The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If DE Made A Frame Obtainable Through PvP. Would That Stir A Problem?

(XBOX)TheMadCash

1 minute ago, Ognj said:

What if: DE releases Umbra frames as a Conclave obtainable frames and makes them lore-wise to be anti tenno warframes so that you have to play PvP in order to get them?

Oh god...

;-;

3 minutes ago, Ognj said:

What if: DE releases Umbra frames as a Conclave obtainable frames and makes them lore-wise to be anti tenno warframes so that you have to play PvP in order to get them?

Oh god...

Umbra least obtained and used frame confirmed t_t

Also requires 150 Nitain per part, ensuring its never made. EVER.

Coming from someone who has their problems with Conclave, and the mechanics presented, I still think this is a pretty good idea. Part of that is certainly my opinion that Warframe PvP is fundamentally fun. It is broken as S#&$, buggy as hell, and p2p hosting is awful, but fundamentally, the idea is barrels of laughs. Conclave saw a huge boom in players when skins got released, and an exclusive frame would cement a continued active player base for it. 

Should it be drop by win? Naw, that would suck for a lot of people. The best approach would be something like the BP can be bought from Tesshin fairly low on the ladder, and parts drop as uncommon rewards. 

As much as some people would hate it, I think it would do some good for the conclave community. For every person who is just grinding for their standing for cosmetics now, I have met two who are trying to "git gud" as well. This only highlights content THAT IS ALREADY A PART OF THE GAME. It is not some seperate, ephemeral thing. It is a piece of the game that is vastly underplayed. 

flying_spider-640x336.jpg

"Oh Hey, what if there were flying spiders?"

I would suggest we stop asking these types of questions. Don't put that out there in the universe man, just don't. 

Edited by Pyus

4 hours ago, Larsurus said:

One word: yes

45 minutes ago, Momaw said:

Archwing is a game mode.

PVP is a different game entirely.

I'm more inclined to agree with the argument LordOfScrugging made that there are quest/story tie ins for archwing that makes it part of the main game.

What you're suggesting makes no sense to me. The weapons and frames you have from the core game are usable in PvP even if they aren't all available yet, and it uses the same movement system.

The only thing that transfers from core game to archwing are the auras. You warframe, the thing the game is named after, doesn't actually matter in archwing.

PvP is a game mode.

Archwing is a different game entirely.

4 minutes ago, -KyloRen- said:

giphy.gif

dont give them more brilliant ideas

But giving DE ideas is the best.
I just hope that I won't see something that I said actually to be true, but I love the reactions from people when someone gives a really "cool" idea to DE.

I really don't see what the problem would be ?

A frame is tied to PvP ? So what either you participate or you don't. 

So what if they decided to tie a weapon or frame to only attainable via Clan Only Raids ?

I have never played a game where every item was only available via one path of the game. (PvE only).

I dont have a problem with PvP players being able to obtain frames just through PvP

And if its a PvP only frame then I dont really care what happens to it. (Or PvP for that matter.) So long as they stay seperate.

Having said that, if its a general purpose frame then it should be available in PvE as well.

there's a lot of worry among the community of pvp bleeding over too far into pve and those new conclave skins are still raising eyebrows. personally I don't like the skins locked behind pvp, but they're simply cosmetic; hell the celestia syandana (conclave only one, requiring daily conclave challenges for full visuals) is still being salted . The second something truly game changing like a new warframe, weapon or a good mod is locked behind pvp all hell is going to break loose

the two game modes need to stay separate as much as possible, a mini game should not have game changing effects and items for the main game otherwise you're just gonna burn the pve people out; the pve people being the vast majority of warframe, rather than the few hundred or so who play conclave regularly

its just a bad idea all around

6 hours ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

-Quests

-Bosses

-Time Limited Bosses (Nyx parts)

-Sorties

-Quests

-Alerts

-Spies

-Eximus Units

-Clan

Don't forget Archwing. (Atlas)

While it isn't routinely polished, I find the current build of this game type quite exaggeratedly unfriendly to play in. Since it requires you to make an entire genre build from scratch that does not effectively connect or benefit directly to mainstream gameplay as it should.

In a gameplay that isn't even intended for, I'll likely ignore it or be forced to earn negatively since it is behind something that I really don't like to play in.

1 hour ago, FoxyKabam said:

there's a lot of worry among the community of pvp bleeding over too far into pve and those new conclave skins are still raising eyebrows. personally I don't like the skins locked behind pvp, but they're simply cosmetic; hell the celestia syandana (conclave only one, requiring daily conclave challenges for full visuals) is still being salted . The second something truly game changing like a new warframe, weapon or a good mod is locked behind pvp all hell is going to break loose

the two game modes need to stay separate as much as possible, a mini game should not have game changing effects and items for the main game otherwise you're just gonna burn the pve people out; the pve people being the vast majority of warframe, rather than the few hundred or so who play conclave regularly

its just a bad idea all around

Conclave is a blight on this game. It is a foulness, an execrable plague, a baleful parasite.

Skins and other cosmetics being locked inside PvP is bad enough; having to endure that awful mess to access actual content would be absolutely out of the question.

I can point you to a Clan of Veteran players (27 of us with 11k hours collectively, with about 5 members having about half of it) that would quit Warframe if something along these lines were to happen.

The response was bad enough when DE started forcing people to do Archwing for stuff (like a Frame). It was honestly some of the harshest feedback I've seen that DE didn't do anything about. PvP is on a whole other level. On top of PvP being very unstable and incomplete, it's just not what Warframe is about. Sure, it can be enjoyed, but I would bet at least 100 dollars (USD) that about 80% of the playerbase doesn't touch it. Forcing an entire new Frame behind it would be (and I don't use this word often) stupid.

Now, I think there should be more incentive to play Conclave (notice I said incentive and not something along the lines of "things that force you to play conclave"). Maybe allow frame parts to drop there or maybe extra resources. That would not hurt anyone. Locking an entire frame behind it, though? Sorry, but that's like saying "We know that most of you don't like PvP, but we're going to go ahead and force you to either play it or pay up".