Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat Outrage/Concern

-CM-Snowman

DV0fteK.png?1

Okay, So this has upset me. If what these people are saying is true, why? It makes no sense to me on how this will work out.

First let's start with the slight lore I'm able to find about these Kavat's

Spoiler

"Kavats normally live in Infested areas and feed on the Infestation. Wild Kavats are naturally invisible.... --  Due to their anti-Infested potential, the Grineer have domesticated Kavats for use in clearing out the Infestation from their ships. Kavat handlers, known as Hyekka Masters, are equipped with advanced sensors to detect Kavats.." ~http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Kavat

Okay, off of that knowledge, why is it that we will be "inject[ing] a kubrow egg" with some serum or poison to turn it into a Kavat? Grineer are the ones who are able to domesticate this species, their not messing with the genetics of a Kubrow to transform it into a Hyekka, they are going into the Orokin Derelict, capturing, and then doing what ever it is they do to make it submissive to their orders. Now, if the Grineer are doing this extreme measure to get these, instead of just experimenting on Kubrows/Drahks until they get a Hyekka, why will we be doing something to a Kubrow egg? The Grineer are taking adult (or what I presume is an adult) Kavat, meaning there is a baby Kavat of some type (be it an egg and they just stay at the size or if they mature from egg to "kitten" to adult).

Is this a lack of lore background for the Kavat's or just a rumor running through an alliance? I want- need to know this soon. I won't blow off a Kavat because it requires two things instead of just an egg, but I will be upset at the lore build behind this. Kavat aren't even alone when you find them, usually they are found in groups of two to four (~http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Feral_Kavat) which would make this species a pack instead of a strays that just roam around, which would make it believable that they don't have a nest or hive to use as a home, but this is a pack species and as such they'd have a nest or hive where they'd raise young and sleep (if they do sleep) safely.

I'm wanting there to be more to Kavat breeding (or taming) than injecting a Kubrow or Kubrow egg with a needle containing a serum of infested spore concentration.

Silently waiting,                

CrimsonSnowman

Well, it would be nice to be able to raid Grineer Labs that have what's needed so we can leave the wild ones alone.

They do have Hyekkas after all, and I hope the Grineer are not simply raiding wild Kavats, as we are currently stuck with for Kubrow, to gain their Hyekkas.

And as far as I understand it Drahk are modified Feral Kubrows, so if the Grineer have Drahk eggs, I figure that the Incubator we have for Ancient Kubrows can handle those, as I hope that if we get to breed Kavats, that we could do the same from Hyekka genetics (or even eggs if we have to).

I think I'm beginning to see a very disturbing pattern among Grinic war animals. It almost seems like, in order to maximize cloning efficiency, they splice human D.N.A. into the baseline animal rather then work with what the animal already has. If these creatures also serve as, say, livestock. . . .that means the Grineer essentially consume large amounts of chimeric human tissue on a constant basis. Geezus, no wonder so many are degrading, the Grins might be having mass pandemics of Kuru if the berserker freaks are anything to go by.

12 minutes ago, Spot. said:

Here's a better question.

How do grineer turn this:

2000?cb=20150603221126

Into this?

GrineerModifiedCatbrowSketch.jpg

The best guess is that they took their DNA and cloned their own. Much like how we will scan one and injects its DNA into an egg.

Well, how did the grineer take the furry kurbow, and turn in into a mini rhino?

Edited by spacerocks

"Soylent Grin is made from man meat of the highest quality! Order now and receive the new "grow-your-own" meat synthesizer. Just chop off the limb of your choice, place it in the machine, and enjoy your favorite meat portion grown daily in a special gravy-flavored in-vitro vat. Order today!" On a side note, oh gawd. . . I really hope the Grins don't try domesticating skates. . .eugh, a big flat disk that looks like someone tore a chunk off a sumo wrestler and stitched pig eyes in it and a man's lower vertebra into the rear end..

Edited by Unus

Spoiler
23 minutes ago, Spot. said:

Here's a better question.

How do grineer turn this:

2000?cb=20150603221126

Into this?

GrineerModifiedCatbrowSketch.jpg

The best guess is that they took their DNA and cloned their own. Much like how we will scan one and injects its DNA into an egg.

Why is the Kavat inside out, who did this. Why would anyone do this to the beutifull and friendly Kavats. WHY?

13 minutes ago, spacerocks said:

Well, how did the grineer take the furry kurbow, and turn in into a mini rhino?

They probably cloned them as well, and modified them to what we see now. Considering that Grineer cloning technology isn't the most high tech, and meant for the most quickest (and grosses) way of making clones, it leaves them in not the prettiest state, giving them genetic disorders that separate them from their original counterpart.

1 minute ago, Hellmaker2004 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Why is the Kavat inside out, who did this. Why would anyone do this to the beutifull and friendly Kavats. WHY?

I blame this guy > latest?cb=20150625220305

They weren't lying that was the plan stated in a devstream but that was a while ago so the plan might have changed.

On the topic of it not making sense the way I look at it it makes complete sense because the kubrow egg is basically a surrogate and whatever we are doing simple overwrites its base genetics to inplant a desired a trait.

59 minutes ago, CrimsonSnowman said:

Okay, So this has upset me. If what these people are saying is true, why? It makes no sense to me on how this will work out.

I made a thread a long while ago when kavats were first announced that had a very complex set of steps to create a kavat.  As I too found the injecting into a kubrow egg quite simplistic and boring.

59 minutes ago, CrimsonSnowman said:

Grineer are the ones who are able to domesticate this species, their not messing with the genetics

This, however, would be a big understatement.  Grineer are all about cloning, even if the first kavat they attained was a feral one, they would most definitely extra its dna and use it to breed their own version.  This is obvious by how radically different a hyekka looks compared to the feral ones.

Consider how difficult it would be to tame a single kavat, let alone hundreds or thousands.  Far simpler to clone one, genetically modify it and train the clones.

Edited by Xekrin

10 minutes ago, 11thCommandment said:

Kavats were discussed in the 58th devstream- check out AM-Bunny's overview for the details current at the time-

Yeah, that's what I thought I remembered. The last word I know of has been that Kavats are hatched using Kubrow eggs, which I find incredibly stupid.

you're realy asking for the science behind this?

Ever go to Venus in this game and compare it to real life Venus?

Hint: There's not much ice there.

The Orokin did things to nature we don't even have words for, screwing around with an unhatched animal to get another animal thats still a (mostly) quadrapedal mammal is far below the list of problems.

It was an earlier statement from the devs as to how we get our genocide kitties.

They may have changed that bit, though. No further mention and it would be just some weird juju going on. Then again, Warframe IS compatible with some of the more out there sci-fi concepts.

honestly, it doesn't bother me that much, but I'm more of a dog person anyway. I would have thought that while getting a Kavat Egg may be a different affair to that of a Kubrow, the results should be the same: you get an egg, it hatches into a Kavat Kitten, then becomes a full grown Kavat. it would make sense to implement this method since it's already there with Kubrows.