Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Defence Halting on Wave 5

creepercola106

Question

Hi. My team of four have been running T4 Defences, but it would be good if we could even pass Wave 5. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this so I don't want to file a bug report just yet, so here. 

We run the entire 5 Waves, but no reward table, extract or leave, comes up for any of my team. There has been a solution sometimes, it's usually an invade taking too long to get in. But the last couple of runs haven't spawned anything and we've been forced to abort the mission. Now we don't even want to try doing the Defences in fear of wasting our keys. 

Has anyone else experienced this and if so is there any solution to this problem?

(Apologies for no screenshots/video, I'll try to get some if I need to)

Thanks in advance!

22 answers to this question

Is it possible there are invasions that you aren't triggering? I read a post not too long ago where this was happening to a solo player. Turned out it was them not going to the room where the invasion "flickered" the screen so the invasion never triggered. You need to maintain position for the invasion to commence apparently.

Just something to be aware of.

46 minutes ago, creepercola106 said:

we've been forced to abort the mission.

How long do you wait before aborting?  Did you kill vor previous to the wave 5 ending?  Vor's presence always delays interceptions and defenses immensely when he arrives right at the end of wave 5.

Or it could be a broken enemy tucked into a corner so far away your auto enemy detector doesn't display the red dot.  Search everywhere, beyond that it is probably a bug.  Although a single drone stuck in a doorway at the opposite end of the mission is also pretty buggy and needs fixed as well.

14 minutes ago, Siideriu said:

Just have your entire steam stack around this area (Alpha-point in Interception). It force spawns stuck NPCs.

Weird. My team somehow spawned the syndicates by an Ash somehow clipping into the wall near D lol.

3 hours ago, rawr1254 said:

Syndicates + vor spawning is a problem in defence. Just run around get some coffee or take a nap cause itll take about a minute for them to spawn sometimes.

Syndicates/Stalker/G3 and the like delay the next wave (and even if they do arrive, all the blasting they're dead before anyone can type STALKER -- Had the body of the Stalker laying on the floor all through one T4D, too).

15 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

Next time it happens get the host to send their EE.log to support so we can fix it. Screenshots won't help -- we need the log.

This bug happens if you get the first Screen glimmering (before a Syndicate appears). That problem can (sometimes) be fixed by the players by running in all spawnpoints and leave them right after it. Sometimes it fixes the problem.

Glen, i dont want to be "rude" but im sure you will find 10 minutes of time yourself and try a t4 void def mission. it happens in 50% of all games, before the 5th and sometimes before the 10th wave...

To be honest, i dont want to leave after wave 5 after waiting 15minutes on the Syndicate just to send you the log files. Just to restart the mission and get the same bug again!

Edited by -S-O-Kranker

I have also had this issue recently (PS4)

It seems to be when a syndicate spawn announces itself (screen flicker) or a Vor spawn.

After about 10 minutes of waiting at end of wave 5, I ventured to the spawn area and found 3, maybe 4 syndicate enemies stuck in the wall in the Tenno spawn area.

Killed the enemies stuck in the wall, then waited maybe another 5, 10 minutes then the mission progressed as normal.

Hope this helps.

I have run into this too many times in the past few weeks. It seems to be triggered with vor or syndicates spawning. What is happening in our missions, is that particularly with Vor, his messages will come in announcing his arrival, then we get the messages that hes been defeated directly after, but he never spawned. Once we get to the 5/10 wave, the mission hangs and we have to abort.

On 5/21/2016 at 2:14 AM, rawr1254 said:

Syndicates + vor spawning is a problem in defence. Just run around get some coffee or take a nap cause itll take about a minute for them to spawn sometimes.

If it would be only a minute nobody would complain.

I had the same issue we waited 3 mins when we said abort it and start it over beacuse those syndicates don't wanted to spawn.
If we have waited probably we will be still sitting there.

Edited by PETI258

So far, I've yet to need to abandon a mission because of this.  Every time it happens, just make sure your entire team moves until they cannot see the cyropod.  I haven't tried Siideriu's spot.  It's probably better than my method.  But we found we could roam around far away from the cryopod and get something to spawn in roughly a minute.

Edited by Replacement