Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 18.13.0: TennoGen, Passives, & Reworks 

[DE]Megan

Just now, SilverFoxOokami said:

Lol at all the people crying over excal's 'nerf'. I honestly think it is better than what it was before, afterall he is ment for melee, not being a turret.

Indeed, Ecxal did not feel melee frame as i suppose he was meant to be so i played lot of blind Excal wit exalted as backup and i can say that it needed that range nerd, Excal needs to be melee focused frame.

49 minutes ago, _A_Illuminati_A_ said:

RE: Mirage: Have you ever tried playing T4int for more than 12 rounds laddie?

RE: Mag: Have you ever tried playing any endless corpus missions??????

What even are you?

Got to round 16 without a Mirage in a party. Got to Round 14 with a Hall of Mirrors Mirage. So no, Her blind effect is totally Unnecessary.

Endless missions are supposed to stop you when you have to cheese your way to survival.

Edited by DreadWarlock

Just now, [DE]Megan said:

•    Improved the fluidity of ‘Controller Aim Assist’. 

For this I thank you. Players who use mouse and keyboard don't know how bad and sticky it was but those who use controllers do and I am sure the console players would appreciate this even more than the PC ones.

Wow. I'm not the only one who's upset about this update, and it seems like both new and old players mostly agree this wasn't a great change.

The Passives
Honestly, DE, this was an extremely rude action on your behalf - you guys have asked for feedback on the passive abilities, and even opened up a couple of discussion threads for the community. Lots of players gave good critiques and suggestions, and I've seen some really great, well thought-out ideas that some very dedicated community members obviously have worked on for months. But then what happened? It appears you guys have read none of the feedback. Zip, nada, nothing. It feels like you guys created those discussion threads to placate us, and then proceeded to ignore everything.  And now, you have locked those 2 threads and opened up new threads only about Volt, Mag, Trinity, Mesa, Valkyr, and Excaliber with promises of "you to give us your honest and tested feedback on the revised and reworked abilities." 

But our question is - will you, DE, even consider our feedback?

Honestly, I feel it would have been better to stall the update, and then take the time to carefully read through the discussion threads. Maybe you could have made the passive abilities better rather than rushing ahead and angering many players. I know it is difficult to create new content, but you've asked the community to help you out with ideas. We did give lots of feedback, but the way you've dealt with this feels like a giant slap in the face.

The warframes

Oberon: I am honestly unsurprised at this point. Oberon has always been at the bottom of the "Important Things to Consider" list. His passive is embarrassingly useless, and from what I've read I'm not the only one upset about this. There were some good suggestions on different passives for Oberon - but as I've detailed above, you guys at DE have completed ignored player feedback.

Nyx: Her new passive does not synergize at all with her abilities. Chaos and Mind Control are considerably weakened by it. Stop making Nyx into Loki 2.0 by copy-pasting his abilities onto her, and don't try to make Loki similar to Nyx. It'd be really nice to have these two warframes unique from one another.

Limbo: DE, alright, this wasn't the worst passive you could've have given to Limbo, but if you've read the feedback maybe you could have found better ideas. Also, what about the massive amount of bugs attached to Limbo's abilities? It's fairly obvious he's not on the top of your priority list or one of your favorite frames, but it's been a while since anything's been done about the bugs.

Nekros: 10 metres for his passive ability - that's a very small range. Nekros usually won't be that close to enemies when he's killing them, or even that close to his teammates when they're killing enemies. His passive overall could have been thought on a bit more.

Mag: Her passive ability...is this some kind of placating joke? Please, there were so many good ideas in the feedback forums if you bothered to read them. Plus, what's up with the lack of scaling on Shield Polarize?

In regards to the other frames, I don't play them enough to give criticisms. Others have provided feedback, so it'd be good to check them out.

In regards to all the 'nice' alerts, it's kind of fairly obvious you're trying to placate us with bribes of potatoes and shiny trinkets. I'll take the taters and toys, but I'm still very unhappy with how this update turned out. I'm still hoping you guys will take player feedback more seriously, it's not too late to change things up.

Edited by POIKILO

My thoughts on the update.

Polarize was never meant to be a damaging ability, it was supposed to be used as a way to quickly get shields back when you're surrounded by enemies and taking heavy damage. In fact this ability just got a lot more useful, since it can also be used to restore nearby players' shields.

Magnetize (Bullet Attractor) got a lot more powerful, not only was the damage multiplier buffed, but it can also deal DoT to nearby enemies.

The other two abilities did the job back then, and it still does its job now, only Pull has the added benefit of generating energy orbs.

Excalibur has always been used as an OP turret frame, and with how draining abilities work, it is entirely possible to make it so that Excal can last practically forever on a single energy pool spamming EB. Forcing him to get close is a good move, though tweaking the base damage at melee range to be higher would round this out very nicely.

It never made sense for Trinity's Blessing or Mirage's Blind to have the reach that it does before the update. Get off your crutches and actually play the game.

