Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DO NOT allow new players into sorties!

Tenno29543

Look, i am not trying to be mean against new players but I have seen this happen enough to suggest this.

I have seen rank 7s and 8s going in sorties with not even fully leveled gear, not only that but they do NOTHING to help the team and they're basically a leech if not a burden on the team based on my own experiences. There should be higher rank restrictions then rank 4 to join the sorties.

First of all, yes, all warframes don't have rank lock but weapons does, especially the good ones. Like the soma prime and the tonkor. yes, you can say that you don't need "broken" weapons to do sorties but do you really think that a rank 4 would have maxed out the important mods? like blind rage, overextend and serration? No, i don't think so.

So why are we letting rank 4s in sorties? this doesn't make any sense! Yes, there are some rank 4s with OP mods and such but do you think they're often seen in the community?

So my point is, make sorties have a rank restriction of at least rank 12. Why? because by then, all weapons will be unlocked and more then likely they will have good mods and have formaed their weapons and warframes to be helpful in sorties.

Sorties are considered as endgame content, not a walk in the park or a joke that a new player or a player that is not properly equipped to do.

EDIT: I'd like to point out a few arguments that people have against banning low lvls from sorties.

1. THEY NEED TO LEARN.

Yes, that is very true but why in a lvl 100 mission? you learn to walk before you run as a baby right? same thing.In other words, learn in low lvl missions first.

2. Discrimination!!

Look, majority of the low lvls don't know what they're doing in a sortie or CAN NOT do anything to help, they are not yet ready. Though ti be fair, a test should be made to find out the capableilty of the player. For now, the MR is the only quick way to tell if a player is capeable

Edited by BigBlackCook

3 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

Meh. If you don't want pugs, don't pug.

Listen, it's not about me, it's about how players of low ranks shouldn't participate in sorties due to their inability to handle endgame content.

This has come up before, and the answers are generally; go solo/friends only/clan only; not all new players are that bad and don't go PuG if you aren't willing to carry.

Personally, I'm gonna read like a broken record here but, make Public Sortie Lobbies MR8 or 10 required and Private Lobbies stay at MR4.

Why?  Because there are talented and well equipped low MR players that should not be punished for the actions of others.  Having a split requirement means low MR's can still play in private lobbies while the higher MR players and go PuG and far fewer people can complain. 

3 hours ago, Noamuth said:

This has come up before, and the answers are generally; go solo/friends only/clan only; not all new players are that bad and don't go PuG if you aren't willing to carry.

Personally, I'm gonna read like a broken record here but, make Public Sortie Lobbies MR8 or 10 required and Private Lobbies stay at MR4.

Why?  Because there are talented and well equipped low MR players that should not be punished for the actions of others.  Having a split requirement means low MR's can still play in private lobbies while the higher MR players and go PuG and far fewer people can complain. 

the problem is, was frame is not about skill as much as about mods and experience.. If the change is set in stone and i am a high rank player, why would i do pirate matches with mr 4s and 5s? i would do pubs and inresult, the new players will be rekted.

Just now, BigBlackCook said:

the problem is, was frame is not about skill as much as about mods and experience.. If the change is set in stone and i am a high rank player, why would i do pirate matches with mr 4s and 5s? i would do pubs and inresult, the new players will be rekted.

No one is saying you have to do private matches with low MR players.  

With the split requirements, you can continue playing Public Sorties and not have to worry about running into a questionably equipped player while the low MR players, that can handle the missions, can continue to enjoy challenging content.

[disclaimer: a bit ranty but well meant]

I agree with this, and not only because of the reasons given, which are good enough on their own but..... 

On of the main "problems" people perceive with this game is the grinding, the repetitive content. But each time DE adds new game-modes they seem to just throw it in. For everyone. "Hey, guys, here's some endgame content, available for everyone". That is just stupid. I see MR4s hitching a ride to Draco. I see MR5s in T4 missions. I had an MR2 shout obscenities at me in a raid. 

