Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

IMPORTANCE OF SCANS

98Octane

1 hour ago, 98Octane said:

yes i did the same thing and i want a bobble head statue for that feat :D so i can decorate my landing craft.
DE can make it craft-able like after you scanned something fully, if u want u can make a statue of it (small one) and place in landing craft or even dojo if u want.

All am saying there should some recognition for people like us who sat in missions for hours so that they can scan a mob without thinking of time:plat:ducat ratio :)

The reward is a nice, tidy, completed codex. If thats not enough for you, you need more OCD in your life.

Edited by chaotea

10 hours ago, 98Octane said:

Man dont remind me that, the manic bombard scans were pain, hehe. 

And permanent highlighting can be good, but then it would i guess defeat the purpose like if u can see rare crates in red once u scanned them all :)

I scanned manic bombards during the event so long ago, i think i got a stealth scan once and have 4/3 scans :3

Same with the kavats, the inaros quest lets you scan all the kavats with codex getting you over the needed amount of scans XD

normal scan completion shouldnt give bonus, going over scan completion should add something like slight affinity bonus.

27 minutes ago, SharkPot said:

When somebody asks you where this new even mod drops, which hasn't even been updated on wiki, What do you do?? You got to your codex and find out. Thus scan the world.

Except the codex is a mishmash of information not connected together or its simply not complete. You may know its name, you may have all the enemies that drop it scanned. You cant just type it in search if you don't own it yourself. You still have to sort through the ones you don't have to find it on the list. But then it wont even show what missions reward it. Like moon spys have high noon. Chat or wiki will only tell you that. Drift mods have not been updated to at least say moon vaults. Corrupt mods at least have the decency to say orokin vaults. You cant even see what syndicates mods do what as the mods say ??????, great, thanks Codex, then you have to file though the syndicate stores. There are no links between mod codex and enemy codex. I cant just one click the mod a enemy drops in codex and be taken to mod codex and list who else may drop it. After a half hour or less of a patch being live, the wiki has been updated. DE cant compete on the user friendliness of wiki.

Edited by Firetempest

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/06/2016 at 3:07 AM, _jorgi_ said:

iT'S actually faster just to go to wiki and read it.

I agree scanning is pretty useless now, it doesn't benefit the player with any key factors. Simulcrum is optional for some of us who just want to test something. But it really takes a bit to much to just be able to test ....

IMHO scanning should give the player at least the info on the level as we see on wiki, or even something more.

I know that wiki is not official and some info is datamined, guessed, etc but DE didn't give new players enough guidance (on intermediate and high level) so they way of scanning could be a good way to introduce more details on game environment.

It's obviously good to have the wiki but i think it's pretty bad for the fame that without wiki most players are lost for good after initial introduction to the game.

Some of us simply never use wiki. Scanning reveals full drop table, linked to mod codex too, elemental weaknesses, allows helios to put sonar weakspots on enemies, allows spawning of enemies in simulacrum. Could use a lore entry for each enemy though.

6 hours ago, 98Octane said:

ya but by the time u get rep by simaris tokens i guess all mobs are scanned anyways

Only if you manually scan or use Helios to scan, neither of which is just going to happen automatically with zero player decision making.

While we are on the topic of scans there several enemies I'm missing & I've looked all over for them I know the ones I'm listing are on Uranus but what nodes  is where I'm having issues as I been everywhere &can't find email.

Plus the very last enemy I list I know is in the moon spy mission but my question is where? As I've looked all over for them & never see them & I even run solo for these ones 

I'm searching for the following enemies on Uranus plz direct me to the right node & mission 

They are

Derker Heavy Gunner eximus

Derker Bastilla Eximus 

Derker Scorpion Eximus 

& I know this one on moon spy but I have never been able to spot them where in the spy rooms are these 

Orokin Sensor Regulator guys if you scroll to the codex & put it to name there the very last ones in the group there only located in moon spy on earth

Plz help as there the ones I need to complete my codex scans 

Outside of rare corpus & Orokin Containers Vs Regular Reinforced which I still need to complete scans for but problem is they never spawn I wish DE would make them appear more often then I'd have 100% complete codex after the things I listed are found plz help thx

37 minutes ago, (PS4)ChiefsFury1984 said:

While we are on the topic of scans there several enemies I'm missing & I've looked all over for them I know the ones I'm listing are on Uranus but what nodes  is where I'm having issues as I been everywhere &can't find email.

Plus the very last enemy I list I know is in the moon spy mission but my question is where? As I've looked all over for them & never see them & I even run solo for these ones 

I'm searching for the following enemies on Uranus plz direct me to the right node & mission 

They are

Derker Heavy Gunner eximus

Derker Bastilla Eximus 

Derker Scorpion Eximus 

& I know this one on moon spy but I have never been able to spot them where in the spy rooms are these 

Orokin Sensor Regulator guys if you scroll to the codex & put it to name there the very last ones in the group there only located in moon spy on earth

For the drekar, doing uranus defense is pretty good. Normally eximus appear on the 5th waves. Outside of that, look for sorties that have eximus modifier for any uranus tile.

For the orokin sensory, there are 2 vaults have them:

1. The one where u need to wall-latch on the left. Aka the one you have to hit an orb to start the vault.

2. The one you need to go through a small ice hall to reach the console.

Both the standard and eximus spawn in the same place so u just need to be lucky. Maybe later I'll upload a detail map for the location for you.

Edited by 321agemo

5 hours ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

Derelict sabotage - decent spawn chance. 

Better than lobber crawler eximus, only in non endless Eris missions, specifically capture and exterminate, and more rare than an ice cream pooping unicorn. 

Really, derelict sabotage :/. I have literally never played that mission even once lol.

58 minutes ago, Ghogiel said:

Really, derelict sabotage :/. I have literally never played that mission even once lol.

Really. Nauseous crawler eximus usually spawn after you kill bosses and return to the derelict through the portal, but I've seen them spawn early in the mission too. They spawn on Eris too, but very rarely. 

On 6/1/2016 at 8:48 AM, 98Octane said:

Well I still consider myself noob in this game, but i realized there is no direct profit from scanning targets other than simaris scans.

What if, with each scan (for example juggernauts scans reqd 5/5) there is a higher chance of uncommon and rare drops, since each scan reveals more about the target.

Also i thought of causing more damage to enemy with each successful scans but we do have a mod for that.

Would love to know what the community thinks, as there is very little incentive right now for scanning each and every mob and objects in game. And may be, who knows DE might implement that if we have a positive feedback for this. 

thanx all

hakuna matata

Well, there is the affinity you get from scanning enemies. Which is somewhat worthwhile when going for stealth scans.

Ages back on the devstreams, there was much talk about getting a target fully scanned would unlock damage bonuses, boosts to crit rate, weak spots, additional drops, etc.

Just another forgotten mechanic that the devs forgot about.

Remember the unlockable lore entries for scan target enemies where the entire community would have to chip in?

On 6/2/2016 at 4:11 AM, 321agemo said:

Honestly scanning has multiple benefits already:

- knowing enemy stats and weakness

- Mod drop locations

- Location of enemies

- identify weak points (using helios mod)

- Lore elements.

That being said, i wouldnt mind having some kind of innate bonus, like +5~10% additional affinity on completed entires.

One huge benefit for me would be to make the Cephalon Suda syandana glow permanently on full codex. Is that too much to ask :s 

11 hours ago, (PS4)ChiefsFury1984 said:

i do hope u mean these things:

OrokinShieldDroneAvatar.png

anyway, this is where they are located in spy vaults:

ciamOlG.jpg

aWBSxLr.jpg