The one criticism I agree with is Valkyr's Hysteria, but it isn't because of its nerf, it's because it never was a well-thought out ability to begin with. If you want to design an ability around berzerking, the ability has to reward the player for reckless hyperaggressive play and punish those for playing more carefully. I'll say this though, if you're playing as a Valkyr, and you NEED Hysteria to survive, then you aren't really a great player to begin with. I personally have rarely ever used Hysteria on my Valkyr, even when things start to get hectic, simply because her ridiculous armor makes a Rage+Lifestrike synergy work really well for her.

3 minutes ago, SirMajava said:

Indeed, Ecxal did not feel melee frame as i suppose he was meant to be so i played lot of blind Excal wit exalted as backup and i can say that it needed that range nerd, Excal needs to be melee focused frame.

Deffinetly, Excal is even better at the role he was ment to play than he was before, I'd rather leave Mesa's job to Mesa. I am overall very happy with this update.

6 minutes ago, POIKILO said:

Wow. I'm not the only one who's upset about this update, and it seems like both new and old players mostly agree this wasn't a great change.

The Passives
Honestly, DE, this was an extremely rude action on your behalf - you guys have asked for feedback on the passive abilities, and even opened up a couple of discussion threads for the community. Lots of players gave good critiques and suggestions, and I've seen some really great, well thought-out ideas that some very dedicated community members obviously have worked on for months. But then what happened? It appears you guys have read none of the feedback. Zip, nada, nothing. It feels like you guys created those discussion threads to placate us, and then proceeded to ignore everything.  And now, you have locked those 2 threads and opened up new threads only about Volt, Mag, Trinity, Mesa, Valkyr, and Excaliber with promises of "you to give us your honest and tested feedback on the revised and reworked abilities." 

Honestly, I feel it would have been better to stall the update, and then take the time to carefully read through the discussion threads. Maybe you could have made the passive abilities better rather than rushing ahead and angering many players. I know it is difficult to create new content, but you've asked the community to help you out with ideas. We did give lots of feedback, but the way you've dealt with this feels like a giant slap in the face.

The warframes

Oberon: I am honestly unsurprised at this point. Oberon has always been at the bottom of the "Important Things to Consider" list. His passive is embarrassingly useless, and from what I've read I'm not the only one upset about this. There were some good suggestions on different passives for Oberon - but as I've detailed above, you guys at DE have completed ignored player feedback.

Nyx: Her new passive does not synergize at all with her abilities. Chaos and Mind Control are considerably weakened by it. Stop making Nyx into Loki 2.0 by copy-pasting his abilities onto her, and don't try to make Loki similar to Nyx. It'd be really nice to have these two warframes unique from one another.

Limbo: DE, alright, this wasn't the worst passive you could've have given to Limbo, but if you've read the feedback maybe you could have found better ideas. Also, what about the massive amount of bugs attached to Limbo's abilities? It's fairly obvious he's not on the top of your priority list or one of your favorite frames, but it's been a while since anything's been done about the bugs.

Nekros: 10 metres for his passive ability - that's a very small range. Nekros usually won't be that close to enemies when he's killing them, or even that close to his teammates when they're killing enemies. His passive overall could have been thought on a bit more.

Mag: Her passive ability...is this some kind of placating joke? Please, there were so many good ideas in the feedback forums if you bothered to read them. Plus, what's up with the lack of scaling on Shield Polarize?

In regards to the other frames, I don't play them enough to give criticisms. Others have provided feedback, so it'd be good to check them out.

In regards to all the 'nice' alerts, it's kind of fairly obvious you're trying to placate us with bribes of potatoes and shiny trinkets. I'll take the taters and toys, but I'm still very unhappy with how this update turned out. I'm still hoping you guys will take player feedback more seriously, it's not too late to change things up.

A better passive for mag I can think of is have her shields by default replaced with corpus proto shields which are larger and take more hits. As for oberon, he needs a rework asap, SHOW US THAT HE'S THE KNIGHTFRAME! 

Ok I can understand this nerfs to avoid the "press 4 and kill" and I can live with the polarize M.prime style, but seriously. End game, do Devs test this changes on end game¿? with this RNG drops, raids, T4 and so on... we need damage and usefull skills. And better dont talk about this is a coop game, not a pvp "we need to balance the game" at least they separate the stats from pve and pvp, but they still nerf things on pve side. And the excuse from players that like this patch is that we are noobs and we have to "learn" how to play... Or better say, play how they want.

I dont want a "press 4 and die" warframe, but instead I want a warframe capable to stay at high levels and kill something. Yes we need help from other tennos, and there are players playing solo because they want. But the survivality of this game nerf after nerf its bad, really bad.

1 minute ago, POIKILO said:

The Passives

The warframes

Oberon: I am honestly unsurprised at this point. Oberon's always been at the bottom of the "Important Things to Consider" list. His passive is embarrassingly useless, and from what I've read I'm not the only one upset about this. There were some good suggestions on different passives for Oberon - but as I've detailed above, you guys at DE have completed ignored player feedback.

You guys are forgeting that Limbo is on the top of the list for possible reworks as mentioned in the current devstream, and also that they already intend to reduce grind. Oh and also Damage 3.0 is in the works.

And for heaven's sake, endless is not endgame, is you being cheap with your keys. 

