Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it true that excalibro's eb will get a nerf?

TyrannosauRayz

Question

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Excalibur:

Excalibur's rework made him an indisputable lethal force - a role he will continue to shine in, but now with more reasonable parameters on his Exalted Blade waves.

Exalted Blade’s damage will now diminish according to distance traveled and enemies punctured, and Exalted Blade’s built-in Radial Blind on spin will now cost ½ the Energy of a regular Radial Blind. Although Exalted Blade is a lot of fun, we feel that it completely overshadows all of Excalibur’s other abilities at little cost. The powerful range on Exalted Blade turned Excalibur into more of a turret than a swordsman. This change means that Exalted Blade is more effective when used in close range and using Radial Blind is now a calculated choice. The ability will simply become more engaging in all encounters.

He deserves it. Like valkyr trinitry ash and mirage who are the other frame that'll get tweaked/changed/nerfed.

(they deserve it so haaaaard)

looking for another frame to main :)

Well, not sure if it's true, but if you can't find a specific role, try Oberon (everyone saw it coming)

He has good offensive and supportive roles, and can be built to do either, or both

He's not for everyone, but he's a fun and decently balanced 'Frame if you wanna try him out

Edited by (XB1)SgtFunBun

If you really "main" him you should have no problem at all with the upcoming changes, since they will make him what he was supposed to be: a melee-focused warframe

Edited by Drufo

I hate to be that guy to say so, but you shouldn't be complaining about a nerf to a Press 4 To Win ability that is clearly overpowered and promotes cheese methods. You took advantage of the ability and invested in it being fully aware of how powerful it was and the likelihood of getting nerfed sometime down the line. Saryn's rework with the Miasma changes. And don't get your hopes up with Ivara either as i can see that getting the nerf hammer soon enough, her Artemis Bow is worse that Exalted Blade. It's faster to hit, demolishes groups with even more damage due to the multishot and you can replenish your energy with energy pads without recasting the ability.

If i may suggest anything, i suggest you experiment with other frames rather than maining the most powerful option you can find and cheesing everything, i believe i can speak for most people and say it's no fun when 1 player is killing everything and carrying you the entire time leaving you with nothing to do, Bladestorm Ash is the prime example of this. (yes i know this has a use for XP farming but XP gain is so slow in its current form that unless you do farm it it will take forever) 

Start with Saryn or a Limbo even (no i'm not joking), they both have a steep learning curve but can be very good frames. Hell i can outkill Bladestorm Ash players on Draco with Saryn and a Mutalist Cernos. And Limbo well while not for everybody, has a lot of potential if you play smart.

Excaliderp nerf? YES! YES! YES!

Spoiler

mlfw2181-13263075877881.gif

I am so sick and tired of Excalidurrs spamming EB endlessly from the second they spawn.

Here is an example of what I usually hear in 80% of the game with Excaliderps and it literally gives me a migraine. (Click to reveal):

Spoiler

*Players spawn in*

*Excalidork runs into a crate activates the autoclicker macro and starts to spam EB, while still running into the crate*

Excalidurr: SWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISH!
SWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISH!

Me: Uh, there aren't any  enemies, what are you-

Excaliderp: SWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISH!

Me: Oh come o-

Derp: SWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISH!

Me: OH COME ON!

Excalihurr-durr: SWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISH!

*20 minutes pass, I have muted the audio at 3 minute mark and the derp is still swinging at it*

Me: Are you there?

Excaliderp: SWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISHSWISH!

Me: Okay...

If I drop a squad early on, itis usually because of them. My ears can not tolerate it.

Right now Excalibur is the most ridiculously broken frame there is, because :
A) EB does not require line of sight and passes trough solid obstacles.
B) EB has a ten billion kilometer range.
C) Innate, free short duration Radial Blind slide attack.
D) The energy cost is negligible.
E) It deals ridiculous damage.
F) It requires absolutely no skill whatsoever to press 4 in the beginning of the mission, run behind a crate or a corner and spam melee (activate a keyboard macro) for the rest of the mission.

Despite of all these points most of the EB-Excaliderp players just plain SUCK when you get to higher level content. Because that is ALL they know how to do. Just walk around in circles and spam. It doesn't come as a surprise that they are usually the first ones to be incapacitated. They never learned to do anything else. Once in a blue moon you may see a Radial Blind from them, but that is because of the EB slide attack causing a short duration blind.

Excalibur EB should be nerfed to have:
A) LoS requirement (no spamming trough walls).
B) Short to medium range.
C) Much higher energy cost.
D) MAKE THAT EAR-GRATING, INFERNAL SWISHING NOISE STOP!

Or alternatively scrap EB completely as it is and just make it a channel-able  energy sword with a small damage multiplier and with the current energy cost.

TL;DR:

It is time to put an end to this "press 4 to win" n00bframe and make it actually require the players learn some actual skill.

Let the mighty nerf hammer smite the ungodly p4tw heathens!  Choke them, club them, snap their bloody necks, strip their flesh and make purses from it! Mwahahahah!

Spoiler

qt3thzvv.jpg

Edited by Teloch

Yes, Excalibur is being nerfed again. Its debatable if it is needed though some feel strongly that it is. This isn't the first time Excalibur has been nerfed and likely won't be the last; if you like Excalibur, you will just have to ride it out and hope that you can salvage it.

ever since the introduction of blood rush and body count ive been focusing on using natural melee then exalted blade, I only use it for burst dmg emergencies, sure it sucks not to be able to safely try and kill enemies far away when they get super dangerous but hey ill roll with the punches. 

