The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE: Sibear and Vauban Prime just revealed a very important problem in Warframe

Violetear

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I read the ops whole post and that seems to be the main takeaway in the text wall. He wants there to be no effort at all to building stuff. He tries to make it sound eloquent but it comes down to entitlement. People want stuff for free and they don't want to work for it.

Where did you see this? The OP pointed out that the arguments (ie: this derailed thread) about the resource issue exposed the widening gap between new and old players, and that there needs to be more integration and balance.

Nowhere did I see anything about making stuff easy to get. It is mostly about game player balance

Again, this is really all warframe is about, farming for items, you either like it or not.

Sure, not all players are equal, that's exactly why someone could afford the Sibear the day it released while others will have to wait and farm longer, thats's the whole point of the game.

Second, you don't HAVE to build the SIbear or Vauban prime, really, you don't, people seem to always forget this. You only have a copule hours a day to play and it will take you one month to accumulate 30k cryotic? Yeah, so what? you have a hundred other things you can do WHILE you farm the cryotic. You can build other more accessible warframes and weapons and level them up in excavation missions from 0 to 30 while accumulating keys, cores, credits, cryotic and all kinds of other materials.

Potentially, you are literally working towards multiple goals at the same time, some easier some harder.

The problem rises only if you want the item HERE and NOW without having to move a finger.

2 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

i never saw a game where yu can acquire the last gear for free in few days as a new player

but you can in warframe

and once it require more than few days to get ppl start whining all over the place

Sad but true..It urks me a bit seeing MR1 players in draco with Prime frames and weapons.

2 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

i never saw a game where yu can acquire the last gear for free in few days as a new player

but you can in warframe

and once it require more than few days to get ppl start whining all over the place

You can buy anything in warframe that doesnt have a mastery rank at the very start. It's called Platinums.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)I Killed brunts said:

It's about 700-1000 oxium osprey kills, which aren't that common. If you don't happen to gold core farm which I don't and have since farming spent your oxium (grattler, mantis) it's an absolute PITA. 

Get a squad of 4 ivaras then each osprey will drop 4 extra things of oxium now you only need like 250 kills and with that same squad you could bursa hunt too.

2 minutes ago, Husla said:

You can buy anything in warframe that doesnt have a mastery rank at the very start. It's called Platinums.

yu understand the word "free" in my sentence?

Edited by Tsoe

3 minutes ago, Husla said:

Done plenty of grinding and I still thought the requirement was high for Sibear.

Did you need it right away though? What is inherently wrong with stretch goals? There is already a huge amount of melee choices including other, better hammers.

The grind would definitely  seem absurd if you have almost no cryotic and you want to do it in a really short amount of time, but did anyone need sibear right now? Why does the wf community get so up in arms at the idea of long term goals? No one makes anyone actively grind for something like sibear -- DE intended it to be a stretch goal for a lot of people and some chose to burn themselves out because they had to have it now.

Well, I tired Cerberus, and I think in about half and hour (4 rounds) with just randoms and no farming frames, I had little less than 700 oxium. I get a resource booster, and go with a dedicated oxium farming group, I could probably afford to build Vauban Primes chassis in about a night, and most of that would actually be spent trying to farm the chassis.

I think a problem is less the crafting cost, and more the knee jerk reaction to said crafting cost. 

Edited by Schregger

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Did you need it right away though? What is inherently wrong with stretch goals? There is already a huge amount of melee choices including other, better hammers.

The grind would definitely  seem absurd if you have almost no cryotic and you want to do it in a really short amount of time, but did anyone need sibear right now? Why does the wf community get so up in arms at the idea of long term goals? No one makes anyone actively grind for something like sibear -- DE intended it to be a stretch goal for a lot of people and some chose to burn themselves out because they had to have it now.

Yes, I did need it straight away. So I don't have to worry about it later.

May i direct your attention to the friendly frame Zephyr.

Before the change to Oxium ospreys drop quantity, and before oxium way buyable in the market, you would get 1-3 oxium per osprey. 

