Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop Part 4: Hotfix 18.13.2 information & more!

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, AntoineFlemming said:

While it's nice to see Mastery Rank have more of an effect on the game, imo it is pointless without reworking how mastery points are gained. You should gain mastery for time spent playing game, not just for maxing out weapons, frames, sentinels, archwings, etc. Look at the profile stats page. Look at all those statistics. That's what should earn you mastery points, not just maxing out items that you might consider "mastery fodder."

Example:

LHq2D9.png

Point being, I don't think it's best to start changing what Mastery Rank influences when you haven't changed how Mastery Rank is gained.

so someone can just go afk all the time and earn mastery?  breh

5 minutes ago, Archwizard said:

But... that defeats the point of the Forma change in the first place.

The Forma change was supposed to come about due to the burnout players faced when leveling up new gear, because they had to level up the equipment from Rank 0 to Rank 30 over and over every time they used a Forma, which pushed people towards using loot caves like Draco to exponentially accelerate the standard leveling process.
Now in terms of burnout, you still have to, but leveling just has no effect for you for the first [MR] levels. Yes, you'll level a bit faster due to the stronger equipment being able to kill stronger enemies, but people running Draco will still be leveling faster (since now their Rank 0 equipment can equip Serration, encouraging them to fight Rank 40+ enemies) than people who used the normal progression path.

They've also said they'll nerf the amount of affinity you gain for weapons you don't actively use. I imagine they gave us the buff part of this change first so that the salt from the nerf part doesn't poison the earth and turn the planet into an uninhabitable wasteland.

Besides, if people go to Draco and actually shoot enemies with their weapons, that's still a massive improvement from the current situation.

Edited by motorfirebox

3 minutes ago, AntoineFlemming said:

While it's nice to see Mastery Rank have more of an effect on the game, imo it is pointless without reworking how mastery points are gained. You should gain mastery for time spent playing game, not just for maxing out weapons, frames, sentinels, archwings, etc. Look at the profile stats page. Look at all those statistics. That's what should earn you mastery points, not just maxing out items that you might consider "mastery fodder."

Example:

LHq2D9.png

Point being, I don't think it's best to start changing what Mastery Rank influences when you haven't changed how Mastery Rank is gained.

ALL of this. Guys. Rework MR completely from the ground up. Seperate it from affinity. Reset everyone's MR to 0 afterwards (with grandfather clause). After it sits for a while and you guys KNOW it works- THEN take your time to figure out what should be MR locked where and make forma/MR change. Until MR isn't cheesable just like the stuff you're nerfing- it shouldn't be relied on for anything. If it means nothing (And it DOES mean nothing because of Draco- NO ONE can honestly deny that) then it shouldn't even be given the time of day as a system for other things.

Just now, motorfirebox said:

They've also said they'll nerf the amount of affinity you gain for weapons you don't actively use. I imagine they gave us the buff part of this change first so that the salt from the nerf part doesn't poison the earth and turn the planet into an uninhabitable wasteland.

I don't mind that part so much. When I get a new weapon, I prefer to see how it feels when I decide whether or not I want to keep it.

What I mind is that they were saying players would have their equipment go up based on their MR. I could understand if they didn't want players to eventually get to MR30 and just sell equipment for affinity the instant they bought or built it, but they could have just limited the change to Forma (rather than unranked gear) and accomplished exactly what they intended.

also interms of passives i like oberons hes a rad frame so his damage is meg agenst any oher faction but graneir and graneir corupted so his pasive is usless in void but agenst drak and hyeka its fine AI is buggy as hell but i like it. intemrs of nyx she has a good passive but the problem is its not a passive its a side effect of her abilitys same for chroma and to some extent limbo (unless baneshed by another limbo which is more rare then a reinforced) with chroma is more of a side effect of his abilitys not a passive but thats how i see it as for loki don't like it but thats because i think it would have been better on a spider theme frame. hydroid still testing but if it takes damage mods its fine (passive not frame, hes till hot garbage fun but garbage) but as for me with passives im fine with the rest exept nyx chroma and limbo because they arn't passives to me just parts of there abilitys. as for abylitys can mag have a polarize be percentage based again you dont' nerf the power of something then put it in a higher power slot and then buff somethign and put it in a lower power slot. i like the changes but the scaling and strnegth is giveing me head problems and deal with bad spelling and grammer muhahahah.

