him.

6 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

And ironically, he can one shoot any frame with its homing quills. 

That's Juggernaut, not Phorid.

Wiki says Phorid has Psychic Bolts. Guess I never really noticed them though.

Edited by Maicael

25 minutes ago, Sh4dowWalker96 said:

... people have trouble killing Phorid? Just stab him, he's an Infested which are notorious for being weak to both Heat and Slash.

Some people do I suppose, I've seen lots of solo guides for said people. Again, this is just for people having trouble and I also wanted to get this out there because i don't think many people know about this "exploit" if you will.

3 hours ago, Sh4dowWalker96 said:

he's an Infested which are notorious for being weak to both Heat and Slash

Actually, nope :P

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Phorid

He has Ferrite Armor which is strong against Slash,
plus "Infested Sinew" which means he, unlike all other Infested, takes bonus damage from Radiation / Cold / Puncture.
He takes regular damage from Heat (and significantly reduced damage from Blast).

10 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Actually, nope :P

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Phorid

He has Ferrite Armor which is strong against Slash,
plus "Infested Sinew" which means he, unlike all other Infested, takes bonus damage from Radiation / Cold / Puncture.
He takes regular damage from Heat (and significantly reduced damage from Blast).

Huh. I actually did not know that. My weapons still rip him to shreds, so I had assumed his weaknesses were the same. That's my bad.

I just shoot him with one shot from Artemis bow... >.>

Point is, Phorid isn't that strong, and using movement to stay alive in Warframe isn't an exploit, it's intended gameplay.

Edited by Gelkor

14 hours ago, Gelkor said:

I just shoot him with one shot from Artemis bow... >.>

Point is, Phorid isn't that strong, and using movement to stay alive in Warframe isn't an exploit, it's intended gameplay.

Walking around in a circle so he can't physically hit you wasn't intended I'm fairly certain, but I do see where you're coming from.

13 minutes ago, jakk2000 said:

Walking around in a circle so he can't physically hit you wasn't intended I'm fairly certain, but I do see where you're coming from.

Debatable, but in the end, walking a circle around him is honestly harder than bullet jumping over him and aimgliding past while spraying bullets, and also less cool. =P