Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop Part 4: Hotfix 18.13.2 information & more!

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, Djego27 said:

It will start at 32(16), basically you never have to level the first 16 levels of a weapon/frame again and will just level from your new starting point(what is your MR rating) to 30 and have your 60 mod points with a catalyst\reactor like it is now.

This is not so. Read it again.

You start with mod capacity equal to your mastery rank; your weapons and warframes will still start at/be returned to rank 0.

Just now, DapperMasquerade said:

Yah missed my point, I don't want to use a Hysteria build, The nerf didn't even stop people from perma Hysteria-ing, but it DID pretty much eliminate it as an option on my build, as it drain my energy in 20 some odd seconds. 

So the nerf didn't hurt ult spammers, but if #*($%%@ people who in-and-out Warcry build, which wasn't even the point of the nerf in the first place

Em... how changes to hysteria mess up with warcry builds? Warcry doen't drain any energy, you just cast it and with aug you pretty much have perma buff, and you still have that "ouu hek" button that calld hysteria.

The change to weapon capacity will have zero effect at reducing Draco. Draco is the most effecient place to farm affinity. The changes to weapon capacity does nothing to lower the amount of affinity needed to level a weapon. Therefore people will still run Draco because it's the fastest way to level a weapon.

The problem is not a weapon capacity issue, it is affinity gain rate issue. Other missions come no where near giving the same amount of affinity. So while having more capacity in the weapon means you can take it with you to other missions, those other mission do not give enough affinity, so players will just go back to Draco.

21 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Starting Mod Capacity Changes:

When Hotfix 18.13.2 launches, the starting Mod Capacity for your gear (new or Forma'd) is now determined by your Mastery Rank and if an item has an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst installed.

For example, a Mastery 20 player would experience the following:

• Claim a new Warframe from the Foundry with no Reactor installed.
  • Observe the 'Unranked' item and see the starting the Mod capacity is 20.
  • Install a Reactor, observe the Mod capacity has doubled to 40.

This is determined by the following:

Starting Mod Capacity = Mastery Rank (if Orokin Reactor/Catalyst installed: x2).

The cap on capacity remains unchanged.

Please note this is a slight deviation of our discussions on how Mastery Rank will reflect gear level, but by affecting capacity it fundamentally enables you to use Mods the moment you get your hands on new gear or Forma an item. Have fun!

I honestly like this idea with regards to forma, but I think it makes zero sense to do this with freshly built weapons/frames.  

It makes sense that if you forma something you have already used that  you would still have a level or affinity towards it because of previous experience.  But as to a completely new item, that doesn't make sense. 

1 minute ago, LysanderasD said:

This is not so. Read it again.

You start with mod capacity equal to your mastery rank; your weapons and warframes will still start at/be returned to rank 0.

I just did, it just means that you have to also level the first levels again while already having the mod points. DE always tries her best in her "we want to reduce the grind!" motto. I guess full success again.

You guys really have to do something about nullifiers and Ancients.
They are the top-tier cheesy enemies in the game.

As for the MR modpoints thing. Perfect.
It doesn't change MR gain, it doesn't effect the ability to sell weapons, and it even works on brand new gear. I love it as is.
For the love of God, just don't nerf affinity gain to compensate

Edit: Just realized that Forma does not reset the weapon LEVEL to your MR....bummer. But still a QoL improvement nonetheless.

Edited by (PS4)SupeBoss

18 minutes ago, -CM-Hekovashi said:

Em... how changes to hysteria mess up with warcry builds? Warcry doen't drain any energy, you just cast it and with aug you pretty much have perma buff, and you still have that "ouu hek" button that calld hysteria.

Since my build is meant for using melee weapons+warcry I use survivabily mods (vitality, AA, steel fiber), as a result, If I want the most powerstrength out of my buff (which since im not invincible all the time, I do) I don't really have room to slot eff/dur mods, in fact, I have 60% eff while maintaining 100% dur, with the changes made to Hysteria, the drain ramp up hits 15 a seconds REALLY fast, making it so my Hysteria drains my entire energy pool in seconds, effectively making it useless, given that its already gimped by BC+BR. My build wasn't the target of the nerf, it was just a victim, of a problem they didn't even fix, since people still ult-spam with her.

I'd like to be able to use her ult for more than a few seconds without losing all my energy, im not even asking that they revert the changes, just make adjustments to not screw builds that weren't the target over so bad, the aura change didnt do anything, cuz my hysteria drains ALL my energy before the aura even hits max range

Edited by DapperMasquerade

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Just a bit more information for everyone comin' in hot here. Rejoice!

Bye bye Dracoville. No longer do I have to carry leeches on Draco with un modded weapons.

trinity: Blessing: Damage Resistance is no longer calculated based on an Average, but instead a flat value simply capped at 75% (which can be achieved via use of Strength mods). We are working on making the squad UI show who is in range with the Tenno Affinity markers, it might not be ready for 18.13.2.

its too small DR, and yes please remove range for blessing

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Just a bit more information for everyone comin' in hot here. Rejoice!

Will we automatically get the Mastery points for those "skipped" levels that contribute to our Mastery Rank?

Edited by Minion135

5 minutes ago, Minion135 said:

So do we automatically get the Mastery points for those "skipped" levels that contribute to our Mastery Exp?

You aren't getting free levels. Every player still gets level from 0 to 30 even after forma.

It's just that gear will never have a capacity lower than your MR, even at rank 0.