28 minutes ago, SilverFoxOokami said:

Lol at all the people crying over excal's 'nerf'. I honestly think it is better than what it was before, afterall he is ment for melee, not being a turret.

How long have you been playing? Exalted Blade is what put him on the map. It seems like DE thinks giving him a good power TEMPORARILY is going to make people want to play him again. before his initial re-work, before Exalted Blade - NOBODY was playing Excal - he was voted the most useless frame over ad over again. nobody cares about that "he is supposed to be melee" bull - a knife throw is still considered melee. Also, this frame is EXCALIBUR, not Rodney the sword guy. Remember who Excalibur is in fairy tales? He isn't a normal person, and neither should this Warframe be. In any case, he is going back in the dustbin where he was before DE gave us all this false hope, so toodles to you and your happiness with it.

I'll say -people whine and cite how "unreal something is - in a game with a Fairy in it...

Edited by magusat999

Just now, magusat999 said:

How long have you been playing? Exalted Blade is what put him on the map. It seems like DE thinks giving him a good power TEMPORARILY is going to make people want to play him again. before his initial re-work, before Exalted Blade - NOBODY was playing Excal - he was voted the most useless frame over ad over again. nobody cares about that "he is supposed to be melee" bull - a knife throw is still considered melee. Also, this frame is EXCALIBUR, not Rodney the sword guy. Remember who Excalibur is in fairy tales? He isn't a normal person, and neither should this Warframe be. In any case, he is going back in the dustbin where he was before DE gave us all this false hope, so toodles to you and your happiness with it.

At endgame, CC presides over damage, and Excal excels at CC.

4 minutes ago, DreadWarlock said:

You guys are forgeting that Limbo is on the top of the list for possible reworks as mentioned in the current devstream, and also that they already intend to reduce grind. Oh and also Damage 3.0 is in the works.

And for heaven's sake, endless is not endgame, is you being cheap with your keys. 

I'm a bit confused, were you trying to reply to someone else? I never mentioned "endless" in my post, or anything about the grind or Damage 3.0. I never even said I was against those things? The one similarity between your reply and my post is Limbo - but even then, I don't have high hopes for DE reworking him. 

3 hours ago, -Specktra- said:

There seems to be a trouble using the TennoGen skins with nova prime
her left breastplate doesnt change at all instead of dissapear and shows up on all skins 

Look into this please DE? I would like those skins to at least work properly if you want us to buy them, also feels kinda disrespectful to the people who worked on them. 

7 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

I'll say -people whine and cite how "unreal something is - in a game with a Fairy in it...

Just because something has loose references doesn't mean it should follow that reference to the letter. This is Warframe's Excalibur. 

1 minute ago, POIKILO said:

I'm a bit confused, were you trying to reply to someone else? I never mentioned "endless" in my post, or anything about the grind or Damage 3.0. I never even said I was against those things? The one similarity between your reply and my post is Limbo - but even then, I don't have high hopes for DE reworking him. 

Limbo rework done right would be nice though, but i think Oberon needs rework more

20 minutes ago, POIKILO said:

The Passives

The warframes

I agree with you, they ignored player feedback when we were trying to prevent many of these passives from being implemented as they weakened or are just useless to the Warframes. Oberon's doesn't hurt him, but it's WAY too specific and situational, like it sounds nice especially with Kavats and everything, but there's not enough wildlife for it to be useful. Nyx, being the massive fanboy that I am for her and after testing the new passive, it weakened her 1st and 3rd! They're trying to make up for making Loki's Disarm like Nyx's Chaos, but all they are doing is making the two frames way too similar again. What's the point of having two frames with almost the exact same ability? It really weakened her Mind Control and Chaos and it upsets me so much because I saw this coming and so did everyone else, but they refused to listen. The one I am the most upset for me is Nyx, of course, because she is my favorite Warframe and I have over 70% playtime on her. I hope they listen to all the player feedback and actually understand that we know what is best for the Warframes we love and play constantly, we understand their strengths and weaknesses. I've played Nyx for so long that I know Disarming enemies hurts her more than it helps her. There are situations where it helps her, but those situations can be for any Warframe, such as almost dying and then all the enemies get disarmed. It hurts her abilities way too much, now it's hard to Mind Control an enemy especially after casting Chaos or especially after already Mind Controlling them. I know it's just a chance for her to disarm enemies, but I don't care if it is a 1% chance, it still hurts her. 

I think DE should make a clear statement on how they want their game to look when it is "perfect", have a long discussion with players in a form of polls and then stick to the plan. Because right now I fail to see any pattern in these nerfs and feel robbed of my time spent on warframes that become useless. This update doesn't adress the issue normal missions being too easy, while further punishing any attempts to have fun at higher levels, now by limiting team composition options.

Also, why DE tries to nerf any way to level up gear faster? Recently I've tried to farm focus on Ceres deception missions as I've done it when they introduced Second Dream, but it appears that DE heavily reduced enemy spawn rate, to the point that your focus gain buff wears off before you meet a second enemy. Now they are trying to nerf random team affinity farming on Draco.That won't keep me in the game longer. In fact, I think I might just stop playing for a while again.