The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do you play Warframe?

It's fun, content is always coming whether it is small or big, the devs do very much care about their community, and keeps me coming back and wanting more and more.

Which is something very good since many games of recent years have not (and probably will not) kept me invested to what is in store for the future and it's surprises, ESPECIALLY when the new content is FREE and doesn't separate the community with expensive as heck DLC. And even if there is stuff in Warframe that you can buy with money, it is all completely optional and again does not split the community to horrible amounts. And with the Warframe community it is very much welcoming to see many players help each other out and even share ideas that could help expand the game as well.

Warframe definitely has a lot going for it. Considering how small the game was when it first came out versus now where there is so much more content currently with even more coming along the way, it's future is a lot brighter than how I could say for most games.

The slaughter is a good stress reliever.

It's also full of gems of game-design (it also has some of the worst elements ever) so i'm interested in knowing what it becomes.

And the setting/plot ofc. The writing is excellent for a video game.

Edited by vazerd68

Because it's Free to play, and doesn't force to you to pay-to-win.
The community was "once" great.
Very nice lore, game design, animations, huge customization, active updates, and much more.
It's performance is very good on low-end PC's.

And lastly, the Devs of Warframe is pretty active and nice with the community, then most other game Devs.

I fell in love with the game right from the very first cut-scene. The graphics, the smooth gameplay and the overwhelming sense of power just latched on to me like a virus. I especially liked how fleshy the enemies are and how they react to physical damage - not your average ragdolling with some possible decapitation at most. Everything just felt so...unique. When I first saw the market I thought I'd like to buy everything and play with everything.

Now I'm at a point where I seem to struggle. And the struggle is not that I don't like the game. It's that I've achieved what I wanted - got the frames that I wanted, got the weapons that I wanted - and all that is left is to further develop my skill and mastery (syndicates, focus and MR). I would like to try other equipment and frames but playing with them without having a potato on them just feels so... not to their full potential. I recently got Dread and can't even sneak kill a 20lvl grineer with it being maxed out - I have to rely on my best gear to progress. I feel stuck - like I'm depended on when the next potato will pop up and I have to carefully think of which weapon I want to build and potato that.

I'm at that point where it's harder to spread out and diversify opposed to just max everything out with what I have. I love the game but it's starting to get too repetitive and loose it's "Ahhh!" factor to me.

it's one of the only Free to Play multiplayer games I found on steam that isn't pay to win (F*** you, Nexon, you ruined Combat Arms because you got greedy and locked every good weapon behind a paywall where the only way to get NX for free was doing those unreliable surveys that caused me to get spam mail sent to my house)

2 hours ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

I play Warframe because I like the gameplay of combining guns, melee, and warframe abilities to decimate hordes of enemy

basically this. as an Avid Borderlands player, decimating hordes of baddies in chaotic fashion is kind of my thing. plus as much as I love guns, Swords and other martial arts weapons have a nice sort of "elegance" to them, and mixing ancient weapons with modern ones and sci-fi-ing the shish out of them = pure awesomeness!

that, and the feeling you get when a rare drop occurs. in Borderlands it was a sweet, sweet Orange Line, now it's chasing after Prime Gear and pretty cosmetics.

no rest for the wicked....

Because:

• It has freedom of choice;
  • I can make a Coop with friends;
  • It has constant updates;
  • Those beautiful graphics;
  • The game don't rape my GPU card with shaders that can't be turned off;
  • The fashion here is easy to do;
  • I don't need to use money to play it;
  • Lore is carefully planed and it isn't too much important to those who don't care;
  • Sharp gameplay elements;
  • It has constant updates.

I think I forgot to put that it has constant updates and it is awesome because it shows that DE care about us a little. Even if it is almost nothing, is better than others. cof cof EA cof cof Ubi cof cof Overkill cof cof DICE

Thank you for all the wonderful response. I do agree that developers with open ears are a plus and the tamer community is very welcoming.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

... and the feeling you get when a rare drop occurs.

+1 to this. It wouldn't feel great if a part was easy to get.

3 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Warframe:

• is free to play
  • is cooperative and has online multiplayer
  • has a great community
  • is sci-fi, which I like
  • is inspirational
  • is unique
  • is one of the best games I've ever played.

Pretty much this.. plus, I'm a recovering Firefall player, and had I known about Warframe when I started playing Firefall, I'd never have given R5 the time of day. :)

One name. Yoshimitsu. Warframe is the closest I'll get to having a game about Yoshimitsu traveling through space and being amazing.

Spoiler

yoshi.pnglatest?cb=20130130130250

7 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Warframe:

• is free to play
  • has a great community
  • is inspirational
  • is unique

These are my reasons.

7 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Warframe:

• is free to play
  • has a great community
  • is inspirational
  • is unique

All this, in addition to:

• Friendships I've developed on here
  • Free-to-play aspect allows me to play with many other Steam friends who cannot afford other games
  • Heavy emphasis on cooperative PvE (I hate PvP for a multitude of reasons)
  • Action-packed
  • Fashion frame (I love the designs and the ability to colour them to your liking)
  • Not at all P2W
  • Great developers