How to improve this Update:

Valkyr - Just remove the aura and make her lost invincibility gradually with each dmg she take.( And put a cooldown to recharge the invincibility)

Trinity - Remove the range limit and leave her as she is now. (Reduce Bless duration too if need)

Excalibur - Remove the damn energy cost from slide attack while in EB.

Mag - Make Polarize dmg escale again at the point to not kill a entire room even with the max strenght.(The blast dmg  will only affect the right numbers of enemies).

Mesa - Buff energy drain from Pacemaker.

Chroma - Buff energy drain from Effigy and reduce the stun duration.

Mirage - Is ok.

Limbo/Hydroid - Is up to you. You can't make them worst they're certainly.

Edited by The.Truth

1 hour ago, LysanderasD said:

You aren't getting free levels. Every player still gets level from 0 to 30 even after forma.

It's just that gear will never have a capacity lower than your MR, even at rank 0.

not doubt you just double checking was that actually stated or is this your assumption?

22 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Starting Mod Capacity Changes:

When Hotfix 18.13.2 launches, the starting Mod Capacity for your gear (new or Forma'd) is now determined by your Mastery Rank and if an item has an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst installed.

For example, a Mastery 20 player would experience the following:

• Claim a new Warframe from the Foundry with no Reactor installed.
  • Observe the 'Unranked' item and see the starting the Mod capacity is 20.
  • Install a Reactor, observe the Mod capacity has doubled to 40.

This is determined by the following:

Starting Mod Capacity = Mastery Rank (if Orokin Reactor/Catalyst installed: x2).

The cap on capacity remains unchanged.

Please note this is a slight deviation of our discussions on how Mastery Rank will reflect gear level, but by affecting capacity it fundamentally enables you to use Mods the moment you get your hands on new gear or Forma an item. Have fun!

You can nerf Trinity and Valkyr into the ground if your going to be giving us changes like this!!!! Thank You!!!

22 hours ago, Fifield said:

Nowadays I can literally aim roughly at the floor with a Sonicor and everything dies.

The elite units are fine but the grunts need a serious HP buff.

i dont think its the grunts who need the HP buff, its the part where you can aim at the floor and wipe them out, idk about assault rifles but Bows definitely need a benefit to use, when you can shoot at the floor and deal as much damage to a group of enemies as i with my Bow taking careful aim at an enemy's face (9/10 cant get headshots with the back of their head), and that is me killing one enemy, 2 or 3 if they lined up for me, there is something wrong with that,  i have a Dread with a full Crit build and i get upset when i watch my ally out damage me with his tonkor,

35 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

ALL of this. Guys. Rework MR completely from the ground up. Seperate it from affinity. Reset everyone's MR to 0 afterwards (with grandfather clause). After it sits for a while and you guys KNOW it works- THEN take your time to figure out what should be MR locked where and make forma/MR change. Until MR isn't cheesable just like the stuff you're nerfing- it shouldn't be relied on for anything. If it means nothing (And it DOES mean nothing because of Draco- NO ONE can honestly deny that) then it shouldn't even be given the time of day as a system for other things.

I'll point out that resetting everybody's MR to 0 would cause more salt than possibly imaginable.

UNLESS, say I'm MR14 and my favorite gun is the Vaykor Hek. When I'm reset to MR0, by default I can still use Vaykor Hek because I WAS above MR12. That's the only way I can see the reset being acceptable.

Same would have to go for things like the Simulacrum's max enemy level. People who like to test things at that level shouldn't have to work from the ground up and grind for weeks to be able to test things at that level again.

