Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal Prime post-18.10.4 Feedback

OniDax

it's a bit better than it was before this Hotfix if you ask me. but like most things will look pretty meh because you just can't show this much detail with this few Tint Channels.
too many things have to be merged together.

which as ever, biting the bullet and re writing the way colors are handled to support more Tint Channels... sooner rather than later is the best option. the task only grows in size the longer nothing is done. and the problems only continue to stack up more and more.

1 hour ago, Gelkor said:

Got pics?

bNBnoB6.png

https://gfycat.com/BoringConfusedDipper

Edited by taiiat

I'm also really disappointed, I liked my simplistic white + blue combination but now the middle helmet and horn is colored along with the stripes which ruins it for me :(

Not sure how the whole Tinting process works but wouldn't it work if they gave out warframe skins that revert to the older tinting channels?

2 minutes ago, DE_Kary said:

Will revert that in the mask order change in the morning and keep the higher res tints.

Wait after all that are we losing the ability to color the horn again? I have had it colored for the last 3 years.

Seriously is there anyway we can just get the option to have two different color layouts 

It seems that 50% of the people with this frame will be upset either way unless we can just select the color we choose.

26 minutes ago, Ebohcalyps3 said:

Wait after all that are we losing the ability to color the horn again? I have had it colored for the last 3 years.

Seriously is there anyway we can just get the option to have two different color layouts 

It seems that 50% of the people with this frame will be upset either way unless we can just select the color we choose.

Someone had a good idea to have a tintable or not tintable button for tinting the metal. I think that'd solve all the problems in this thread:

While we're on the subject of Excalibur Prime (And I vote for separate lines and horn-stripe colouring), I'd like to ask: What causes this?

9z5iyPd.png

... and why is it so prevalent on the old Immortal skins? Ember's skin has it in spades, and it's only been very recently that Nova's Immortal skin was fixed.

3 hours ago, DE_Kary said:

Will revert that in the mask order change in the morning and keep the higher res tints.

Is there no way to do two Excal Prime skins?  I remember there was a leaked "Alabaster" skin which the original option A is reminiscent of. Could there simply be two Excalibur Prime Skins, one with the shoulders and face locked to Color 1 and one with the shoulders and face locked to color 2?

We're all so evenly split down the middle.

Edited by Gelkor

10 hours ago, DE_Kary said:

Please let the horn colorable.I voted for A but only because i hated always the colorable shoulders.Problem was there wasnt an option for A with colorable horn.

9 hours ago, Gelkor said:

Is there no way to do two Excal Prime skins?  I remember there was a leaked "Alabaster" skin which the original option A is reminiscent of. Could there simply be two Excalibur Prime Skins, one with the shoulders and face locked to Color 1 and one with the shoulders and face locked to color 2?

We're all so evenly split down the middle.

It'd be nice if they could just do two skins.

13 hours ago, LoopStricken said:

While we're on the subject of Excalibur Prime (And I vote for separate lines and horn-stripe colouring), I'd like to ask: What causes this?

Hide contents

9z5iyPd.png

... and why is it so prevalent on the old Immortal skins? Ember's skin has it in spades, and it's only been very recently that Nova's Immortal skin was fixed.

There are several different reasons.

1) Thin lines are the worst offender:

KijPQDH.png

You can see the stray bits of green in the top issue that can make for lots of compression problems.

2)  Not screening colours on top of each other correctly:

sCHTt9g.png

So that wobbly looking of Red + Blue in the upper left is actually better than the image on the right.  Some of this older content is handled a bit differently and I got a bit lost in the different techniques + volume of things I was touching.  

3)  Straight ahead compression settings.  Most bitmaps are saved "perceptually" (1 more bit for green then blue) which makes sense for most content (as the human eye is better at seeing green than blue), but not for tintmasks which are just a function of 4 black and white masks in the different channels in an image.

15 hours ago, Ebohcalyps3 said:

Well given the tons of the thread can give it a shot in the blue channel and see how that goes.

6 minutes ago, DE_Kary said:

Well given the tons of the thread can give it a shot in the blue channel and see how that goes.

Still going to look gray again.

The fun thing is: I didn't really mind which option won as we would have kept the default intact. Now the helmet, which is the only thing I would never dare see change on Excalibur Prime if he had to ever be reworked, is getting the shaft.

We should truly reconsider the whole thing perhaps. And here I thought that sicne Excalibur used just 2 colors he would be the easiest thing to convert ever. Ironic, isn't it? :P

52 minutes ago, DE_Kary said:

There are several different reasons.

1) Thin lines are the worst offender:

KijPQDH.png

You can see the stray bits of green in the top issue that can make for lots of compression problems.

2)  Not screening colours on top of each other correctly:

sCHTt9g.png

So that wobbly looking of Red + Blue in the upper left is actually better than the image on the right.  Some of this older content is handled a bit differently and I got a bit lost in the different techniques + volume of things I was touching.  

3)  Straight ahead compression settings.  Most bitmaps are saved "perceptually" (1 more bit for green then blue) which makes sense for most content (as the human eye is better at seeing green than blue), but not for tintmasks which are just a function of 4 black and white masks in the different channels in an image.

Eh, I think it'd be best to just revert it. I think that's in keeping with how he originally looked. But, IF you want the horn colorable, I'd suggest making that, and the shoulders, colorable, and putting it in with the blue channel (so, same color as the back/butt part). IMO that's the only way it can work. I'd even be ok if the shoulders were colorable (again, same channel as the back/butt) and not the horn. But, either way, blue channel is definitely the way to go if you're gonna do that.

And one more thing. Could you remove the heavy line behind one of the stripes on the helmet? It's currently a part of the blue channel, but it just looks weird.

50 minutes ago, DE_Kary said:

This just means if people want to keep the horn white like it used to be we have to lose the stripes on the helmet and the grey on the joints (makeing them white).  At this junction we may as well just go with the "B" option we had, as long as the people who do want a colored horn don't mind colored shoulders. I'm sorry to be so picky, you're doing awesome work, it just seems like an almost intractable compromise. 

Ah well, either way, we'll all adapt and recolor something. XD

DE removed our lovely Excalibur Prime Gold lines on the legs...

THAT was not okay..!

We need a gold update / rework...

We lost more primey feeling...

Or they should give us this option:

If we use Excalibur Prime with Umbras body the gold parts from Excalibur Prime will be added to the body...

And otherwise..:

Just add Umbras gold to Excalibur Primes body

wanna talk about PBR too, Im not Excal p. owner but we'r talking about PBR on prime frames/weapons so.....

59 minutes ago, Nachino said:

I think they should simply add one more color channel for prime stuff only, for their gold.

3q80cV9.jpg?1

Well, i already hate PBR since they first release on Targis P. IMO they should add something like this first then do w/e they want. (or other option that won't ruined my color on prime frames/weapons)

8 minutes ago, Cosmosframe said:
15 hours ago, Gelkor said:

gelkor didn't say this but i don't know what is happening

Edit the answer, destroy the quote box after clicking on it using the Delete button.

Then write your answer. Then, press enter at the very beginning and hit quote while the cursor is at the top. Should help.

DE have their hands so full already.Was going to ask for something stupid. I'm one of the guys that asked for the head stripe,not asking for it anymore.I'm good

Thank you for pbr and metal tinting guys <3

Edited by Cosmosframe
edit