The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To all players complaining about Ember Prime/Rhino Prime/Nyx Prime PBR ruining their color scheme

LogaMC1995

I never seen anyone complaining about PBR'd-straight-out-of-box Nova Prime, Volt Prime, Ash Prime, Trinity Prime and Saryn Prime. Why don't we just assume these currently PBR'd prime warframes equal to PBR'd-straight-out-of-box primes? You never complained about lack of metallic color slot for Saryn Prime or color scheme ruined in Ash Prime. Why don't we just move along and appreciate the PBR that we got?

I didn't include Excal Prime because they're special snowflakes

I expect some negative replies in this thread

Edited by LogaMC1995

while the lack of the necessary Tint Channels is still a problem on the Warframes that have peanut butter from the start, it's more of a problem with Warframes that didn't have it originally, meaning they had more detail in coloring, and then lose some to add colorable trinkets.

blah blah, absolutely need to bite the bullet and rewrite to support more Tint Channels.

Just now, N7Vanquisher said:

because those newer warframes weren't designed with a 4th non-metallic color slot in mind. this is a strawman lol

That is why I want all players to assume these new PBR'd primes as equal as new primes that comes already comes with PBR. Problem solved. Instead of stuck in the past, we can just move on.

...People complain about PBR updates?

I for one couldn't be happier. Ember Prime looks horrid on console. The metallic accents are low-res and don't attach naturally. It looks like the meeting points were melted and blurred. Plus the way she reflects light makes all color schemes I've tried on her look gross. Fortunately, there is nothing a cape can't improve.

I haven’t really had a problem, at this point, with the newest batch of Prime PBR-ing.

However, Mag’s PBR wrecked my color scheme with extreme prejudice.

The combining of two different trim sections annihilated any chance of getting that balance of colors back, and my salt is great. I've almost entirely just moved on to the Immortal skin since being denied my preferred color scheme that I had for quite a while just makes me more salty.

Just now, ChronoEclipse said:

I haven’t really had a problem, at this point, with the newest batch of Prime PBR-ing.

However, Mag’s PBR wrecked my color scheme with extreme prejudice.

The combining of two different trim sections annihilated any chance of getting that balance of colors back, and my salt is great. I've almost entirely just moved on to the Immortal skin since being denied my preferred color scheme that I had for quite a while just makes me more salty.

I suppose I can understand that. If your wallet can handle it, there's always this...

Spoiler

Alata1.jpg

4 minutes ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

Yes there are people complaining about Ember Prime's PBR combines her "round patches" with another color slot, ruining their color scheme. Some threads about PBR are reasonable though, like Nyx Prime's PBR with reduced resolution.

Edited by LogaMC1995

Just now, Varacal said:

i dunno man, but me, my rhino prime has never looked sexier, and the nice part about it is, i dont even have to change anything with him

Glad to hear that. Same goes for me, I can now use his default Prime skin instead of Palatine. It's a nice visual change.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

You may not remember, but when the Targis armor got PBR'd there was mass fury. Not because of losing color slots, but because the metal no longer glowed in the dark.

Some people actually like garbage shaders.

5 minutes ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Yes there are people complaining about Ember Prime's PBR combines her "round patches" with another color slot, ruining their color scheme. Some threads about PBR are reasonable though, like Nyx Prime's PBR with reduced resolution.

I believe I was inactive at the time. At the very least, I wasn't active on the forums, and I avoid region like the plague (it's really bad on console; something about virtual keyboards obliterates civility). So I didn't really have a venue to hear others' complaints. But that suits me just fine, I'm an antisocial bastard.

I didn't realize the Nyx Prime PBR lowered her resolution. Was that also true on console? I rarely used her prior to getting the Nemesis skin, and have used that ever since, so I probably wouldn't have noticed anyway.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

I didn't realize the Nyx Prime PBR lowered her resolution. Was that also true on console? I rarely used her prior to getting the Nemesis skin, and have used that ever since, so I probably wouldn't have noticed anyway.

Nemesis skin have no problem. Her default prime skin thay recently got PBR'd have some resolution problem, causing pixelation on textures.

Here's the thread link : https://forums.warframe.com/topic/644365-nyx-prime-textures-after-18104-looks-bad-prior-to-the-patch-is-this-a-mistake-or-bug/

Edited by LogaMC1995

29 minutes ago, LogaMC1995 said:

I never seen anyone complaining about PBR'd-straight-out-of-box Nova Prime, Volt Prime, Ash Prime, Trinity Prime and Saryn Prime. Why don't we just assume these currently PBR'd prime warframes equal to PBR'd-straight-out-of-box primes? You never complained about lack of metallic color slot for Saryn Prime or color scheme ruined in Ash Prime. Why don't we just move along and appreciate the PBR that we got?

