Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma vs Nullifier vs Bombard vs Heavy Gunner Eximus

(PSN)SupeBoss

Please diesregard my pitiful lack of scans ^^^ I live in shame everyday. In fact, the only reason I have most of these enemies scanned is because of Helios....but i digress....

Poor Chroma here is my favorite Warframe. Fit my playstyle perfectly. He can rek the face of any enemy in the game with ease when built right (and after 6 forma).
However, there is one that he can't own. A boss? Miniboss? Heavy Unit? 

Nope. A common unit. 
A common unit that starts spawning like lancers after level 35. The *^&%^$ nullifier.
It takes away my buffs, it can one/two shot me in seconds....just....etc.
I've probably submitted 200+ posts in this forum BEGGING for nullifiers to be removed for at least 30 legitimate reasons, so I won't get into that again (but probably will).

So since they're still here (and are still getting buffed), let's talk strategy. I can't be the only Chroma main in here, right?
How do you guys deal with nullifiers? Here are the only tactics that I know of. They don't really have a counter for me to exploit. Am I missing something?

1. Bullet hose to shoot down the bubble - I love the Akstilleto Prime, so this works for me.....but by the time I shoot one down, there are two more coming into view. Plus, they have aimbot at further distances, and can't hit s*** when you're in the bubble. THEY ARE DESIGNED TO LURE YOU INTO THE BUBBLE SO YOU LOSE BUFFS.
  2. Run into bubble then re-buff. Ugh. I hate it. I lose my buffs, I probably don't have enough energy to recast. I can't take damage from Rage to replinish at higher levels, because I'll die instantly. It's just too risky with Chroma
  3. Glaive - *vomits*
  4. Hack away at the bubble with Orthos until it pops. works until they go all Usain Bolt and charge at you for NO REASON just to get you in the bubble.
  5. Naramon. Most effective....but completely boring. I can use an unranked Banshee and be just as effective. Plus, I'm fairly certain that nullies will get yet another buff to dispel shadow step at some point.

Please tell me that there is something under the radar that I can use to deal with these bandaid enemies. I'm tired of having to cheese just to play at challenging levels with my favorite frame.

The Stalker should be the only unit in this game that can cancel buffs. All the other BS that nullifiers have going for them....I'd be somewhat okay if they didnt take away my active buffs. They'd still be completely broken, but I would at least be able to play a corpus mission here and there.

There's a weapon augment planned for the Miter that will have a 95% chance to 1-hit destroy a nullifier bubble. Aside from all the things you've already mentioned, I'd start throwing 5 or 6 forma into the Miter so it's actually decent when the mod arrives.

The only counter i know to nullifiers is team work. If your using a self buffing frame it helps to have a team mate who can enter there bubbles and take them out.

Example: Pre nerf Volt could speed boost his team when he entered the bubble eveyone lost there buff but if a speed boosted frost entered the bubble instead everyone would keep the buff and frost could quickly melee the enemy to death.

3 minutes ago, Leahzar said:

There's a weapon augment planned for the Miter that will have a 95% chance to 1-hit destroy a nullifier bubble. Aside from all the things you've already mentioned, I'd start throwing 5 or 6 forma into the Miter so it's actually decent when the mod arrives.

I pray that doesn't happen. Them making an entire bandaid mod, just for a common enemy is basically saying "it's here to stay"

PS4 Tenno:

on the other hand, if the mod does come out with no nullifier rework- I'll be giving away all my maxed primed mods and goodies on the forums. So be on the lookout for when/if that mod hits console. Makes no sense to spend all that money on the game and have it rot. Only requirement will be 5 ammo drums, so stock up

5 minutes ago, (PS4)SwagSmasha said:

The only counter i know to nullifiers is team work. If your using a self buffing frame it helps to have a team mate who can enter there bubbles and take them out.

Example: Pre nerf Volt could speed boost his team when he entered the bubble eveyone lost there buff but if a speed boosted frost entered the bubble instead everyone would keep the buff and frost could quickly melee the enemy to death.