Progression should be rewarded with more then extra loadout slots or access to weapons. Let Tenno work to attain a decent rank before you let them loose in higher level content. You're below MR15? Sorry, but sorties is not for you. I don't care how good you are. Work for your rewards. And if playing the game is not enough for you, you sure as hell have nothing to do in higher level content. And if you want "the thing" before you mastered the game? Buy it!

This whole low-entry-to-content has been spoiling the game for ages now and, like I already said, it's stupid. Look DE, I can see you want to be the nice guys, and this works to a certain extend. But at a certain point being "the nice guy" just isn't going to work. 
I know of several sub 10 MR tenno who haven't even seen a quarter of the game because someone taxied them to Draco and triton and they think it's the whole game. They think they are done. Then come to the forums with all kinds of demands about how the game is so samey. And shout obscenities to Excalibro Prime owners in raids(really, that guy, pissed me right off).

Having low MR tenno in what should be high level content is about as annoying as having 9 year old kids spoiling call of duty. I'm sorry (*) but you have no place there. You haven't Mastered the game so you have no idea about Warframe and weapon synergy. 

[/rant]

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed insulting remarks

I partly disagree with this whole thread. I have been playing sorties since probably MR 6, and while I was undoubtedly carried through some of them in the beginning, I made it a point to bring only my best gear at the time.I do absolutely think that players should NOT be able to join a sortie with any starter weapons. However, with a few exceptions, if you cannot handle a MR 8 or below player running around on most* of the first 2 sortie missions like a headless chicken, maybe you are the one who isn't good enough. If they die, you do not NEED to revive them. Is it nice of you? Yes. Is it necessary? No. I worked my &#! off to collect first every frame that is a near requirement for a specific sortie (Mag, Valkyr, Trinity, Vauban, Loki, Frost), and then every frame in general. Most sorties can be done solo, and nearly every* sortie can be done with 2 coordinated players and 2 noobs. BUT, with all of this said, I do think that the reqs should be bumped up to MR 7 with no starter weapons on your loadout. The people saying that you cannot (and should not be allowed to) do sorties until mastery rank 15 are talking out of their &#!. If you have completed the second dream, you can probably handle sorties after a little (or a lot) of trial and error.

*The exceptions to this are Spy, Excavation, Rescue, and Rad procs, where the player can directly harm you.

And there is always the option of non-public matches.

3 hours ago, CrimsonDalekanium said:

I partly disagree with this whole thread. I have been playing sorties since probably MR 6, and while I was undoubtedly carried through some of them in the beginning, I made it a point to bring only my best gear at the time.I do absolutely think that players should NOT be able to join a sortie with any starter weapons. However, with a few exceptions, if you cannot handle a MR 8 or below player running around on most* of the first 2 sortie missions like a headless chicken, maybe you are the one who isn't good enough. If they die, you do not NEED to revive them. Is it nice of you? Yes. Is it necessary? No. I worked my &#! off to collect first every frame that is a near requirement for a specific sortie (Mag, Valkyr, Trinity, Vauban, Loki, Frost), and then every frame in general. Most sorties can be done solo, and nearly every* sortie can be done with 2 coordinated players and 2 noobs. BUT, with all of this said, I do think that the reqs should be bumped up to MR 7 with no starter weapons on your loadout. The people saying that you cannot (and should not be allowed to) do sorties until mastery rank 15 are talking out of their &#!. If you have completed the second dream, you can probably handle sorties after a little (or a lot) of trial and error.

*The exceptions to this are Spy, Excavation, Rescue, and Rad procs, where the player can directly harm you.

And there is always the option of non-public matches.