Say you were in the unfortunate situation of being in a storm clan (max of 100 members) but only 5 or 8 of the members are actually active, because i've been there. the base research for Zephyr is 200 for the bp and 20 for each other part. the resource multiplayer for a storm clan is x100, making the requirements now 20,000 for the bp and 2,000 for each part. 

can you imaging how effing unbearable that was to farm? this is nothing compared to that BS.

but please continue to cry and whine about not having sibear and Vauban P on day one because farming for mats is that bad

10 minutes ago, (PS4)SupeBoss said:

Where did you see this? The OP pointed out that the arguments (ie: this derailed thread) about the resource issue exposed the widening gap between new and old players, and that there needs to be more integration and balance.

Nowhere did I see anything about making stuff easy to get. It is mostly about game player balance

You seem to have  taken something different from his post than anyone else reading.

I saw his point and I disagree! I do not see a problem or some rift between newer  and older players. 

I do not agree with his base arguments about resources or the gap between players and I fully detailed why. Just because I disagree  with almost everything, including the premise of the thread, does not mean I am derailing it means I disagree. Have any counterpoint to me first post in this thread besides trying to claim it's irrelevant because you dont like what I said?

Edited by Tesseract7777

1 minute ago, --Q--JoeTheBanshee said:

I certainly have to agree with you; more often than not it's low MR players with Tonkors, and that just doesn't seem enjoyable.

I see plenty of those too and I can honestly say I never even stepped onto Draco till MR 14 or 15 (I forget I might have been edging on 15 at the time) but I had completed most of the star chart by that point and I had to do draco to open up the next missions

1 minute ago, Madway7 said:

As for the Sibear I would disagree if they roll back the changes made to excavation. Untill then, yes getting Cryotic just takes longer now for no good reason other than to take longer.

FFS the game need to keep rolling

if everything was fine to get in 1 day , i dont see any reason why ppl would use real money to buy weapons

I think the problem is not with crafting requirements, but with how some materials are aquired. I have no problem with things being rare or hard to get, but sometimes this hard to get turns into tedious and redundant.

In the case of Cryotic and Oxium, the materials are distributed quite poorly. Oxium drops relialably only from one unit that usually self-destructs without dropping it. Cryotic is less of a problem, because you have excavation missions, but getting it is still inconvenient. It should at least drop in bigger quantities at higher level excavation missions. 

If crafting requirements are going to increase, we need to have increased and reliable resource drops. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

May i direct your attention to the friendly frame Zephyr.

Before the change to Oxium ospreys drop quantity, and before oxium way buyable in the market, you would get 1-3 oxium per osprey. 

Say you were in the unfortunate situation of being in a storm clan (max of 100 members) but only 5 or 8 of the members are actually active, because i've been there. the base research for Zephyr is 200 for the bp and 20 for each other part. the resource multiplayer for a storm clan is x100, making the requirements now 20,000 for the bp and 2,000 for each part. 

can you imaging how effing unbearable that was to farm? this is nothing compared to that BS.

but please continue to cry and whine about not having sibear and Vauban P on day one because farming for mats is that bad

And what made DE decide to think about buffing the Oxium drops?

I wasn't a player back then so I wouldn't know.... but I'm still guessing public outcry. 

Just now, SilvaDreams said:

I see plenty of those too and I can honestly say I never even stepped onto Draco till MR 14 or 15 (I forget I might have been edging on 15 at the time) but I had completed most of the star chart by that point and I had to do draco to open up the next missions

I want weapons like that to have high MR requirements not as any form of an elitist, but to encourage new players to branch out with their playstyles. I don't even do Draco these days because it's not fun. I remember Viver and how it sucked so much fun out of playing. It was amusing, but ultimately deterring.

5 minutes ago, renleech said:

When Trinity prime got released, systems demanded (and still do) a lot of cryotic. Does no one remember?

It still requires more than the Vauban part requires oxium if memory serves.

Edited by Tesseract7777

Three years ago I started at the base of the mountain. I've been rewarded for my dedication to this game. You've just shown up. Should you be as powerful as I am? No. You need to work your way up on your resources, maxing mods, and participating in events, alerts, and quests. And the Sibear is no golden crown to wave around saying I'm awesome, unlike the Vauban who got those requirements halved already. If I started League of Legends tomorrow I'm not going to expect any fast tracks to the power of a players who's been around since the start. Talk about screwing those guys and gals over.

The only thing being showcased here is new players in most every game including this one start new, progress, and in-time become vets. Progression is just fickle when it comes to the developer and their first year supporters and how they value that relationship.