Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What weapons actually need buffs?

Vaskadar

On 27.05.2016 at 1:14 AM, Vaskadar said:

The Miter is just... not what it could be. It requires too much mod space to really capitalize on potential damage, and doesn't have a critical chance at all (because crits are the new meta and all)

Miter is great, way that status proc is calculated sucks. No matter if weapon deals 1dmg per shot, or 1000dmg per shot, proc is the same, Corrosive proc always removes certain amount of armor no matter what. While crit is good for every weapon, if you deal 4x damage with crits, it always benefits you because its always 4x damage.

If status proc's scaled with damage there would be no problem at all, Daikyu and Mitter could be great weapons that way. Because for now there is no reason to bother with slow status weapons, if you can remove 25% armor every second, or every half a second its obvious that you will pick second one, it does its job two times faster

1 hour ago, Lyravain said:

I agree with most posters here and, can I just also add "most of the Archwing weapons"?

I mean, except Prisma Veritux and Imperator Vandal, all others are... kinda meh. Fluctus is good against waves of enemies (aoe ftw), but when was the last time you thought "hey, that would have been so much easier with Velocitus/Grattler/Dual Decurion as opposed to what I have now"?

Jordas Golem says hello.

The stradavar! oh for god sakes the stradavar. It's such a fun weapon to use but so underwhelming especially for a MR 6 weapon or whatever it is. The auto fire mode actually does more damage that the semi auto even tho the semi auto has a buff to crit chance. It was great for conclave when it came out but now that it's nerfed it doesn't make sense. 

Increase the base damage on the weapon and increase crit damage/chance on semi auto mode. 

or have a more unique buff like a 20 sec increase in damage whenever you switch modes

or give us a syndicate/rathuum mod that's good

6 hours ago, Lyravain said:

I agree with most posters here and, can I just also add "most of the Archwing weapons"?

I mean, except Prisma Veritux and Imperator Vandal, all others are... kinda meh. Fluctus is good against waves of enemies (aoe ftw), but when was the last time you thought "hey, that would have been so much easier with Velocitus/Grattler/Dual Decurion as opposed to what I have now"?

The Centaur is better than the Prisma Veritux, having higher critical, higher attack speed, and no pause between the end of your melee combo and the start of another attack.

The Velocitus and Grattler are superior to the Imperator Vandal against slow-moving targets with high health, namely the Jordas Golem.

6 hours ago, markus230 said:

Miter is great, way that status proc is calculated sucks. No matter if weapon deals 1dmg per shot, or 1000dmg per shot, proc is the same, Corrosive proc always removes certain amount of armor no matter what. While crit is good for every weapon, if you deal 4x damage with crits, it always benefits you because its always 4x damage.

If status proc's scaled with damage there would be no problem at all, Daikyu and Mitter could be great weapons that way. Because for now there is no reason to bother with slow status weapons, if you can remove 25% armor every second, or every half a second its obvious that you will pick second one, it does its job two times faster

All damage-over-time status procs (Slash, Heat, Electricity, Toxin, Gas) use the weapon's base damage to calculate the amount of damage dealt by the proc.

3 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

All damage-over-time status procs (Slash, Heat, Electricity, Toxin, Gas) use the weapon's base damage to calculate the amount of damage dealt by the proc.

To clarify, it uses base damage after serration/hornetstrike/etc, crit, bodypart multiplier, etc.  In other words, it uses all damage except elemental and mod-sourced IPS as the basis for damage.

3 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

The Centaur is better than the Prisma Veritux, having higher critical, higher attack speed, and no pause between the end of your melee combo and the start of another attack.

The Velocitus and Grattler are superior to the Imperator Vandal against slow-moving targets with high health, namely the Jordas Golem

8 hours ago, Sintag said:

Jordas Golem says hello.

Frankly, I've never, ever had any kind of issue with Jordas. Both solo and in team, my Imperator (before even I got the Vandal) tore him to shreds. The Velocitus has a hugetastic charge time while the Grattler takes far too long for me to get 'in the groove'. I can usually empty my entire Imperator's magazine on the Golem's back, just in time for it to move, helping me reload while I chase after it. Even in the Fomorian attacks, I preferred to use the Imperator -somehow, I always got more damage than when I was using my (equally forma'd) Grattler. As for Veritux; never had a pause between combos that was noticeable. I mean, most of the fights end with 1-2 slashes, then I zoom to the next enemy in range, resetting the combo. If I ever went beyond wave 5 in the Interception map, it might have shown, but I've never experienced any of those issues.

TL;DR: Archwing weapons need, if not buffing, at least some way to differentiate from each other. And Dual Decurion needs a buff, stat.