Not sure if i am understanding because to me, you're going all over the place. So u said u disagree because you make sure to bring your best gear and a sortie can be done by 2 people and 2 noobs? Look, in pub matches, almost no body is communicating with each other well enough. No voice chats, no typing no nothing for the most.  And if i die or can't handle because some1 is running around like a headless chicken i am not good enough? yeah i am not entitled to carry noobs, i am there to expect a good or at least decent team that knows what they're doing and help do damage or with the objective. It's a co-op game means EVERYONE should pull their own weight and no one should carry. So you were playing sorties when you're rank 6 huh, well that just proves my point even more, it prob took you few more MRs to get all the required mods maxed out and everything because i can bet money that you don't have all the required corrupted and primed mods/normal mods maxed out at MR 6 to say the very least. Like you said, you collected the necessary gear for sorties and again, it proves my point more of how people should get their set ups and mods all gud to go before they go in to end game content and in most cases, a Mr 12 would have better gear, mods and experience than a mr 6 or 8.

Bit mixed on this. i do agree that simply going to this ''endgame conetent'' with so little hours played is gonna make you feel burnt and make you think you did it all in the game. That I agree with, those people shouldn't be allowed. But, i disagree with the high MR requirement. yes, 4 is low. even 6. but i believe 8 is ok. I have plenty of friends who i brought into this game who are skilled enough, know the mechanics that I, the community and the game thought them and can do sorties, perfectly well. They also  have the gear to do so but  they don't feel like leveling additional ''useless'' gear they do not like to achieve higher mastery rank.

Mastery rank should be changed cause we can all assume that higher mastery means you are ''skilled'' well it does not,  i've seen plenty of mastery rank 21's who don't know jack S#&$ or just act dumb and bring their tank rhino or something and care for themselves on a defend the objective mission. or Other high MR players who just grind it. I had 4 occurrence in recent memory of mastery 17+ players who have never done a raid or an hour higher in t4 and you ask what they do they just answer with leveling crap on draco.  And i bet many of you can agree many exist like that.

Currently MR doesn't mean S#&$ past MR 8. So to fix this ''issue'' is hard. its hard to track skill and actual ingame experience. In fact you only need to track the last part (since this game isn't about lots of skill, more about knowledge and good builds) how they gonna do it? i dunno but we cannot complain about X player being bad only by their MR it simply cannot be done. to reach a level where we can judge players by MR DE must change it or atleast the MR tests so it actually means ''hey according to your actions you are worth this much mastery''.  And because this is so hard to track  the MR requirement for many missions is so low , to not stop players from having fun and to not exclude actual good players who just don't have the time to level mr fodder but do have the gear needed  from participating.

Edited by SkarmXD

Tldr: Run private games if you don't have the patience to teach new players. The best way for us to learn, is by watching good players.

As a new player, I'm urged to comment to this that I'm kinda horrified with your views on restricting the access.

I've started playing about... Three weeks ago? Maybe? I'm still feeling a bit newbish having:
done my first trades yesterday, not having any prime weapons,
not having tried conclave yet,
no mods on max ranks (okay, some smaller 3 or 5 rank mods, but no serration/vitality/ele dmg mods etc),
still need to do second dream,
done only 1 archwing quest,
No planets fully explored,
Several planets still completely locked,
Done only 1 nightmare mode alert (Even co-carried it for the rest of the team - still can't believe I did it, it was pretty hectic)
And probably not knowing a lot of stuff I need to know.

I've got 120 hours played - and I'm just about to reach only MR 6, despite having a few different warframes and several weapons acquired already. 120 hours is already quite a lot poured into a single game, when these days good games can last just a few hours, and in general only RPG's or MORPS have enough content for 100+ hours. Nearly everything, I was told, is open for access when you reach MR 6, so I thought I was getting close to a point where I can pretty much pick and choose what I want to do. Of course, I realized a lot of content would still require better gear, but as I understood it, MR would not be a concern so much anymore.