Yeah. It just sucks that the brute force tank frame has to run away and let his teammates take care of it

13 minutes ago, Leahzar said:

Who the hell wants to use the miter? Or a band aid mod for a weapon that goes highly underused? If I'm going an hour+ into t4s or anything else, the last thing I'm going to bring is the miter.

I'm astounded chroma went down in 2 hits to a level 135 nullifier.... like really.... My one can run through a hour and a half/2 hour survival, without going below 3 digits of health against numerous things with a general build (like, a none vex armour focused build), so its amazing to see him go down in 2 hits like that.

3 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

I'm astounded chroma went down in 2 hits to a level 135 nullifier.... like really.... My one can run through a hour and a half/2 hour survival, without going below 3 digits of health against numerous things with a general build (like, a none vex armour focused build), so its amazing to see him go down in 2 hits like that.

Yep. Didn't know they did so much damage until I kept randomly getting one-shot in the void. I thought it was a stray bombard rocket every time. Nope. 

Aimbot Lanka from 50m

36 minutes ago, (PS4)SupeBoss said:

#

5 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

Interested in what builds you guys are using and what slots have been forma'd.

11 minutes ago, Naith said:

Interested in what builds you guys are using and what slots have been forma'd.

I'm using an Ice Chroma with 5 Forma

D Aura+Blank Exilus
2 D, 2 Dash, 1 V

Using Rejuvination, Coaction Drift, Primed Flow, Streamline, Narrow Minded, Vitality, Intensify, Fleeting Expertise, Primed Continuity, Vigor

All mods are maxed. This makes use of Effigy, Vex armour and E-ward (more for solo survivability, but thats why Effigy is there, to cause distraction and some bonus damage).

Couldn't you just switch to "Ice" element to deflect the Nufflier shots and survive, as well with many other enemy's?

Just wondering

Well I just tested, and it seems I would only survive 3 shots, but sense I had the medi-ray on it was around 4-5 shots.

Edited by Monsterwithin

Sadly I can't help you with your chroma build, but I do want to say that i disagree with removing nullifiers. They are great enemies that give more variety to the enemies. Thanks to them, not all enemies are just bullet sponges. In fact, we need more enemies like nulifiers and scrambus. Then we could move away from the power creep and skill might matter.

I usually deal with the nuliifier bubbles using melee on high level missions, but seeing your chroma goes down so fast and depends on self-buffs, might not be your option.

If you don't stack up your buff yourself or off of other enemies first, then the Nullifier gets the first shot on you for free without your defenses up.  You'd have survived a lot longer if you'd taken damage from some other source first.

That being said, I don't at all approve of the existence of Nullifiers and would curse their existence up and down these forums if they weren't censored to an embarrassing extent.  So I'm just going to post a lot of asterisks instead and we can all use our imaginations together.  **** those ***** *** ************ ***** ******* ******** with a curling iron up their ****** ****** *******.

26 minutes ago, Rociel said:

Sadly I can't help you with your chroma build, but I do want to say that i disagree with removing nullifiers. They are great enemies that give more variety to the enemies. Thanks to them, not all enemies are just bullet sponges. In fact, we need more enemies like nulifiers and scrambus. Then we could move away from the power creep and skill might matter.

I usually deal with the nuliifier bubbles using melee on high level missions, but seeing your chroma goes down so fast and depends on self-buffs, might not be your option.

Nullifiers do add enemy variety, I'll give you that. However they do need either a complete rework or removed, as they don't add but a band-aid to the game and the fact that they 2 shot a chroma? that just proves they need a rework more then they already do.

Here's some math for you to think over. A chroma running a maxxed steel fiber and an armored agility has a combined total of 892.5 armor, which is 74.84% damage reduction. Now, thats not including the effect of vex armor + Ice elem ward. With a maxed Steel Fiber and Intensify Scorn will increase Chroma's total armor to a maximum of 3344.25 armor.... Now I want you to think of this, Valkyr's MAX armor with a maxxed steel fiber and armored agility is 1530, giving her a total of 83.61% damage reduction.

