Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will I get banned if I give mods to my friend?

heizi_maoyu

Question

My friend is just rank 5, he can't get to Pluto to trade with void trader this time, so I decided to give some primed mods to him, and he will return me the ducats next time void trader come.

So here comes the question, will this be a form of offline trading? will this get me banned? I mean, I give him a primed mod and he give me some rubbish mod, that value is pretty much imbalanced, I'm somehow quite worried now.

17 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, heizi_maoyu said:

My friend is just rank 5, he can't get to Pluto to trade with void trader this time, so I decided to give some primed mods to him, and he will return me the ducats next time void trader come.

So here comes the question, will this be a form of offline trading? will this get me banned? I mean, I give him a primed mod and he give me some rubbish mod, that value is pretty much imbalanced, I'm somehow quite worried now.

You can trade your friend whatever you want. As far as I know the system has never flagged anyone for an "unfair deal". People have been giving away mods and other things in return for like an ammo drum or whatever for ages when gifting stuff to friends/clannies. You didn't do anything wrong don't worry about it. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

You can trade your friend whatever you want. As far as I know the system has never flagged anyone for an "unfair deal". People have been giving away mods and other things in return for like an ammo drum or whatever for ages. You didn't do anything wrong don't worry about it. 

Just now, Telluric said:

Of course not!! I do this a lot with friends of mine; you are free to trade whatever you wish as long as it's in the parameters of the established items available to trade!! :)

Thanks bro !!!!! 

That kind of trade is done all the time, and very frequently -- it'd only be a potential issue if you two weren't friends, and still doing the whole "they'll make up for the ducats later" thing. That usually falls under trading for promises, which DE does not do anything about, should you get scammed.

In short: you're fine. Go ahead and trade.

Just now, Vargras said:

That kind of trade is done all the time, and very frequently -- it'd only be a potential issue if you two weren't friends, and still doing the whole "they'll make up for the ducats later" thing. That usually falls under trading for promises, which DE does not do anything about, should you get scammed.

In short: you're fine. Go ahead and trade.

This is a good point. The only thing to keep in mind would be that if his friend decided to renege on the deal, DE would not do anything about it. They don't enforce trades for future promises as you said, so he would have to accept that he basically gave his friend a primed mod(s). If his friend is honest and trustworthy though then he has nothing to worry about.  

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

This is a good point. The only thing to keep in mind would be that if his friend decided to renege on the deal, DE would not do anything about it. They don't enforce trades for future promises as you said, so he would have to accept that he basically gave his friend a primed mod(s). If his friend is honest and trustworthy though then he has nothing to worry about.  

thanks!

No because IIRC the trade cannot go through unless osmething is offered in return. Ask for a trick mag. Everyone needs more trick mags. Mod Value is in the eye of the beholder. I help out my friend the same way. It would only be considered real world trading or offline if IRL money was being exchanged.

I wouldnt worry about it. One of my other friends when he still played would get a stance mod or something and then lend it to me for a trick mag to test it out. Then we would return the mods to each other. Was doing that for months so i doubt youll have an issue.

The game can be brutal in the mod dept. when starting out. I just wanted to help my friend not be so behind. Nothing wrong with that.

You can give away any item you want.

Unless it is huge pile of plat.
I'd be careful with such handouts, there were some rumors about such trades being flagged (as possible gold-seller?) and resulting in problems for recipent. Though as I said, just rumors, third if not fifth hand information. Nothing certain, but still.

Also, congratulations to your friend. I made my first million long after hitting mr10. Those credits just won't stay in my pocket.

Edited by 5HV3N

36 minutes ago, heizi_maoyu said:

Primed mods cost 1,000,000 credits to trade so I would recommend you to get him there and do the missions with him to unlock the relay so that he doesnt need to waste credits (and he probably doesnt have that much)

It does not matter if its unfair,it also goes with platinum and stuff,my friend game me 100 plat for a regular fusion core cause i needed to buy some warframe slots so you will not get banned even if you trade platinum with someone for a crappy mod.

Edited by Thunderbird889