Recently, I experienced my first WF event ever - the Rathuum thing - And it was scary. I had no idea how well I would fare in there.
It was really scary jumping trying this thing for the first time - kinda like my first Void Key Swap - I had no idea what I should expect. How difficult will the enemies be? Will I ruin it for the others if I can't carry my own weight? Am I good enough to actually survive? Will everybody hate me if I suck, and if I do, is it better to stay out of the way, or try my best (and fail miserably)?
Okay, lvl 20 was easy. Lvl 40 wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Lvl 60+ is... Curious - I can, with relative ease, pull my own weight at the beginning, but when the enemies start to be 90+, I can no longer take them on (unless I get them 1-on-1 and get them stunlocked).
The thing that made the event scary? I had _no way of knowing_ what it would be like, before I went ahead and tried it.

Being able to take on lvl 60 enemies makes me believe that I *might* be able to tag along to a lower level sortie mission (with a suitable mode/mission) - But your post made me reconsider. However, a few points in my defense:
Firstly - I had no idea that the sorties are considered "end game content". There was literally no way for me to know this - I thought they were sorta like special events/alerts, just with better rewards and higher levels. How should I know that "this content isn't for me yet"?
Secondly - I'm going to fail first time anyway. It doesn't matter if I go there MR6, or MR16. First time will be a plunge into the deepside anyway - because there will be no prior experience, and no way of knowing what to expect, or what is expected of you!
Thirdly - The sooner I get my first few fails, the sooner I learn the ropes. If I refuse to try it simply because I _believe_ that it's too hard, I'll never know when I'm ready. MR matters very little - credits, and how you've spent them (building new stuff vs upgrading old stuff) matters a lot more - But how do I know when I've got good enough gear to do these? The only way to know, is by trying.

Instead of trying limit us new players from accessing sorties, let us come - We'll fail, and we'll learn. Either we'll postpone it until we can actually deal with it, or we'll sort our gear out to do better. There's no better way of learning. If you're annoyed by newbies ruining your run - Run a private game, not a public one. I'm currently trying to farm Ivara, and sometimes I run Spy missions as private games to avoid newbies ruining the speed run, and sometimes I run public games - With luck, I get a proficient Tenno as a companion that makes my job easier, and if I get unlucky, I get a new Tenno who's going to fail - But even if I they do, at least they'll get a chance to learn, and I can show them how the vaults are done.

I'm still going to try the sorties once I get the dream quests done, Mr 6 or not.

Eh. Mastery does not equate to skill, I've seen plenty of higher ranked players perform absolutely scrubbishly when I've pugged a defense/intercept/excav sortie. I've seen low rank players do well. And the sorties offer good rewards, including things that might make a lower ranked, less resource/core rich player better able to handle future sorties.

4 minutes ago, Tomppak said:

-snip-

This is the kind of player I'm referring to when I talk about good, low MR players being locked out and punished for the actions of others if a high MR lock is slapped on the Sorties.

Having a split Mastery Rank requirement would make it easier for both sides of the issue to be able to continue enjoying content. 

3 hours ago, Tomppak said:

The thing that made the event scary? I had _no way of knowing_ what it would be like, before I went ahead and tried it.

I just want to point out that nobody else knew what to expect before they went into it either. We were all flying by the seat of our pants and just using our best gear to achieve the results we got-- most of it wasn't the player skill that you were thinking it was.

As for the OP: I agree, to an extent. However, as a MR21 who worked my rear end off to achieve it (without Draco until I hit MR18), I can honestly say that forcing players to keep increasing MR to participate in Sorties is a fruitless chore. You know, as well as I do, that a good 90% of the weapons you've tried (and a good portion of the ones you keep around) were worthless, in the grand scheme of things, and did nothing but cement how much better it was to run with the popularized end game weaponry.

MR =/= skill. It = time investment. Yes, logically, if players are actually trying out the weaponry they're ranking they will gain more skill and understanding of the game (which is why I avoided Draco for 18 ranks), but, at the same time, it's not like Warframe is rocket science. The occasional bad player is going to happen and you know, as well as I do, that you're making it sound like it happens to you every single day when it doesn't.

The only reasonable thing to do is to require weaponry to also be rank 30. Maybe also that split idea that Noamuth was suggesting. I could get behind something like that.

