Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allowing low level players to high level content is a good idea.

OverlordMcGeek

This is in respond to a challenge that you will find with the link.

I trust low MR not only to revive others while I facetank the damage but to use their abilities as they are instructed. I enjoy PUG's especially now that I have limbo for spy's to teach them the only proper way to do vaults. Also with how to take the only proper way of doing rescues to not waste time hacking the large door and going from below.

This gives new players a chance to also level their gear in a way as fast as Draco without the monotone that comes with it.

12 minutes ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

...I have limbo for spy's to teach them the only proper way to do vaults. Also with how to take the only proper way of doing rescues...

>the only proper way

You're as bad as the other guy, only from the opposite end of the spectrum

Well, i will be honest with you, sometimes i feel like i'm dealing with bots in most pugs matches, they ignore whatever i or someone with more experience has to say :/

But i do agree that when you see a team, regardless of MR, start to work together it feels rather refreshing :D

MR12 here!

If I remember correctly, the thread mentioned has nothing to do with low MR players, but players bringing unmaxed gear to sorties. 

Edit: Your post doesn't address balancing issues involved with low MR players doing high level content, you only mention what you enjoy about it.

Edited by Zachatoo
Found your challenge

all of what you said here is valid for normal Missions, as there's no reason to disallow Randoms to Matchmake into your Public Sessions.

doesn't make sense for Sorties and other things of the sort however.

Sorties aren't the time and place to teach new players game and mission mechanics, period. High level, yes. Sortie, no. In sortie rescue, the execution timer starts as soon as you enter the cells vicinity, no time to explain here. Spy, no place for mistake, 3 extractions required, no time to explain either. See the pattern? Sortie isn't a place to learn, it's the freaking exam, you're there to show that you have mastered the game's mechanics.

I disagree... to an extent.

If low level/mastery players want to play high level content, let them... but don't force high level players to get matched with them. Instead, give players the option to allow/disallow matchmaking with others based on mastery rank (or gear level). Let high lobby hosts set the permissible level range of who they want to get matched with. 

Forcing high level players to carry low level players when they do not want to is bad; there is nothing good about it. That's like saying "It's a good idea to let this level 1 priest into our raid group for this level 90 raid dungeon."

4 minutes ago, (XB1)VTG xSTEVIEx said:

They're not forcing you to go to public, you have the choice to either do that, solo, inv only, recruting tab, clan alliance or friends, also there's no one way to do something just what the person doing it feels like really.

But it would be nice to use public matchmaking to get matched quickly and automatically with others who have comparable mastery and/or gear levels.

Sometimes playing solo can be too tough for a player, and sometimes they don't have time to go to recruiting and read through the credentials of every person who wants to join.

12 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Forcing high level players to carry low level players when they do not want to is bad; there is nothing good about it. That's like saying "It's a good idea to let this level 1 priest into our raid group for this level 90 raid dungeon."

I giggled, +1

I don't find it all that bad. I always go into a Sortie prepared to solo the entire thing but hoping I don't have too, and that's how everyone should prepare going into a public Sortie, because you have no idea who you're going to be paired up with. For spy Sorties, I prefer to solo them. It's faster, and there's less risk of a mistake happening.

As for the MR toggle, I don't think this would be a bad idea. I mean, I don't see how an MR filter for Sorties would necessarily be a bad thing, why not? +1.

4 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

But it would be nice to use public matchmaking to get matched quickly and automatically with others who have comparable mastery and/or gear levels.

Sometimes playing solo can be too tough for a player, and sometimes they don't have time to go to recruiting and read through the credentials of every person who wants to join.

Then that player can't really complain if they don't have time to simply post in chat to do this or that or God forbid read and have maxed gear, I do agree having that option would be nice but I have met far more "noob" or arrogant high mr players with maxed gear than lower ones 

I like to play with the low leves players because they see how things are either broken or missing information to complete something. Which we dont see cause we've done it a million times and know what to do. Yet the learning curve is still hard for them since there is nothing there to guide them from a to z. There the ones who are actually making the game a little better for the newer people fixing things we over looked even if its small.

Edited by TrueHawkEye

First thing I did in EvE (and anyone who ever played that game knows, it's not a wimpy game) was take my tiny starter ship to beyond 0.0 space. That's where the rare mats were,  and damn am I going to have some roadblock stop me.