39 minutes ago, LZWilde said:

What this implementation changes? It changes nothing. OK, you put that serration and what now? You still go to Draco, you still mooch of affinity. You still need to 0-30 weapon to put another forma. Nothing.

All these "we are listening guys, you see we are implementing things and stuff" seems like an distraction from bigger problem, just to douse flames. All these hastily decisions will bite you in the &#! and already you have more than enough biters on.

Two steps forward, three steps back.

This has to be coming from someone who doesn't forma or isn't high enough to see how good this change is to quality of life. Using the mentioned example and applying what you stated, you either had to do something horribly wrong or you don't understand how mods work. This change allows for you to forma a weapon faster (unless you just leech as it is). Serration only after using a forma? What? Only on someone who's under mastery rank 4? If you fuse your forma properly Serration would only take 7 capacity, applying that to someone who's mastery rank 20 that's only 7/40 of the capacity they start off with. With just a few polarity slots and being Mastery 11+ you can have Serration, Heavy Caliber, and Split Chamber at mastery rank 20 and further along you can even go as far as to toss on point strike and vital sense, or high voltage, malignant force, and thermite rounds. You probably at that point will not be smooching, you can pretty much go where you please with an unranked weapon and depending on your mastery level no one would care.

4 minutes ago, 1deed1 said:

Wait, so that means leveling stuff up past 30-(Your Mastery Rank) is means nothing?

I think you will gain the remaining capacity points only after your frame/weapon reaches the level of your MR. SO if ou're for example MR15, your gear will have 15 (30 if with a potatoe) capacity points until it is level 15.

Edited by MalGeffen

Just now, Legion216 said:

30 is the highest possible mastery rank.

Yes I know this. maybe I should explain myself further.

For example, I am MR 17. since:

3 minutes ago, 1deed1 said:

The cap on capacity remains unchanged.

that means that the cap is still 30 on non potato'd stuff and 60 on potato'd stuff. So once my weapons are level 13 (30-17), they will be at max mod capacity (30 or 60). Leveling after that should mean nothing, since the cap is still 30 or 60, right?

Thank you DE for listening to the community. These are pretty good changes that I think most people can live with. The only thing I would very much like to see is a second look at mags polarize. It can't even kill level 12 enemies and certainly isn't worth the increased energy of the 3rd slot. So that means it's relatively expensive, isn't very useful at low levels and has virtually no scaling. Doesn't seem worth it to use at any point. 

1 minute ago, 1deed1 said:

that means that the cap is still 30 on non potato'd stuff and 60 on potato'd stuff. So once my weapons are level 13 (30-17), they will be at max mod capacity (30 or 60). Leveling after that should mean nothing, since the cap is still 30 or 60, right?

No, your gun will remain at 17 cap points until it reaches level 17, then it"ll start gaining further capacity again.,

Just now, 1deed1 said:

I think the gain in capacity only starts after the weapon exceeds your mastery rank

43 minutes ago, Archwizard said:

I don't mind that part so much. When I get a new weapon, I prefer to see how it feels when I decide whether or not I want to keep it.

What I mind is that they were saying players would have their equipment go up based on their MR. I could understand if they didn't want players to eventually get to MR30 and just sell equipment for affinity the instant they bought or built it, but they could have just limited the change to Forma (rather than unranked gear) and accomplished exactly what they intended.

Eh, you'd still get Draco that way, too, even if it's just to rank the weapon up the first time. I don't personally have a preference between giving levels based on MR versus just giving mod capacity; I don't do Draco anymore, so the important part to me it's that I can actually start using new weapons in regular content right away, instead of having to keep it holstered for a few missions.

1 minute ago, MalGeffen said:

No, your gun will remain at 17 cap points until it reaches level 17, then it"ll start gaining further capacity again.,

That makes sense, but is a little disappointing since I'll have to level it up 17 times before being able to mod it some more.

I have found that something that was changed almost a year ago actually wasn't changed. Loki's dissarm used to only effect infested. but then they changed it around when the augments were released. I come to find out that this isn't the case. Please help me by making my power strength loki a viable option.