9 hours ago, Tomppak said:

Tldr: Run private games if you don't have the patience to teach new players. The best way for us to learn, is by watching good players.

As a new player, I'm urged to comment to this that I'm kinda horrified with your views on restricting the access.

I've started playing about... Three weeks ago? Maybe? I'm still feeling a bit newbish having:
done my first trades yesterday, not having any prime weapons,
not having tried conclave yet,
no mods on max ranks (okay, some smaller 3 or 5 rank mods, but no serration/vitality/ele dmg mods etc),
still need to do second dream,
done only 1 archwing quest,
No planets fully explored,
Several planets still completely locked,
Done only 1 nightmare mode alert (Even co-carried it for the rest of the team - still can't believe I did it, it was pretty hectic)
And probably not knowing a lot of stuff I need to know.

I've got 120 hours played - and I'm just about to reach only MR 6, despite having a few different warframes and several weapons acquired already. 120 hours is already quite a lot poured into a single game, when these days good games can last just a few hours, and in general only RPG's or MORPS have enough content for 100+ hours. Nearly everything, I was told, is open for access when you reach MR 6, so I thought I was getting close to a point where I can pretty much pick and choose what I want to do. Of course, I realized a lot of content would still require better gear, but as I understood it, MR would not be a concern so much anymore.

Recently, I experienced my first WF event ever - the Rathuum thing - And it was scary. I had no idea how well I would fare in there.
It was really scary jumping trying this thing for the first time - kinda like my first Void Key Swap - I had no idea what I should expect. How difficult will the enemies be? Will I ruin it for the others if I can't carry my own weight? Am I good enough to actually survive? Will everybody hate me if I suck, and if I do, is it better to stay out of the way, or try my best (and fail miserably)?
Okay, lvl 20 was easy. Lvl 40 wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Lvl 60+ is... Curious - I can, with relative ease, pull my own weight at the beginning, but when the enemies start to be 90+, I can no longer take them on (unless I get them 1-on-1 and get them stunlocked).

Being able to take on lvl 60 enemies makes me believe that I *might* be able to tag along to a lower level sortie mission (with a suitable mode/mission) - But your post made me reconsider. However, a few points in my defense:
Firstly - I had no idea that the sorties are considered "end game content". There was literally no way for me to know this - I thought they were sorta like special events/alerts, just with better rewards and higher levels. How should I know that "this content isn't for me yet"?
Secondly - I'm going to fail first time anyway. It doesn't matter if I go there MR6, or MR16. First time will be a plunge into the deepside anyway - because there will be no prior experience, and no way of knowing what to expect, or what is expected of you!
Thirdly - The sooner I get my first few fails, the sooner I learn the ropes. If I refuse to try it simply because I _believe_ that it's too hard, I'll never know when I'm ready. MR matters very little - credits, and how you've spent them (building new stuff vs upgrading old stuff) matters a lot more - But how do I know when I've got good enough gear to do these? The only way to know, is by trying.

Instead of trying limit us new players from accessing sorties, let us come - We'll fail, and we'll learn. Either we'll postpone it until we can actually deal with it, or we'll sort our gear out to do better. There's no better way of learning. If you're annoyed by newbies ruining your run - Run a private game, not a public one. I'm currently trying to farm Ivara, and sometimes I run Spy missions as private games to avoid newbies ruining the speed run, and sometimes I run public games - With luck, I get a proficient Tenno as a companion that makes my job easier, and if I get unlucky, I get a new Tenno who's going to fail - But even if I they do, at least they'll get a chance to learn, and I can show them how the vaults are done.

I'm still going to try the sorties once I get the dream quests done, Mr 6 or not.

I am not sure if u understand my post but having a high MR mean 90% of the time, the player has good gear. It DOES in fact matters a lot. Some of the weapons can't even be used if you're under mr 12. Plus, you said it your self, you're a new player and you don't have good mods maxed, that proofs my point of why Mr does matter. I for example am a mr 17 and i have all the critical/important mods at at least rank 8 if not maxed, i am sure if you ask a high rank player they will tell you about the same as I did about their mods. No way to know if it's hard till you try? yeah that is why they should set a rank lock of MR 12 so that you don't run in as a lvl 16 Excalibur and die a minute later.