(I wouldn't mind if there was compensation for the nerf though.)

1 minute ago, Drufo said:

If you really "main" him you should have no problem at all with the upcoming changes, since they will make him what he was supposed to be: a melee-focused warframe

^This. Says "main", easily leaves him for another warframe when he got nerfed. 

5 minutes ago, Drufo said:

What's happening with this thread? All the posts are misplaced O_O

That's what happen with the new "players helping players subforum", it's sorted by rating and note date. On the top right you can change this.

I've read fast and I can understand the part that they wanna make Excalibur a swordsman, but the spin cost energy now? Ok they wanna make it more tactical the blind but c'mon, I don't like it, call me a whiny fan boy but I don't like this part, they can even at least thinking about the other skill, RJ is good only for the low levels, i've use the Radial Blind so much like the Exalted and i've never use him like a turret, it's just a personal idea, so don't attack me cause I disagree to that part

Edited by AndrewScreamSoul

1 hour ago, Rostiel said:

The "nerf" will just force you to actually melee your enemies and not depend on the almighty energy waves from 40 meters away.

While behind a THICK wall.

Edited by achromos

35 minutes ago, iDEBz said:

I hate to be that guy to say so, but you shouldn't be complaining about a nerf to a Press 4 To Win ability that is clearly overpowered and promotes cheese methods. You took advantage of the ability and invested in it being fully aware of how powerful it was and the likelihood of getting nerfed sometime down the line. Saryn's rework with the Miasma changes. And don't get your hopes up with Ivara either as i can see that getting the nerf hammer soon enough, her Artemis Bow is worse that Exalted Blade. It's faster to hit, demolishes groups with even more damage due to the multishot and you can replenish your energy with energy pads without recasting the ability.

If i may suggest anything, i suggest you experiment with other frames rather than maining the most powerful option you can find and cheesing everything, i believe i can speak for most people and say it's no fun when 1 player is killing everything and carrying you the entire time leaving you with nothing to do, Bladestorm Ash is the prime example of this. (yes i know this has a use for XP farming but XP gain is so slow in its current form that unless you do farm it it will take forever) 

Start with Saryn or a Limbo even (no i'm not joking), they both have a steep learning curve but can be very good frames. Hell i can outkill Bladestorm Ash players on Draco with Saryn and a Mutalist Cernos. And Limbo well while not for everybody, has a lot of potential if you play smart.

The same could be said for Ivara's Artemis Bow as it does quite a bit more damage than Exalted Blade. Also the Exalted Blade waves were lower damage than the Exalted Blade itself, already encouraging melee if you wanted to actually hurt something. The slide mini blind wasn't even a full blind - it was a stagger - while nice and certainly useful at times, not a full radial blind and incapable of setting up sync-kills. Most of what we are looking at here is an attempt to shake up what many players here consider a metagame of popular and most used warframe abilities and trying to change what is considered a trivial gamestate. This however, doesn't look at why the field isn't covered in all rounders like Oberon; such warframes are not used because the game's current balance encourages using what some call 'cheesy' tactics because the game is imbalanced toward balanced builds and warframes.

Trinity, Nova, and Loki are the most sought after warframes for trials and many void and sortie missions in my experience since they can cover the varied annoyances of higher level fights while their moves still keep usefulness for larger ranges of enemy scaling. While it is true that these changes may end some of the 'cheesy' play, they will not change the situation that encourages it. I remember a player on region a while back that asked that if I thought Oberon was balanced, why no one generally succeeded or tried to use the warframe in Sorties and Trials by choice. I have used Oberon in those missions, but I can understand their complaints - its not fun to constantly be unable to hurt enemies with abilities, status, and be essentially self harming oneself compared to other warframe options.

1 hour ago, iDEBz said:

It's actually a tad irritating that he' going to be weakened after he was made actually more enjoyable to play. I've mained Excal since RJ was his final ans SJ was his third. Excal was a pretty enjoyable frame then and with the addition to EB, I actually find him so much more enjoyable to play with since before this massive rework for him, he was actually considered one of the worst frames in the game. So... No. Don't nerf him. Please? He's more fun now and it would be pretty screwy to those of us who don't "Press 4 to win" and instead deploy EB in a near death situation. (Doubt me? ask my clan) Excal is a starter frame and probably one of the better ones, is it really surprising that EB would be spammed? Just like Mags Pull is being spammed and Volts Speed is being spammed. But i notice it is only an issue when the players that like to lead in the KillCount area at the mission result screen...aren't actually leading. Not really fair for a nerf because your salty.

I think the changes are warranted. Valkyr was my "main" for quite a while, and that number 4 button made pretty much all other skills redundant. I haven't tried Excal, but I can imagine it having the same effect. I've been along for several mirage T4 Interception farms, and that blind is downright broken and silly.

Of course, it was "kinda fun" playing such a broken "push [X] to win" frame, but it wasn't really challenging nor did it feel rewarding. My best experiences and most fun moments from warframe have been situations where I was pushed to the limits and just barely survived, not moments when I felt like walking in a park.

4 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

So, your mad that Excal is no longer "Turret-Bur?"

Fine by me

I'm not mad. Well, eb will be nerf tomorrow. A high percentage of excal users will go down, cuz of the nerf. All i can say is. BLIND and RJ is the only useful skills that he owns now.