Chroma maxxed for armor has double what valkyr does, if you watch the video you can see that he hits max scorn stacks which is the armor multiplier, so if we assume he's running a max armor build he's at 3344.25 armor after taking the first shot from the nullifier and still has 172 HP left after it.....he has OVER 90% damage reduction and the second shot still kills him where the bombardier was only doing about 20-ish damage at that point.

EDIT: with 3344.25 armor, his damage reduction is 91.76% btw, meaning he ONLY takes 8.24% of the total damage. Edit: also, at 172hp with maxxed armor before he took that last hit, his effective health due to armor is 2087.38

Edited by Kuari
Added total damage reduction with max armor/ also added effective health

54 minutes ago, TheGuyverOne said:

Who the hell wants to use the miter? Or a band aid mod for a weapon that goes highly underused? If I'm going an hour+ into t4s or anything else, the last thing I'm going to bring is the miter.

i totally agree with u wen u put terminal velocity. will accelartion.fanged f....3 elements... no space for augment

Are you using quick thinking? chroma can reach 3000 armor or more and has a very good energy pool, QT takes armor into account, i use it on my chroma and it gives you a lot of EHP, it will probably help you survive against nullifier shots.

22 minutes ago, Rociel said:

Maybe not removed but like with the Ancients and Eximus units and heavier units, their frequency in spawning should be reduced to balance it out somewhat.

They really do end up just being spammed. You deal with one and oh look another one is already there or on his way. It's ridiculous. Especially when they are bullet sponges.

Edited by Naith

Corpus units are all effective versus armored targets. Doesn't matter if it's a nullifier or a crewmen. Armor is just not as effective against them, not even closely as effective, as against other factions.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that Nullifiers have the lowest health of any enemy unit. I seriously think Grineer Regulators might have slightly more health than these things. They're made of wet paper being blown in a hurricane. Personally speaking, I don't have issues with Nullies, but I also don't play Chroma so I can't really feel your pain too explicitly. But if you're going up against dudes where Nullies are gonna be present, you need to  bring a weapon explicitly for them. There is no tactic you can use, only preparedness. A Radiation Mara Detron (or just detron) used to be my go-to for them. Irradiating nearby enemies would get the Nully's attention fixated elsewhere while stripping the bubble down.

Or you can be a maniac and bullet jump directly into them, spamming a Symulor's primary and secondary fire repeatedly as you do to force-stun everything around the Nully, and killing it in about 2-3 force-popped shots. Has yet to ever fail me... as Oberon, that is. ;p

30 minutes ago, Naith said:

You deal with one and oh look another one is already there or on his way. It's ridiculous. Especially when they are bullet sponges.

Uh, I really hope that was in reference to the ancients/heavy units you mentioned. I'm almost positive you meant them... and not the Nullifiers who have like five hit points and two shields at level four thousand.

24 minutes ago, DiosGX said:

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that Nullifiers have the lowest health of any enemy unit. I seriously think Grineer Regulators might have slightly more health than these things. They're made of wet paper being blown in a hurricane. Personally speaking, I don't have issues with Nullies, but I also don't play Chroma so I can't really feel your pain too explicitly. But if you're going up against dudes where Nullies are gonna be present, you need to  bring a weapon explicitly for them. There is no tactic you can use, only preparedness. A Radiation Mara Detron (or just detron) used to be my go-to for them. Irradiating nearby enemies would get the Nully's attention fixated elsewhere while stripping the bubble down.

Or you can be a maniac and bullet jump directly into them, spamming a Symulor's primary and secondary fire repeatedly as you do to force-stun everything around the Nully, and killing it in about 2-3 force-popped shots. Has yet to ever fail me... as Oberon, that is. ;p

Uh, I really hope that was in reference to the ancients/heavy units you mentioned. I'm almost positive you meant them... and not the Nullifiers who have like five hit points and two shields at level four thousand.

Bullet sponges were definitely in relation to the other units I mentioned. However, my point about the frequency of spawns applies to nullifiers as well. Ancients are more of the issue though. Especially when hiding in multiple bubbles with heavies and/or eximus', man the carnage.

Edited by Naith