1 minute ago, Lyravain said:

Frankly, I've never, ever had any kind of issue with Jordas. Both solo and in team, my Imperator (before even I got the Vandal) tore him to shreds. The Velocitus has a hugetastic charge time while the Grattler takes far too long for me to get 'in the groove'. I can usually empty my entire Imperator's magazine on the Golem's back, just in time for it to move, helping me reload while I chase after it. Even in the Fomorian attacks, I preferred to use the Imperator -somehow, I always got more damage than when I was using my (equally forma'd) Grattler. As for Veritux; never had a pause between combos that was noticeable. I mean, most of the fights end with 1-2 slashes, then I zoom to the next enemy in range, resetting the combo. If I ever went beyond wave 5 in the Interception map, it might have shown, but I've never experienced any of those issues.

TL;DR: Archwing weapons need, if not buffing, at least some way to differentiate from each other. And Dual Decurion needs a buff, stat.

Never said the Imperator was bad against Jordas, I just said the Velocitus and Grattler are better. Maxed Shell Rush decreases the charge time of the Velocitus by 33%, which is rather noticeable, and the Grattler is capable of rather ridiculous damage output when fully modded and combined with the Odonata's Energy Shield.

I can't say anything about your experience, but I always found the combo delay on the (Prisma) Veritux pretty noticeable.

I very much agree that Archwing weapons need more differentiation. All of the Arch-Melee weapons don't really feel any different from each other, same with the hitscan automatic Arch-Guns. And the Dual Decurion really just needs to stop sucking.

Here's my suggestion:Status per second weapons needs a overhaul.All status per second weapons are really bad.

Next,do something about weapons that have insane building requirements but are really weak,Im talking to you AKjagara,Twin Basolk,Miter, and pathera.Seriosly the build requirements and power gained from some weapons don't match up,either lower the building requirements or buff the weapon.

Fix the secondary fire of some weapons, some of those weapons being Paracyst,Harkpak,etc.

Im not sure if this counts as a buff,but please do something about self damage on Launcher type weapons:

On 6/9/2016 at 4:46 AM, Pratigious said:

Here's my suggestion:Status per second weapons needs a overhaul.All status per second weapons are really bad.

Next,do something about weapons that have insane building requirements but are really weak,Im talking to you AKjagara,Twin Basolk,Miter, and Panthera. Seriously the build requirements and power gained from some weapons don't match up, either lower the building requirements or buff the weapon.

Fix the secondary fire of some weapons, some of those weapons being Paracyst,Harkpak,etc.

Paracyst and Harpak secondaries don't work with punch through, iirc. They don't dragline enemies and that could be incredibly useful if it was fixed to work that way. Each enemy hit should be able to be dragged along for the ride.

39 minutes ago, Vaskadar said:

Paracyst and Harpak secondaries don't work with punch through, iirc. They don't dragline enemies and that could be incredibly useful if it was fixed to work that way. Each enemy hit should be able to be dragged along for the ride.

Just tested this and can confirm that it has in fact been fixed. Even with Shred and Metal Auger both grapples work fine now.

5 hours ago, Paradoxbomb said:

Just tested this and can confirm that it has in fact been fixed. Even with Shred and Metal Auger both grapples work fine now.

That's good news, at least!

Harpak is still unwieldly to use.

2 hours ago, Vaskadar said:

That's good news, at least!

Harpak is still unwieldly to use.

Indeed. Removing the charge time alone would make a world of difference for the grapple, and maybe even adding a hint of soft lock-on like with Valkyr's Ripline (I mean considering Ancients and Scorpions are able to snare us with god-like accuracy, a bit of leeway with our own grapple weapons seems justified).

Most weapon are ONLY good to Level 30-50, an about half or less will make to to level 100 enemies of all type.

The point is, Damage 3.0, that all I can said, you must gather the TENNOS for a BIG SIGN in front of DE's face about how they should readjust the weapons of new and old so it fit into maybe the next big updates?

Well DE, we the community are hoping DE staffs are reading on posts and consider communities feedback.

Never leave us in the dark, because ashes will ensure. (Maybe that could be a parody in game, oh no).

1 hour ago, Paradoxbomb said:

Iconsidering Ancients and Scorpions are able to snare us with god-like accuracy, a bit of leeway with our own grapple weapons seems justified).

Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with grapples?  They lead their target but can easily be spoofed with practice.  it does not home and is not accurate at long ranges.  

I wish Latron series (especially Prime and Wraith) to be buffed someday.

Actually they are not that much bad guns, but somewhat mediocre now.