Edited by BigBlackCook

I would be cool with a MR lock for open squad. I suggest around 8-12. I remember when I was new and wanted to go to trader to buy fairy wings but I couldn't caus I wasn't the right MR, made me want to get the MR even more, same with MR locked weapons I wanted

Whats wrong with earning things?

The main thing I want to see though is MAX level weapons required + some basics like requiring people have an aura mod... like come on if you can't get yourself an aura you are pretty much wasting everyones time

All the newbies saying you need to fail sortie to understand it? Na you don't.... that's the point lol, you should be able to handle sorties when you go in! Caus you have played enough things in game to know how to deal with these mobs, no one should have to teach you... that's not fun, I just want to do my sortie and not waste my game time on someone lazy who is skipping ahead

The mob levels aren't new to me, ever do a long exvac? A long defence? Moon spy?

Funny story, the other day I was doing rescue and I was @ the end waiting for people and died, the hostage died and the other ppl waiting died. The only person alive was the low MR rhino who did nothing all game and was slow to get to exit... here I was thinking it was his time to shine, but he completely ignored me saying save the hostage and instead revived players over the hostage and we failed right there on the end platform, this is not new ... I see it all the time, people revive players and not the hostage. If you had any kind of idea what was going on then you would be able to work out super simple stuff like this.

You can only carry to a point, if you or someone else dies because you are meant to be working as a team - and that low baller Rhino has no clue wtf is going on, you can and will fail, this angers me. 10 wave hostage defences and you got some guy who could save the game but instead hes pressing revive on a player with 4 revives and not the hostage.. Ughhhhh

While i agree newer players shouldn't be in sorties, i don't think MR is a good indicator if the player is good or new. Some players stay at the same MR, because they have the gear they want, and are not interested in leveling. But until they rework the MR system, i think that increasing the MR to 6 would be fine. You unlock most of the good things around that point anyway. 

I can agree with this.  I'm all for helping new people out but doing a lvl 100 survival with 2 MR4s and a MR5 is not fun.  It is end level content, so no you shouldn't be able to get into it right away.  MR15 is way too high in my opinion though.  10ish is good, by that time, you at least start to understand some of the game and lets face it, there is a LOT to know about this game.  If you are going to increase this you should also put on lvl 30 weapons lock too.  I have done a couple sorties where people bring unranked weapons. 

9 hours ago, BigBlackCook said:

I am not sure if u understand my post but having a high MR mean 90% of the time, the player has good gear. It DOES in fact matters a lot. Some of the weapons can't even be used if you're under mr 12. Plus, you said it your self, you're a new player and you don't have good mods maxed, that proofs my point of why Mr does matter. I for example am a mr 17 and i have all the critical/important mods at at least rank 8 if not maxed, i am sure if you ask a high rank player they will tell you about the same as I did about their mods. No way to know if it's hard till you try? yeah that is why they should set a rank lock of MR 12 so that you don't run in as a lvl 16 Excalibur and die a minute later.

You're wrong from a completely mechanical point of view:
MR is a result of how many weapons and frames you have leveled up. It has nothing to do with mods.
While it is true that a high MR player is likely to have better mods (because they have played for a long time, thus have a lot of credits, and thus have had the resources to upgrade their mods) this isn't in no way enforced by the game. One could run their starting set up for eternity and upgrade all the mods to max rank, and still be MR1 - likewise, one could buy all the weapons and all the frames and rank them up to 30, attain MR 21, and still have no mods upgraded.

as a side note: I'm in the process of upgrading the critical mods - most are rank 6 or 7. I've got 500k creds and could easily upgrade a lot of them to suitable levels, but I'm saving up for the last syndicate level. I'm estimating that I should have max level mods by mr7 and should basically be good to go for sorties. MR requirement of 12 would mean that I need to level up a dozen more frames and a Dozen more weapons (Likely even more than that) just to get access to them which would be pointless.

