Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

corrosive projection why is it forced on other people?

GrimAtrament

Just now, h41pa said:

cp make all enemies more ez!

ok try to do ODD 100 waves and you gonna see why you need 4 cp in your team!

how does it make every enemy easy if the enemy does not have armor in the first place? e.g corpus crewmen

2 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

how does it make every enemy easy if the enemy does not have armor in the first place? e.g corpus crewmen

you play only vs corpus ? 

cp aura is verry good i forma all frames for cp aura , except Exc , Valkyr and Ash !

Edited by h41pa

5 minutes ago, -CM-Hekovashi said:

Do you always run with mr21 with tonkors or something? I don't, sometimes i play with newbies, who can't pull out millions of damage, but guess what? Cp will boost their damage too, so time where they gonna actually kill stuff is prolonged, so we can stay for longer. As i said-imma mostly solo player, yet even i understand that thing that help whole squad->thing that helps only you.

cp does not damage boost it reduces armor IF they have armor

thats like saying Night equinox buffs ailies resistances when shes  reducing enemies damage 

2 minutes ago, h41pa said:

you play only vs corpus ? 

cp aura is verry good i forma all frames for cp aura , except Exc , Valkyr and Ash !

no but you said every enemy

also i feel like modding every frame to have a dash polarity aura going to bite you later when de changes how stuff work again

Edited by hazerddex

Just now, hazerddex said:

nnow your just making things up

umm cp does not damage boost it reduces armor IF they have armor

thats like saying Night equinox buffs ailies resistances when shes  reducing enemies damage 

Less armor-more damage received, yea.Try to kill 200 lvl bombard with no cp and with 4cp, in which case he gonna die faster? Oh don't tell me, i kinda have a guess...in second case?

2 hours ago, hazerddex said:

what i said is i dont want to waste the entire time formaing a perfectly good V polarity just to put a dash on chroma just to have to forma it back to V again later. is that selfish? especially when there are new slots for mods like co action drift? how is asking people to use that any more selfish than asking some one to forma there aura slot? because you want them to have CP

You don't need to put Naramon into aura, you can remove the polarity altogether and put extra few to your mod slots to be able to use any aura with equal efficiency.

1 minute ago, -CM-Hekovashi said:

Do you always run with mr21 with tonkors or something? I don't, sometimes i play with newbies, who can't pull out million of damage, but guess what? Cp will boost their damage too, so time where they gonna actually kill stuff is prolonged, so we can stay for longer. As i said-imma mostly solo player, yet even i understand that thing that help whole squad->thing that helps only you.

Never xD I'm Mr. 19 myself. Still need to use the Tonkor ._. But like I mentioned, I play Ash Prime (well, Inaros lately). And I can say I NEVER use Corrosive Projection. Ever. I've never needed it to do good. However, I have started using Veykor Hek as of late.

2 minutes ago, PickleMonster21 said:

Never xD I'm Mr. 19 myself. Still need to use the Tonkor ._. But like I mentioned, I play Ash Prime (well, Inaros lately). And I can say I NEVER use Corrosive Projection. Ever. I've never needed it to do good. However, I have started using Veykor Hek as of late.

It Is not that CP is about being good or not, You can play perfectly without. but in this case it is all about what aura has the most benefit.

6 minutes ago, Bouldershoulder said:

You don't need to put Naramon into aura, you can remove the polarity altogether and put extra few to your mod slots to be able to use any aura with equal efficiency.

or i could just go and put co-active drift on instead 

5 minutes ago, PickleMonster21 said:

iv never needed the tonkor i usualy do fine with veykor hek, Grinlock, opticor, dex sybris, nikana prime, jatt, ack and brunt, staticor, and recently sancti tigris,  twin baslok 

Edited by hazerddex

2 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

iv never needed the tonkor i usualy do fine with veykor hek, Grinlock, opticor, dex sybris, nikana prime,jatt, ack and brunt, staticor, and recently sancti tigris,  twin baslok 

Mostly high end weapons on a Chroma no less, again if you really don't wanna do anything, then don't. But don't try and argue with Chroma and high end weapons and say that CP doesn't make sense when every faction has a high priority armored target.

3 minutes ago, Thebel said:

Mostly high end weapons on a Chroma no less, again if you really don't wanna do anything, then don't. But don't try and argue with Chroma and high end weapons and say that CP doesn't make sense when every faction has a high priority armored target.

who said i use those on chroma? well i guess you did i was just listing some weapons i use i also use the panthera and dragoon 

also cobas and nulifier are hp based

Edited by hazerddex

11 minutes ago, hazerddex said:

You've been answered already that coaction drift only affects your own aura, which means if you use steel charge, it affects only your steel charge.

