Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I love the redeemer, and you probably should to

Joecap111

Question

So, the redeemer. I don't see it a lot (only once or twice in the past month), but it seemed unique with it's built in shotgun shenanigans and strange crafting recipe, not to mention it's Tenno-made, something that I really like in most of my guns. So I made it. And I loved it. It's more flexible than any other melee, the charge shot feels, looks, and sounds great, and high noon (while hard to get) is a great stance that manages to be both insanely useful and undeniably sexy at the same time. This thing CC's like a jat kitty, snipes better than a orthos prime, and hits harder than war with the right mods. And to top it all off, the finisher animation is fast, high damage, and sexy as hell. GO MAKE THIS GUN. You won't regret it.

tl;dr-the redeemer is really cool. Get it.

Edited by Joecap111
Grammars

6 minutes ago, Deruser said:

Until they fix the charge attack weirdness, it is very hard for me to use it. I really hope they just let us rebind the charge attack.

This can be a problem. If you can get it right, you can shoot pretty fast. There was a good video l that I saw detailing this, but I don't remember the name of it. Just try shooting a lot to get a feel for it. Using spoiled strike can help you analyze the animation cycle better.  On the other hand, volt/valk can probably boost the speed for some rapid-fire madness. Need to try this.

Redeemer

Melee-Only Mission / Rank-Up Test

:3

*pulls out Redeemer from across the map (Primed Reach) and shoots ERRYBODY from safe distance for (generally) insta-kills*

Bless this weapon. But yes, a second melee gun would be appreciated. Variety in design and mayhaps slightly different mechanics. We got 5 glaives, after all.

I wouldn't mind have some (dual) punching glove(s) that allow you to charge up a powerful projectile that has innate punch-through or massive ragdoll+knockback effect.

41 minutes ago, Synpai said:

Love the Redeemer but the Glaive Prime kinda filled its spot: better damage and attack speed; range suffers, but of my own desire to throw it like a madman.

Minus the part where the Glaives have the tendency to severely damage/kill you if you attempt to hit someone within 8 meter distance. Or being silly enough to not equip a maxed Quick Return with your Power Throw. Those extra bounces are lethal.

Edited by ScorpDK

5 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

In terms of Gungloves, I think you can mimic the effect with Staticor and a Fist/Sparring weapon.

But I do want a GunScythe.

latest?cb=20140622181838

That is crazy. It will never happen. But it's fun to dream about it, so okay, let's do it then! I want a sword similar to the Galatine, but with a gun. First I thought about a really BIG single fire cannon-style gun, but that's apparently gonna be the GunScythe. Fair enough. Therefore, make it a fast-firing, large caliber MG. Maybe even a multi-barreled auto-cannon, that keeps firing, while you do the spin attack of Cleaving Whirlwind.

I dont like mechanics.  Lack of reload and ammo consumption are huge drawbacks for me (never liked "infinite" weapons that completely lack even "fantasy sence")

Also its combos look really awkward with all those unnecessary jumps and shooting... 

I would love it if it had normal melee combos (no shooting involved), but when channeled, each swing is followed by shot (That means 2 hits for 1, one physical and one explosive), turning Redeemer in a super strong "Channeling" weapon.  Channeled attacks should also be slower (compensated by high damage and 2 hits)

Unchanneled charge attack would be melee, while channeled one is a shot.