Hide contents

I didn't include Excal Prime because they're special snowflakes

Reveal hidden contents

I expect some negative replies in this thread

Because those frames were built with only 3 colorable areas and 1 metal tint area. The others were built with 4 colorable patterns originally, when you remove one channel for tintable metal, you have to condense one of the 4 areas/patterns into the rest.  Basically if you had any coloration but default going on, your color scheme was changed and you may have lost the ability to color your frame specifically like you had before forever.

We do complain about how Ash Prime can't use his immortal skin... actually none of the Prime frames can use their immortals to the fullest extent.

Either way, of course the newer primes don't look so bad, they were designed with that many tints. The old frames were NOT designed to have one less color slot.

Edit: And can we please stop blaming PBR? PBR is awesome, I have gotten so pampered that I actively avoided using non-PBR frames because fashion frame. This is all due to there only being four tints which is a completely separate issue that only arises with Prime PBR.

Edited by DrBorris

Just now, DrBorris said:

We do complain about how Ash Prime can't use his immortal skin... actually none of the Prime frames can use their immortals to the fullest extent.

I do agree with Immortal skin on Primes issue. But that's another topic.

What I'm asking is just find another color scheme that takes only 3 slots on there currently PBR'd primes, just as you do with new primes.

1 minute ago, LogaMC1995 said:

I do agree with Immortal skin on Primes issue. But that's another topic.

What I'm asking is just find another color scheme that takes only 3 slots on there currently PBR'd primes, just as you do with new primes.

Because if I want my Prime frame to keep its gold I have to make other awkward parts of the frame that are NOT metallic be gold (or whatever color I want the metallic to be), which often destroys customization. This issue is only furthered with the Immortal skins. The new primes generally do not have other patches that go with their gold.

Getting this PBR to Ember Prime and Nyx Prime was one of the things I waited the most. I'm not playing much nither of them, but they looked so ugly wihen half of them is light gold. My Ember looks worse now, but it's something I can mess around with and get something good, My Nyx however looks fabilus now.

I'm using the delux skin for Rhino Prime so I don't care about his PBR changes.

17 minutes ago, egregiousRac said:

Some people actually like garbage shaders.

well, sometimes it can accidentally do something cool.
and if it's cool, i understand being disappointed about losing it.

3 minutes ago, LogaMC1995 said:

for some Warframes, merging so much of their body together (which newer Warframes don't have to do) makes every color scheme look like garbage.

i don't like having one Tint Channel making like, 40-50% of a Warframe ONE COLOR.
if i wanted to be a crayon, i'd be coloring all of the Tints the same color already.

let's look at some examples...
50% of this Warframe is ONE Tint Channel.
http://i.imgur.com/GXcOfNN.png

80% of this Warframe is ONE Tint Channel.
http://i.imgur.com/F6mJcwQ.png

~50% of this Warframe is ONE Tint Channel. and ~50% is another.
http://i.imgur.com/jwjUO7D.png

but what you're also asking, is for Players that like having more detail on their Characters, to stop complaining because they should just be happy to make their Characters walking crayons because it's what you want. and also "my cosmetic preferences matter and yours don't".
blah blah, metacomplaint Thread.

9 minutes ago, taiiat said:

well, sometimes it can accidentally do something cool.
and if it's cool, i understand being disappointed about losing it.

for some Warframes, merging so much of their body together (which newer Warframes don't have to do) makes every color scheme look like garbage.

i don't like having one Tint Channel making like, 40-50% of a Warframe ONE COLOR.
if i wanted to be a crayon, i'd be coloring all of the Tints the same color already.

let's look at some examples...
50% of this Warframe is ONE Tint Channel.
http://i.imgur.com/GXcOfNN.png

80% of this Warframe is ONE Tint Channel.
http://i.imgur.com/F6mJcwQ.png

~50% of this Warframe is ONE Tint Channel. and ~50% is another.
http://i.imgur.com/jwjUO7D.png

but what you're also asking, is for Players that like having more detail on their Characters, to stop complaining because they should just be happy to make their Characters walking crayons because it's what you want. and also "my cosmetic preferences matter and yours don't".
blah blah, metacomplaint Thread.

I appreciate your effort to show me your thought in this matter. But are you really will be running with those colours? I assume you used that color scheme for demo purposes. With proper coloring these warframes can/will look better.

People BMW'ed (and I don't mean the car) about Loki Prime when he got his PBR a month later it was basically forgotten about. Ember, Excalibur, Nyx and Rhino will most likely follow the in same way...so I say in a month or so most of you folks complaining about this excellent PBR job will settle on new colour patterns and this silly lil complaint won't mean diddly squat and you'll wonder why you ever had it in the first place. And to be honest the PBR barely affected any of the colours I did use only one that has had the biggest loss in tintable sections for me was Ember and its barely noticeable.

And for those that don't know of the alternate acronym meaning to BMW its B---- Moan Whine just thought I'd clear that up since its rather useful at times.

Edited by Nurmetya
You can fill in the blank. Which will probably get me another - point but IDGAF.