Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too many Warframes, too little slots.

NotAnNSASpy

Question

Hello community. I have a conundrum. Right now, I have 4 Warframe slots and three Warframes, Nyx Prime, Exalibur and Ash. However, I was playing Warframe randomly when I decided I want moar Warframes! So now I'm building Zephyr and Mirage at the same time. Should I sell Ash? Should I sell Exalibur? I really wanted Zephyr so that I could run excavation missions liek a bird (and abuse Tonkor) and I really wanted Mirage so that I could do tons of damage. I'm pretty new to Warframe so I really don't know what to do. I don't really want to spend money because I have none so I would like advice on which frame to sell(Or somebody could buy my Tranquil Cleave mod for 25 plat and solve all my problems).

22 answers to this question

Play the game more. Get prime stuff. Sell prime stuff to other players in trade chat for platinum. Buy more slots. Problem solved.

(if you're going to sell something sell excalibur, he does nothing at this point in time but promote bad habits in the people who play him)

Do vault runs, sell (the useful) corrupted mods for 20-25+ p each.

What are your criteria for keeping a frame? As far as straight utility goes, I'd sell Nyx (but but Nyx! ;w; ) followed by Excal once you have Mirage a damage/CC frame. Ofc, fun-factor is a whole different thing.

I wouldn't sell Ash, because A) He's hard to replace atm (Manics are MIA and horrid drop chance on Ash P BP) and B) Bladestorm.

Edited by Chroia

The only time I've sold a warframe was when it didn't fit my play style/just didn't like it (Mag and Ember, I'm looking at you) or if I have the Prime variant (as in the case of Ash). Otherwise, as others have said, farm prime parts / rare/corrupted mods and sell them. Or take the easy (translation: costly) route and make a generous donation to DE (ie. buy yourself some plat).

Keep all frames.. Don't Sell it just for saving slots other frames..

My "Genius" Friend Sold Chroma, Limbo and Mirage just To realize there is no other way to get them, unless he buy it at the market..

DON'T BE LIKE HIM.. BE A SMART PLAYER...

Sold Prime Parts From Void or Corrupted mods from Vault/Derelict run would help.. oh.. and Medi Ray from Kela still Fetch as high as 50 Plats per mod.. 

Edited by Blood_Poppy

If you've got Nyx Prime without spending any money, then I'm guessing you've got some spare prime parts and/or blueprints. And you've probably got some spare mods worth selling, too. Sell those to others for plat, buy a frame slot. They're relatively cheap.

I only sell a frame if I really, really hate it after trying it (or in the case of Ash, I sold him because his 4 makes me motion sick, so I literally can't use him). If you really don't enjoy a frame, there's no point in keeping it, IMO. The friends that got me into this game were horrified that I sold Excal soon after finding some frames I liked, but to this day he's still my least favorite frame despite his usefulness in certain missions, so I don't regret selling him.

That said, whatever you do, don't ever sell any quest frames (Mirage/Chroma/Limbo/Inaros), or frames that need a ton of grinding like Equinox/Mesa/Ivara. They could get changes in the future that make you like them more or less than you did before, and it will be a major pain to grind back the super grindy frames, whereas the quest ones you literally can't get again. Earning 20 plat for a new slot is better than getting rid of any of these - and plat really isn't hard to make.

I don't see anything wrong with deleting a non-quest/non-grind frame that you don't like, but if there aren't any you dislike, just save up for more slots. It's really easy to build up open slots quickly once you start running things like void missions and OD vaults. I also wouldn't delete any prime frames, honestly - they're limited edition, as they all go into the vault eventually (at least for now), so I kind of feel like if you made the effort or spent the money to get the prime, you should keep it.

I've only sold one frame and that was because he is extremely easy for me to build again.  Most of my frames I've used as mastery fodder.  I don't want to sell any of them because I might decide to change up.  Even though I'm not playing my Saryn prime (I will though), it'll be a cold day in hell before I get rid of her.  

On 5/11/2016 at 11:51 PM, Catoriii said:

That said, whatever you do, don't ever sell any quest frames (Mirage/Chroma/Limbo/Inaros), or frames that need a ton of grinding like Equinox/Mesa/Ivara. They could get changes in the future that make you like them more or less than you did before, and it will be a major pain to grind back the super grindy frames, whereas the quest ones you literally can't get again. Earning 20 plat for a new slot is better than getting rid of any of these - and plat really isn't hard to make.

Quoted for TRUTH.  :D

Of the three you have Excalibur is the easiest to replace later on if you have the planet open, Ash is a pain to chase down maniacs for the parts. That being said you can as others suggested make runs for sellable mods/prime parts. 

On 5/10/2016 at 4:42 PM, NotAnNSASpy said:

I don't really want to spend money because I have none so I would like advice on which frame to sell(Or somebody could buy my Tranquil Cleave mod for 25 plat and solve all my problems).

Do two vault runs and sell the mods to pay for a warframe slot.  Do Alad V runs and sell the nav coordinates.  Do void runs and sell the junk.

20p is dirt cheap and is easy to find.  Learn how to scratch out a few plat when you need it and don't sell your warframes.

On 5/10/2016 at 4:50 PM, Stratego89 said:

Play the game more. Get prime stuff. Sell prime stuff to other players in trade chat for platinum. Buy more slots. Problem solved.

(if you're going to sell something sell excalibur, he does nothing at this point in time but promote bad habits in the people who play him)

Excalibur is ALWAYS welcome in my squad.  ALWAYS.

Also, keep your eye out for a discount, at 50% or 75%, even a small $5 purchase in plat will score you a nice pile of slots.

8 hours ago, EvilKam said:

Excalibur is ALWAYS welcome in my squad.  ALWAYS.

Also, keep your eye out for a discount, at 50% or 75%, even a small $5 purchase in plat will score you a nice pile of slots.

Whew, I almost sold him, I was literally about to click sell when I saw this comment. Thanks.

1 minute ago, NotAnNSASpy said:

Whew, I almost sold him, I was literally about to click sell when I saw this comment. Thanks.

lol.  I think you might be a spy... for some sort of government agency.

Just a hunch.  :p