1 minute ago, LysanderasD said:

You aren't getting free levels. Every player still gets level from 0 to 30 even after forma.

It's just that gear will never have a capacity lower than your MR, even at rank 0.

Ohhh okay. Thanks. :D

These balancing and system changing updates have gotten me more excited for this game than anything else has in years. We have enough weapons, mods, levels, features, etc. I want the game we have to be challenging, intense, and rewarding! I'm tired of thoughtlessly mowing through everything just to get to the next drop. I want this game to be FUN again!

Keep going DE! Make this game the masterpiece it's always deserved to be!!!

The biggest issue is enemy armor, because the health scales and the armor scales, and both combine together to make huge EHP. Shielded enemies don't have that problem because it is simply additive and has a way of bypass through toxin damage. If that sort of thing is addressed then we are in good shape.

I like the Hysteria tweak. It rewards people for using her and not just standing there and tanking. It is very fair. The Trinity tweak seems fair too and much less complicated.

ALSO....DE....SEEKERS. Reverse the pistol and bomb damage. Their pistol does a crap ton of damage for absolutely no reason and their bomb barely scratches my shield for equally no reason.

Edited by R34LM

Enemy Plasma Grenades:

Might want to look into this too. Not exactly my idea of fun combat.

Today's Sortie 2 - almost constantly full of Sapping Ospreys, Mine Ospreys, and room filling Multi-Nullifiers:

03T1aFA.png

wpxWqYZ.png

basNFw1.png

4 hours ago, HarlequinSocks said:

Good god no. Does no-one think about new players or those looking to level weapons and frame OUTSIDE of Draco? you want to START void t1 at lvl 40 effectively making void end game content? Jesus. I get older players want challenges, but making a game that already has issues for new players even harder is ridiculous.

tower missions were meant to be difficult to begin with a long time ago.  go run apollodorus sir.

21 hours ago, giantconch said:

How about frost globes and volt shields actually being able to block the explosions and flames?

i thought that volts shield blocked bombard rockets now i was in the simulacrum and that was the first thing i tested when the update came out and i didn't take any damage and i know i didn't because otherwise the bombard would 1 shot me.

Also for simulacrum can we have the ability to spawn enemys in a disarmed state please

22 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

When Hotfix 18.13.2 launches, the starting Mod Capacity for your gear (new or Forma'd) is now determined by your Mastery Rank and if an item has an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst installed.

Mastery Rank will reflect gear level, but by affecting capacity it fundamentally enables you to use Mods the moment you get your hands on new gear or Forma an item. Have fun!

But... that defeats the point of the Forma change in the first place.

The Forma change was supposed to come about due to the burnout players faced when leveling up new gear, because they had to level up the equipment from Rank 0 to Rank 30 over and over every time they used a Forma, which pushed people towards using loot caves like Draco to exponentially accelerate the standard leveling process.
Now in terms of burnout, you still have to, but leveling just has no effect for you for the first [MR] levels. Yes, you'll level a bit faster due to the stronger equipment being able to kill stronger enemies, but people running Draco will still be leveling faster (since now their Rank 0 equipment can equip Serration, encouraging them to fight Rank 40+ enemies) than people who used the normal progression path.

While it is nice to see that DE understands that at a certain level anything that's not 75% DR backed by QT is paper, I was hoping Blessing would get some other useful duration based QoL buff i.e. proc immunity, CC immunity or a chance to ignore one down per cast. A different healer frame could become the team DR supplier since Trin still has EV to be useful.

21 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

Yep. They listened to the whining fools and ruined the PERFECT trinity change they made. It's over. You guys either need to stop listening to these people or this game is going to end up dying because of them. People are going to complain because they've become entitled and lazy and don't actually want to play your game. These people's opinions should not be listened to. I'm not going to stick around long enough to watch that happen, it's too sad to watch your favorite game die.

this.

While it's nice to see Mastery Rank have more of an effect on the game, imo it is pointless without reworking how mastery points are gained. You should gain mastery for time spent playing game, not just for maxing out weapons, frames, sentinels, archwings, etc. Look at the profile stats page. Look at all those statistics. That's what should earn you mastery points, not just maxing out items that you might consider "mastery fodder."

Example:

LHq2D9.png

Point being, I don't think it's best to start changing what Mastery Rank influences when you haven't changed how Mastery Rank is gained.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

June 1 Update:

Here comes another Update on Hotfix 18.13.2.

For example, a Mastery 20 player would experience the following:

• Claim a new Warframe from the Foundry with no Reactor installed.
  • Observe the 'Unranked' item and see the starting the Mod capacity is 20.
  • Install a Reactor, observe the Mod capacity has doubled to 40.

This is determined by the following:

Starting Mod Capacity = Mastery Rank (if Orokin Reactor/Catalyst installed: x2).

The cap on capacity remains unchanged.

Please note this is a slight deviation of our discussions on how Mastery Rank will reflect gear level, but by affecting capacity it fundamentally enables you to use Mods the moment you get your hands on new gear or Forma an item. Have fun!

What this implementation changes? It changes nothing. OK, you put that serration and what now? You still go to Draco, you still mooch of affinity. You still need to 0-30 weapon to put another forma. Nothing.

All these "we are listening guys, you see we are implementing things and stuff" seems like an distraction from bigger problem, just to douse flames. All these hastily decisions will bite you in the &#! and already you have more than enough biters on.

Two steps forward, three steps back.