Dodged the defenses -- bubbles and more -- and found me a nice farming spot right smack deep in whatever Alliance's territory. Mined what I could, and zipped out.

Third time I went, I got killed. But wouldn't have traded the time in Deep Deep space for anything. It's gorgeous out there!

5 minutes ago, (PS4)decogold said:

Well, we may aswell let MR4 ranked users go on a 2-hour survival run with this logic. Who's to say that they won't leave half way through or revive anybody for that matter? Just because you rely on them, doesn't mean they rely on what you say.

Same can be said for high mrs

My suggestion would be allow sorties to be unlocked after they have completed the Second Dream. My reason is that second dream would require the low MR player to proceed through the Star chart to reach Uranus and unlock the Natah Quest. By making them proceed through till they get Uranus, would give them ample amount of opportunities to craft more diverse warframe, collecting materials, crafting better gears and getting good mods. Additionally, allowing them to unlock other quests. The Natah Quest only becomes playable when the player reaches MR3. Which they would have if they have done the previous quests, like Limbo, Archwing, Vors, Mirage, Kubrow and Inraos. Even then they would need to fight mid tier enemies, which would requires a decent modded gear to fight them during the Natah Quest. When they do complete the quest, they would be able to advance more into storyline. When they do complete the second dream, they would have fought the Shadow Stalker, High level mobs and Sentients; which came be tough fighting alone. By doing this they would have acquired new entire sets of warframes, weapons, companions, resources, acquiring a focus and having shoot well pass MR3. This would make them more diverse and adaptable to fight in sorties - making them able to contribute more to the teams during sortie missions then they could have before.  

5 minutes ago, (XB1)VTG xSTEVIEx said:

Same can be said for high mrs

Most of the problems I've seen with MRs is the high level ones played the worst.

Low MRs are still trying to prove themselves and will still try, as they know they'll be judged.

High MRs know the exploits and will be AFK, instead, and an AFK Frost and Trinity is worse than a lowbie trying to be Rambo with a peashooter, and a  sin of sins.

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter

1 minute ago, Ibro156 said:

My suggestion would be allow sorties to be unlocked after they have completed the Second Dream. My reason is that second dream would require the low MR player to proceed through the Star chart to reach Uranus and unlock the Natah Quest. By making them proceed through till they get Uranus, would give them ample amount of opportunities to craft more diverse warframe, collecting materials, crafting better gears and getting good mods. Additionally, allowing them to unlock other quests. The Natah Quest only becomes playable when the player reaches MR3. Which they would have if they have done the previous quests, like Limbo, Archwing, Vors, Mirage, Kubrow and Inraos. Even then they would need to fight mid tier enemies, which would requires a decent modded gear to fight them during the Natah Quest. When they do complete the quest, they would be able to advance more into storyline. When they do complete the second dream, they would have fought the Shadow Stalker, High level mobs and Sentients; which came be tough fighting alone. By doing this they would have acquired new entire sets of warframes, weapons, companions, resources, acquiring a focus and having shoot well pass MR3. This would make them more diverse and adaptable to fight in sorties - making them able to contribute more to the teams during sortie missions then they could have before.  

I wouldn't agree with this. It is rather easy to get to Uranus, simply get someone to taxi you to each assassination on each planet. They could simply power-level through the MR ranks if they wished, skipping this entirely. 

2 minutes ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Most of the problems I've seen with MRs is the high level ones played the worst.

Low MRs are still trying to prove themselves and will still try, as they know they'll be judged.

High MRs know the exploits and will be AFK, instead, and an AFK Frost and Trinity is worse than a lowbie trying to be Rambo with a peashooter, and a  sin of sins.

Aye, so high mrs an low mrs can all be bad, so why force it upon us?

11 minutes ago, (PS4)decogold said:

I wouldn't agree with this. It is rather easy to get to Uranus, simply get someone to taxi you to each assassination on each planet. They could simply power-level through the MR ranks if they wished, skipping this entirely. 

Welp, It was just a suggesstion. Who knows. Maybe TaxiFrame will be gone when Star Chart 3.0 comes out.

Edited by Ibro156