I think that the core of the problem is how the MR works - it's a measurement of time, not skill nor level of mods. The MR tests should be either completely rehauled in a way that they would test your actual level of equipment+skill instead of only testing your "skill" (for example, higher level enemies versus a silly target practice or terminal hack test).
For example: If the MR requirement was 6, then the MR 6 test would need to be one that actually tests if you can survive against, and kill, sortie level enemies.
Currently the MR is just an indicator for the amount of stuff you've acquired. Alternatively, there could be a "sortie tutorial" for when you first try it, where you'd go solo against sortie-level stuff to see how well you'd fare.

Also - please explain to me, how would a MR12 requirement prevent me from running a lvl 16 excalibur in there? A MR 4 already basically ensures that you have to have a frame or two at max rank - if you still choose to run a low-ranked frame to a sortie, it has nothing to do with your MR, and everything to do with you either trying to get carried&exp'd up, or not realizing what you're getting into.

Actually, yeah, I think a sortie tutorial - or a sortie "test"/quest would fix the problem on both fronts - You couldn't get in if you can't get through the test (to make sure you're up to the task), yet you aren't restricted from accessing sorties simply because you haven't got dozens of weapons and frames ranked up. It would also serve as a "reassurance" for players like me - I could try it out and see if I'm up to the task without actually running a chance of ruining someone else's game.

Haven't Trials been opened up to allow anyone? Sorties are the same difficulty and one might say easier since the missions don't have puzzles and you are not required to have additional players. I would say if someone doesn't want to deal with unprepared players killing themselves, don't public with random players.

Also - Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying sorties shouldn't be restricted in anyway - I fully agree that end-game content should be locked until you can actually deal with the end-game mobs - all I'm saying is that a high MR requirement is not the right way to achieve this, because MR does not equal skill nor gear, only frames and weapons, which is why I would suggest a sortie tutorial, or a sortie test-quest to be completed so that you can actually "prove" you're up to the task, as opposed to an arbitrary time investment requirement in the form of a MR lock.

As a seasoned player you may not completely understand the position of a new player. Luckily I just started on the PS4 platform, so I have gotten the chance to see what it's like to be new in this game. 

What you need to know is that the first stages of this game aren't that all that easy and laid back. Especially since new players don't have any income of platinum or decent amount of slots. So the pressure is on them to find a way to make platinum to open slots. 

Why you may ask? Well that's because they need to rank as much gear up as they can because "mastery rank is oh so important" 

Now what's the only way to get platinum if it's not via buying, that's ingame trade. Now we all know how "nice" the ingame trade is, so if you want to sell an item you will have to find it from either the void, Sortie or raids. Remove Sorties and they're only left with void and raids. 

Now the void isn't as straight forward as it may seem as the only really valuable prime parts aren't the ones you can get with the few keys a new player has and we all know how easy it is to get into a Raid squad for the first time.

If you remove Sorties you're removing an opportunity for other people to grow in this game and enjoy it. As said above if you don't like to play with them you can play solo or with friends. I personally think that if you are a bit experienced you can also handle Sorties even if there is one in the squad that's not so good. 

On 5/3/2016 at 6:09 PM, BigBlackCook said:

Listen, it's not about me, it's about how players of low ranks shouldn't participate in sorties due to their inability to handle endgame content.

It is about you though, your own inability to deal with low MR players in your sortie group.

MR doesn't mean a thing and making it 12 just because syndicate primaries is a complete waste when you don't need them to do sorties. Hell even most of the r10 mods don't need to be maxed to work fine in sorties, frame and weapon combinations are far more important. 

The moment you get a Blind mirage, Mag on corpus, a Bladestorming Ash, or some other faceroll build in your squad, you basically are just leeching yourself, making you no different from that MR4.