Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Behaviour on Devstream

Lijka

I've started watching Warframe Devstreams 6-7 streams ago and most of the time I had a good laugh as well as getting some answers. It's cool that the devteam are such laid back, fun-loving people, keep it up! Please, do keep it within certain limit, however. I do love the banter between you guys, but not if you continuously keep interrupting Rebecca and preventing her from actually telling us about stuff. I'm sorry to say, but today I got annoyed a few times and I could see Mamma Lotus did too. So, please guys, be a little more considerate when it comes to this.

Personally, I believe that drinking alcohol (even if it's only a beer) on a stream is somewhat unprofessional. However I can uderstand it and don't really mind it, since I don't want the Devstreams to turn into a boring monologue, you guys should have some fun too, but I believe there's a limit to everything.

Well, now that I got that off my chest, all I have left to say is, keep up the good work!

Keep having fun, especially if it's a needed opportunity to recharge some batteries. Just remember not to get carried away.

Some of us really only want to hear about the game stuff, and there may be better opportunities for cutting up in other places (like the Primetimes).

I have to agree.  I used to watch PrimeTime and DEvstreams but sometimes, the bickering and Off Topic/Interruptions got to be too much for me.  Now, I just wait for AM-Bunny's overviews.

Being relaxed and enjoying the conversation is fine, the team obviously having fun and loving what they do translates beautifully but... a little more on topic and consideration would be nice. 

Edited by Noamuth

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

Inb4 bunny starts to drink beer while writing this and adding sarcastic sentences to distract from the topics talked about in the devstream :D

That's fine, I just skim the high points and read only what is of interest to me.

1 minute ago, Noamuth said:

That's fine, I just skim the high points and read only what is of interest to me.

You say it like it would be that easy, imagine you have to SEARCH for the things of interest to you.

But on a more serious note though, i also felt kinda annoyed a bit in this stream. Wasn't the case in the last 3 streams.

Edited by IceColdHawk

3 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Inb4 bunny starts to drink beer while writing this and adding sarcastic sentences to distract from the topics talked about in the devstream :D

Drunk-rabbit.jpg

Yeah, there's occasions where they get a bit out of hand though. I love Rebecca's dedication, she really understands the community's concerns I think.

Yeah, this time around the stream was a teeny bit too chaotic for my liking, usually it hits a sweet spot for me of being entertaining and informative. I was also hoping we'd see them play Lunaro like Steve said they were going to two Primetimes ago.

However, I in no way want them to change their behavior drastically, it's part of their thing, and I enjoy that typically.

Agreed, banter is great but please actually give Rebecca some time to share the info and answers with the community. So much time and information is lost when the Dev team gets distracted with interjections and off-topic giggling.

1 hour ago, Lijka said:

Personally, I believe that drinking alcohol (even if it's only a beer) on a stream is somewhat unprofessional. However I can uderstand it and don't really mind it, since I don't want the Devstreams to turn into a boring monologue, you guys should have some fun too, but I believe there's a limit to everything.

Maybe they should drink before the streams?? Some people tend to open up more (talk freely and such) when they've got a drink or two... I already had this as a 2016 resolution lol just because of this on a stream is somewhat unprofessional. imo

But yeah they still doing their jobs and accomplishing a lot, so Fridays are Happy Hours...

I hate to say it but...you sound very white knight-y. The 'interruptions' werent even bad, they expanded on what she was saying. And so what if they have a drink in their streams? Theres nothing unprofessional about it as long as they stay on topic.

2 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

I hate to say it but...you sound very white knight-y. The 'interruptions' werent even bad, they expanded on what she was saying. And so what if they have a drink in their streams? Theres nothing unprofessional about it as long as they stay on topic.

Are you saying the OP is White Knighting...Rebecca?

I don't necessarily think the drinking is unprofessional or bad, they are literally having half of one beer on stream usually, it's not contributing to whatever is causing issues if there are any.  

The pattern I generally see is anytime anyone but Reb reads from her player question list.  She phrases the questions in ways that the devs actually respond to, whereas when Steve just reads the questions verbatim, it usually leads to immediate scoffing and sometimes derision of player concerns. A lot of times I agree with them, but basically they are nicer when Rebecca asks the player questions than when they read them themselves.

TL:DR: Don't give Steve the clipboard.

Edited by Gelkor

Lmao. I agree with everything in this thread. :3

It was a bit too goofy this time for my taste, it detracted from all the reveals and showcases.

They said they would show Lunaro today, I didn't see it. *sigh*
Maybe next time.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

1 minute ago, Misgenesis said:

Yup. As silly as it sounds.

So you're using an inane, subjective label for someone that feels that the team was being disrespectful for interrupting someone?  I'm sorry but, wat.

Regardless, it's disrespectful to interrupt someone.  It doesn't matter if the original question is answered or expanded on by someone else, it's still rude.

2 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

So you're using an inane, subjective label for someone that feels that the team was being disrespectful for interrupting someone?  I'm sorry but, wat.

Regardless, it's disrespectful to interrupt someone.  It doesn't matter if the original question is answered or expanded on by someone else, it's still rude.

Yes, its disrespectful, nobody is saying it isnt. Its just that, you know, OP mentions one specific person when they interrupt each other all the time throughout their streams.

2 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Yes, its disrespectful, nobody is saying it isnt. Its just that, you know, OP mentions one specific person when they interrupt each other all the time throughout their streams.

True, but Rebecca gets the brunt of it.

Just now, Noamuth said:

True, but Rebecca gets the brunt of it.

And that's why she is the Devs Punishment Officer :D

But i admit that today it was somewhat rude by all of them, are they stressed out and wanted to "duke it out" to vent out whatever in their chest?

Steve looked sad and wad about to cry at one point, made me sad too :(

Just now, Prinny13 said:

And that's why she is the Devs Punishment Officer :D

But i admit that today it was somewhat rude by all of them, are they stressed out and wanted to "duke it out" to vent out whatever in their chest?

Steve looked sad and wad about to cry at one point, made me sad too :(

I can only imagine the kind of punishments she dishes out XD

You must cuddle this kitty for 11 hours!

Go Clean Your Office, Right Meow!

You left the coffee pot dirty of the weekend? You're buying everyone Starbucks for a week!

For a wild guess I think except for Rebecca they are not really working, they are mostly just passing on what they are doing and what's coming up so a few beers doesn't hurt. Don't know how much I hear about Umbra XD, I can understand if they want to take a beer to talk about that a few more times. But I think they took up alot of issues like color-blind options and weapon balancing a bit. I think it was really interesting, you understand it's not that easy(it's alot of variables) and it's fun to listen to them analyzing all the problems that concur in Warframe.