The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you think of machetes in warframe ?

9 minutes ago, Shirotsuki said:

Machetes are the Banshee of melee weapon types. Completely forgotten.

Even that's giving them too much credit, since Banshee can actually be incredibly useful in endgame with her insane Sonar damage and constant radial stunlock.

Prova Series, Machete Wraith, and Nami Solo actually have pretty neat stats and unique features. (though still nowhere near enough, Archetype doesn't have a defined role)

but the animations are abysmal.

Edited by taiiat

If you have a "crazy" frame (i.e. a frame you rp-lite as a bit crazy or mad or whatever), then the maniacal hacking animation of the machete can actually fit quite well and be quite amusing. 

And the Machete Wraith, being the best of the machetes, is a tolerably average weapon, i.e. good enough for most content.

Think? There is nothing subjectively to think about machete's.

It is garbage, created with crap stats, enhanced by a stance that makes baseball seem eloquent, not even John Prodman can make the Prova-swinging look cool and finaly the market doesn't even bother to sell the Mahete bp because the 15k credit Skana is better in every conceivable way. The market people got the hint before DE did. A digital shop outsmarting it's creator. * applaus*

They kinda suck in comparison to nearly every other melee weapon.

Need a revamp desperately. A new and usable stance would help, but their stats need to be changed slightly as well. *cough* Why does Prova count as a machete anyway?

1 minute ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Seriously. They could use high base stats like the Galatine. No crits, No Status. Just a big base stat. Seems fitting to the Machetes anyway.

status would make sense actually. even trusting it and you can pierce a good piece of wood. and it definitely cuts.

The machete wraith makes a nice stunlock tool; but why would I use that when I can use a lecta or serro and stun a whole pack of enemies at once.
Plus beating someone with a machete repeatedly just to stun them doesn't feel very natural... maybe if it were plastic. :D 

a tragedy.

the thing is.. I LIKE the Machetes in terms of appearance, I think the Machete Wraith is one of the best looking blades in the game, with that fine red edge and beautiful blade shape, contemporary and true to life yet still fitting in the Warframe universe. the regular looks OK too, for those times when you just wanna go Jason Voorhees on everybody with a rusty, intimidating cleaver!

but the stats on ALL of the Machetes are complete garbage, they struggle to kill level 30 enemies even with investment. the Machete wraith isn't so bad with a few Forma, but the regular... you may as well replace the Blade with Foam and it would still do more damage than it does currently. IT DOES LESS THAN THE REGULAR SKANA! THE FIRST FREAKING SWORD IN THE GAME! the Prova (both versions) and Kama are also terrible weapons.

and the stance.. oh god the stance.. the quick melee makes you look like a lumberjack on speed and the actual combos are lame and uninteresting compared to Longswords, not to mention far less powerful. no grace, no finesse, nothing that makes you look like a badass ninja. just waving like your run-of-the-mill bad guy in the movies.

ok, I'm sorry about that, but I really needed to vent on this. DE seriously need to stop ignoring Machetes and pretending they don't exist. let's get at LEAST one new, interesting and powerful stance that isn't locked behind a ridiculous 0.25% drop chance in the next event or whatever. just have it put in the Scorpion's drop tables and be done with it. let's also get a large damage buff that brings them to par with the better Longswords, and a bit more attack speed. if we can get all or some of those, Machetes will be worth using again.

4 hours ago, Shirotsuki said:

Machetes are the Banshee of melee weapon types. Completely forgotten.

Firstly as a banshee user I like to say many vulgar insults to you and your family, despise the truth that banshee is on the less played of frames. However you are right when it comes to the machete being S#&$e, it's worse than the starting melee, has no niche (aside from MR points). The stance is unbelievable crap and feels clumsy.

Some weapons are meant to be used as a low-mid tier weapon until they can get their hands on higher resource intensive equipment, the machete fits none of that, especially as mention before the starting weapon's you get are more than enough to keep up with you through atleast half the system, and when you get the cronus from Vor which is miles better than the crapchete not only in stats but in resource cost for the new player, 1 morphic on the cronus vs. 4 gallium from the machete. The machete goes beneath low tier, it's the abortion of all melee weapon's, ugly in terms of stats, and stance, either DE gives the machete a unique mechanic with an improvement of stats, or a fix up of the stance, along with a new one. If not then the machete just gonna be kept with the player until rank 30 till it get's aborted.