Latron Prime has 25% base status proc and Wraith has 20%,

but this is not that much good because they are semi-auto, have low firerate,

and even sub arms have much higher status proc and higher firerate, like Akstiletto Prime...so Latrons cannot be a good proc weapon.

Then how about their crit? we have great rifle named Dex Sybaris -surprising base crit, better firerate, higher base damage-,

It performs Latron's role and replace perfectly.

sooo...+5 base puncture damage and +5% base crit for Latron (each 15% total),

+5% base crit (would be 20%) for Latron Prime, +6.4 slash or puncture base damage for Wraith should be great,

though they cannot reach the Dex Sybaris even when buffed.

and I want new different shaped Latron skin. Latron Prime is little bit chubby, and other Latrons are just flat...

6 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with grapples?  They lead their target but can easily be spoofed with practice.  it does not home and is not accurate at long ranges.  

I'm not saying they're completely undodgable, it's actually fairly easy to roll and negate them so long as you actually have time to react. But you still have to acknowledge that they can get some pretty cheap shots in with those things (like when you bullet jump over them and still get pulled while you're behind them).

On 5/27/2016 at 4:10 PM, RazrOutlaw said:

Stradavar needs a buff, it's the weapon counterpart of Oberon, and the worst thing it's locked behind mastery rank 8

As a frequent Oberon user, I am... unhappy with this statement.

In any case, I have to agree with you on the fact that it's subpar - semi-auto modes exist on most automatic rifles (I think), that's no reason to make the rifle less effective.

5 hours ago, Paradoxbomb said:

I'm not saying they're completely undodgable, it's actually fairly easy to roll and negate them so long as you actually have time to react. But you still have to acknowledge that they can get some pretty cheap shots in with those things (like when you bullet jump over them and still get pulled while you're behind them).

Bullet jumping locks you into a restricted range of motion, so it makes it more likely that they will hit you if they target you at the start of its animation.  On the other hand, if you start your bullet jump after they fire, you can use it to evade the grapple.  It doesn't quite behave like other ranged attacks in terms of accuracy checks, but is pretty intuitive once you get the hang of it.  

I think WF should have more interactive, pace-changing AI features like this so that gameplay is less monotonous overall.  I can see why people might get frustrated with it at first, but I think the main problem people have with knockdowns is that they just refuse to acknowledge that counterplay is available and freely able to be integrated into your normal play; they would rather just bypass this facet of enemies (as they bypass pretty much every form of adversity in the game) with the usual mass CC, invisible/invisible/one-shotting cheese.

Edited by RealPandemonium

5 hours ago, AzyWng said:

As a frequent Oberon user, I am... unhappy with this statement.

In any case, I have to agree with you on the fact that it's subpar - semi-auto modes exist on most automatic rifles (I think), that's no reason to make the rifle less effective.

What I meant by making that statement was: Jack of all trades, master of none, considering it's locked behind mastery rank 8 (unlike Obi) you'd expect it performs at least like normal soma & normal latron (auto - semi auto) but no, it's sooo lackluster when comparing it to them.

1 minute ago, RazrOutlaw said:

What I meant by making that statement was: Jack of all trades, master of none, considering it's locked behind mastery rank 8 (unlike Obi) you'd expect it performs at least like normal soma & normal latron (auto - semi auto) but no, it's sooo lackluster when comparing it to them.

It's all right. Anyway, I have to say that the special mechanic of the Stradavar(ius?) is somewhat... Not great either.

Fire mode switch exists on a lot of rifles in real life, doesn't it?

1 minute ago, AzyWng said:

It's all right. Anyway, I have to say that the special mechanic of the Stradavar(ius?) is somewhat... Not great either.

Fire mode switch exists on a lot of rifles in real life, doesn't it?

Yeah it does, but since it was the first one introduced to the game with that mechanic, it was kinda hype (just kinda, since you can do it manually with auto rifles) but it just didn't live to it's spectations, shame though, the weapon model on it's gorgeous,

On 27/05/2016 at 7:30 AM, Darkwave1098 said:

The Buzlok comes to mind, amazing weapon with pitiful stats. (Seriously who thought it was a good idea to make it an IMPACT based weapon?)

The Synapse, I have 6 forma on it (Since the time it was amazing) and now it has just been overshadowed by it's corpus cousin.

The Flux Rifle, absolutely terrible in its current state.

The Sicarus Prime, might have been the first prime that didn't boast a marginal increase over the original. (Which is also one of my favourite sidearms, forma'd it 3 times and used it a lot)

Oh, and the Latron Prime. It's still my most used primary until today, but god it desperately needs a buff with how the game is currently pacing.

Regarding Buzlok, I think it is still ok, even though it is impact based.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/658524-stradavar-rework-idea/#comment-7388417