The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Will U19 Come? I'll Tell You...

--RV--Meta

Before June 21st, more than likely.

Why that specific date, though, Mr. Meta-Personheadface?

Glad you asked, Other Other Barry, because that's the release date for the highly anticipated, several times delayed, very do-want No Man's Sky game.

Why should that matter, fam?

Well, it's a common strategy by frequently updated (and particularly for F2P model) games in attempting to retain and mitigate the loss of players for their title--when a big title is due to be released, the competing game(s) will try to push out a big load of new content just before that date in efforts to keep the attentions of their player-base (and their wallets).

But I'll still play Warframe even after NMS is released, and in fact I may not even be interested in that game~

Well congratulations, because it's a win-win for you and DE in that scenario. You get the new content (even if it's a little janky from being rushed out), and DE gets to keep your patronage.

What about the people who want to go play NMS more than they want to play U19 though?

Well, hopefully they won't miss out on any limited time content. That's another part of the attention retention strategy--to include at least some content in the update that will only be available for a short duration (usually for the few days around and following the release of the big title in the scenario).

Wow, Meta-senpai-san-chan-sama-kun, how do you know so much about gaming company business strategy?

That is what I do; I drink play games and I know things.

But wait, what if they release U19 AFTER NMS's release date?

Then Starscream will have failed me for the last time, again...and shall be summarily executed for his incompetence.

giphy.gif

Le Edit...

So it turns out that Starscream has failed me for the last time, again, and I've fired him into the Sun. May he fuel its raging fires for another hundred million years or so.

"Release date moved to August 9th, 2016" -No Man's Sky's Steam Store Page

So with that, DE has no pressure to release it before the 21st, and as such I'd say they'll just pop it out when they feel comfortable with it as opposed to rushing it by that date.

Chili Dawgz.

Edited by Meta_Nexus
Breaking News?

June 21st is kinda a far time away.

DE has always DElayed things, but with a update like this, I think it will take a week after.

I think it would be something along the lines of June 7th?

Edited by Magnulast
I ask too many questions.....I think.

12 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

June 21st is kinda a far time away.

DE has always DElayed things, but with a update like this, I think it will take a week after.

I think it would be something along the lines of June 7th?

Well I only said it would likely be before June 21st. Probably within a week or so before, for maximum attention retention attempt-tion (assuming that a driven individual would be able to grind through all the pertinent U19 content within a few days to a week).

welp im already not playing the game anymore, the updates dont appeal to me that much anymore to go back and play, even less to pay something (i already spent more than $300 in this game, dont regret anything :cool: ) when ill go back? who knows, theres the new deus ex game comming and im very pleased with dark souls 3 right now... anyway, DE would have the new big update when they finish it, not even asking to be polished , just finished, this is a beta after all.

just stop asking/guessing when its going to be ready cuz not even DE knows when its gonna be ready XD

I think, by the sudden silence - that DE was not planning to release it on it's "own independent release date" - but instead was trying to go head to head with other releases like No Man's Sky - but went hush hush mode when a delay was announced. Now they don't want to say anything, even though they really should give us an explanation of why it hasn't been released to quell the speculation. Evey time I heard about this, since last month, it has been "coming" in one to two weeks... hasn't happened yet.

5 minutes ago, Varacal said:

didnt they say that parts of u19 will be discussed in tennocon, and thats in july, so i dont think it'll be june 21

54 minutes ago, Aratir said:

And No man's sky will be delayed to september next....

Its official release date right now is august 9-10-12 in us-eu-uk.

IF those statements are true, then Starscream failed and must perish.

Looking at NMS's store page, it still says "June 21st in about 3 weeks" though, and I'd ask for your source on DEvs saying they'll be discussing U19 at TennoCon, but even then, they might be discussing content they've already released at that point.

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

"It's on this date because of one specific anticipated game"

Yeah, nah.

They've done it many times before already, enough for it not to be a coincidence.

7 minutes ago, Meta_Nexus said:

IF those statements are true, then Starscream failed and must perish.

Looking at NMS's store page, it still says "June 21st in about 3 weeks" though, and I'd ask for your source on DEvs saying they'll be discussing U19 at TennoCon, but even then, they might be discussing content they've already released at that point.

They've done it many times before already, enough for it not to be a coincidence.

All good points, all around

Meta is right

13 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

"It's on this date because of one specific anticipated game"

Yeah, nah.

it is a well known fact MMO's and such do this.

The Division And Elite Dangerous (just to name a few)  released their updates a day or two before Overwatch's release most likely for that exact reason, to give a recent example. 

Also Tera, another top 10 F2P Steam game, released their major update a week before that too.

Edited by Atlas.0-5

That sort of makes sense, but it's a strategy that's kind of questionable for Warframe as a lot of people will play a new patch for a month or so and then take a break while waiting for the next big thing.