Edited by Bouldershoulder

Just now, hazerddex said:

who said i use those on chroma? i was just listing some weapons i use i also use the panthera and dragoon 

also cobas and nulifier are hp based

Never said either Coba or Nullies, should be obvious which corpus unit is armored and a high priority target.

I would support allowing the change of Forma polarities, simply because you can forma a weapon 6 or more times, then they release a new mod with a different polarity or even nerf existing mods. What kind of chaos will happen to all our builds when they finally nerf multishot mods like they keep suggesting?

It going to get salty if everyone is left with useless slots they need to change polarities on..

I kind of agree with their philosophy that there should be a price to pay for formaing weapons, and that it shouldnt be taken lightly - but it forces people to stick with certain mods and not change their builds around what missions they are doing. All I can say is thank god most 90 percent elemental mods are dash so I can just switch them for factions.

I need to ask you OP. Which mod is more effective? The Steel Charge that only buffs melee damage or the Corrosive Projection which indirectly buffs and makes all weapons  and abilities  twice as effective than a melee damage buff.

The thing with CP is that it indirectly does what Steel Charge does. Sure it doesn't make melee weapon directly stronger in high levels but it certainly does make things a lot weaker and easier to kill. 

If we were to have a full squad of CP vs a full squad of Steel charge CP would always win. Why? because in order to effectively use Steel charge you would need to use melee only. With CP you can use melee, bullets and abilities and you'd get all the benefits. 

There are also many abilities that buff player damage, M Prime, Roar, Chroma, Sonar but as of now no ability whatsoever effectively removes armor just as well as Corrosive Projection. We have Nekros but that's not all armor and it's in a small range. We also have Trinity's Abating Link augment but that's limited to 3 enemies at a time. 

In the long run CP will always be better than Steel charge/Rifle Amp.

What a war about a meta you won't need before level 200 ennemies

People who asks you to bring a CP in a starchart mission are lazy or informed by a lazy guy. The game is uber wide, just don't restrict the way you wan't to play because lot of people want you to bring CP or because they say limbo is bad :3

3 hours ago, Oggyswe said:

maybe the games scaling need to be reworked and Corrosive projection needs a rework aswell so its more balanced and lets you chose more freely without feeling forced to use it?

I think this is the real issue here. CP is a badly designed aura. I think the scaling should be reworked and CP should cap out at 50%. This way we still need armor stripping abilities. 

CP should feel like a choice.

6 hours ago, PickleMonster21 said:

Why should OP have to sacrifice a slot just because others don't understand his Playstyle, and can't adapt to something that's not meta?

Anyway, I can't say I've ever had a problem with people telling me to use Corrosive Projection, and honestly, if I ever do, I'd tell them to adapt or leave. I play how I want and like. If you don't like that or can't understand that, you may as well ask me to use RJ Excal. I play well with the way I mod. And if you need to ask a player to change an Aura mod, maybe the person just needs to get good.
For example, on Ash Prime, I found I can't play him without Rejuvination (and even Enemy Sense (the personal mod one)). Now I know it doesn't offer 0.8% energy per second, or strip a little Armor or Shields from enemies, but that's just my Playstyle. My Ash isn't afraid to take a hit, because I don't Blade Storm every single god damn enemy I see, but when he does take a few devastating hits, I find Rejuvination to add a LOT more Survivability to him. And then people who agree with everyone using Corrosive Projection and nothing else be like "Why don't you just use Health Pads?" Because I don't want to. Same reason why I RARELY use Energy Pads. They aren't a Quality of Life thing for me. It's a luxury thing. I ALWAYS have 100 of every Pad stocked up and ready to use, so don't call me tight for not wanting to use Resources, I could easily build up to 5,000 of each with no worries. But again, it all comes down to playstyle.

So if you wanna use Sniper Scavenger, Enemy Sense, Shield Disruption, Corrosive Projection or even Sprint Boost, go right ahead. Don't let anyone tell you what Aura to use. Use what suits you and don't settle for anything less.

How dare people try to coordinate with me, ME!?!?!? I know how I play and I play best THAT way! In fact, EVERYONE should just play for funsies and screw efficiency! I know we came here to farm for X drops, but screw it, we can all play nezha and volt and it will go FINE if that's just how you play!! Sorties? HA, everyone bring whatever, it's not like it matters!

But seriously being inflexible and selfish isn't nice. I build with what I like, but if I'm asked "hey, can you put on CP?" or "could you swap your EV to a Bless?" then I say "Sure, but it's not the best" (Thought thats just coz I'm not that good in the first place) instead of being indignant that they DARED to ask me to coordinate with the team

Just play what you want and ignore what others play.

If your playstyles are vastly different, then don't join up. Much less grief that way.

It's really futile to convince anyone to play your way.

Edited by Currilicious