Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Landing Craft Mysteries

Vidsurfer555

Ever since the I've played the Second Dream, The question "How really big is the liset (landing craft)?" has been in the back of my mind but was buried under the massive revelations of the Second dream. Now I know that the liset has expanded its interior and will continue to expand with the soon to be released "The War Within" as evidenced with the infestation inside my ship. Also the release on the other landing craft and the scaling to the liset made me postulate that the landing craft is not the one where the tenno resides. Rather it is more like a delivery system for the warframes and arch-wings in the field. Now the tenno resides in a kind of a hub or relay (mother ship if you will) and that is the interior we, the players are seeing 

After going down the ramp, you find yourself in the Orbiter, which is a huge ship the Tenno and everything we've got resides.

The landing craft is, in fact, what simply delivers us to missions and etc.

warframe__tenno_carrier_by_sbigham-d8gmb

Edited by ElGuirrix
Added concept image of the Orbiter

2 minutes ago, ElGuirrix said:

After going down the ramp, you find yourself in the Orbiter, which is a huge ship the Tenno and everything we've got resides.

This, Also If you want to know what our full ship looks like... well here you go... 

http://pre05.deviantart.net/9ffd/th/pre/f/2015/034/1/b/warframe__tenno_carrier_by_sbigham-d8gmbmg.jpg

The Lander is the little speck on the nose highlighted in blue. The rest is the Orbiter. The overall design of the nose is likely different now internally to accept the custom landers. They had a animation of the Liset returning and docking to the Orbiter but have yet to add it likely due to the new custom landers problem.

Edited by Firetempest

There is so much to the Orbiter we still don't know about.

If it is indeed to the scale shown in comparison to the Liset, and referring to the size of the Orbiter as we know of it now with the Transference room and whatnot. What we know at the moment, is that the portion of the Orbiter we see, is a very small percentage of it. Who knows what lurks beneath, deeper into the ships depths.

Will be cool to see. U19 will likely expand on this aspect of the game, showing us more of the Orbiter, and perhaps introducing Kavats as a means to rid the Infestation from them.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

43 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

There is so much to the Orbiter we still don't know about.

If it is indeed to the scale shown in comparison to the Liset, and referring to the size of the Orbiter as we know of it now with the Transference room and whatnot. What we know at the moment, is that the portion of the Orbiter we see, is a very small percentage of it. Who knows what lurks beneath, deeper into the ships depths.

Will be cool to see. U19 will likely expand on this aspect of the game, showing us more of the Orbiter, and perhaps introducing Kavats as a means to rid the Infestation from them.

That might be a big part of what some of the U19 quest is about. "The War Within" may, at least in part, refer to the conflict that could be happening inside the rest of the Orbiter, and the eventual resolution of said conflict.

1 minute ago, Meta_Nexus said:

That might be a big part of what some of the U19 quest is about. "The War Within" may, at least in part, refer to the conflict that could be happening inside the rest of the Orbiter, and the eventual resolution of said conflict.

Yes, I agree. It very well may happen that way.

I didn't think that's what the quest title was referring to exactly. But we will see soon enough

I'm excited.

Orbiter hmmmm... There is one problem. Now before the start of the mission we can see other players landing cratfs behind window. And they can see us in our landing crafts too. But we should be still in Orbiter right? Or not? I'm confused...

1 minute ago, Hesyol said:

Orbiter hmmmm... There is one problem. Now before the start of the mission we can see other players landing cratfs behind window. And they can see us in our landing crafts too. But we should be still in Orbiter right? Or not? I'm confused...

thats something on its own... i think it shows the other warframes, already ready to rumble, just waiting for you to descide where to and not everyone still prepairing.

6 minutes ago, Hesyol said:

Aw snap.

44 minutes ago, Hesyol said:

Its like this: YOU are the main character of the story, from your POV, your teammates are ready and waiting for you.

Edited by Venom-Snake

9 hours ago, ElGuirrix said:

This

10 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

Its like this: YOU are the main character of the story, from your POV, your teammates are ready and waiting for you.

Also this. You see this kind of thing with the quests as well.

1 hour ago, Venom-Snake said:

But same could be said for any of them. We have some splitting reality issues here...

1 minute ago, Hesyol said:

But same could be said for any of them. We have some splitting reality issues here...

True, but like many MMOs, Warframe operates under the assumption that you are the special one from your point of view. From their point of view it is the other way around.

Just now, Hesyol said:

Yeah, that's probably what most of people think anyway

It's a weird thing that a lot of multiplayer games and MMOs do, but really it's one of the only things that can be done to address the idea of "The Chosen One" while preserving that the other players also exist.

8 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

It's a weird thing that a lot of multiplayer games and MMOs do, but really it's one of the only things that can be done to address the idea of "The Chosen One" while preserving that the other players also exist.

15 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

True, but like many MMOs, Warframe operates under the assumption that you are the special one from your point of view. From their point of view it is the other way around.

The odd thing there is, I'd genuinely rather have it that my character is some random Tenno. Not the Chosen One. Not the special warrior whom the narrative bends around. Just another survivor of the 10-0, turned from child to killing machine, marooned at the far end of time.

Pipe dream time!

I really, truly hope that we get more Operator customisation. Not just cosmetics but genuine character stuff, especially voice packs. So far as I am concerned, my Tenno is not a plucky kid mech pilot. He was. Once. Then he got brainwashed. I want my operator to speak and show signs that he thinks like the ninja master that an entire lifetime of projection into a war platform has made him.

That's the reasonable end of what I'd like.

The unreasonable end? The really wildly unreasonable end, which DE wouldn't find it remotely practical to do? For reasons which are both limitations of programming and developer attention, and also because a lot of players of players would squeal like little piggies who have seen the butcher knife? Hah! How about this:

Full blown multiple choice past, presented in a mini-flashback, slide show/comic book style, a bit like the catch up sequences at the start of Mass Effect games.Maybe make it accessible as part of a Quest about recovering lost memories. Make a couple of choices about who you were on the Zariman, about what you did during the War, etc. Attach small mechanical effects to your decisions, but make it a choice between them. For instance, were you a weapon instructor/blademaster? Or a craftsman and artificer for your clan? Were you a bodyguard, or an assassin? That's four options, make a decision, and you can only pick one. Make your choice.

Depending on your choice, gain a permanent bennie, and only ever one.

a) Weapon instructor or blademaster? Permanent slight reduction in Affinity costs to level up weapons (but not Warframes). Maybe 10%.

b) Artificer? Permanent reduction in build times for items in your Foundry, between 20% and 40%?

c) Assassin? Permanent bonus 5% Affinity for stealth kills?

d) Bodyguard? Permanent bonus to Shared Affinity? Quite a small bonus, just a couple of percent?

Going further: 

Which campaigns and plot events have you fought in, and on whose side?

Offer players a list of potential events which they could have taken part in, but not enough 'Yes' options to just say "I was involved in everything".

All the way up to The Second Dream, and then hit players with the following question:

"What role did you play in the Second Dream Quest?

- Were you The One? The Tenno who was closest, the one whom the Lotus mobilised to track the Stalker? Did you fight him on the Moon and in your Orbiter?

- Did you take part in the rescue operation afterwards, directly involved in the mass extraction of newly awakened Operators from the Moon?

- Did you fly interference in Earth orbit as part of the Archwing squadrons?

- Did you fight off Hunhow's fragments to make sure that the rescue operation could proceed?"

It would be beyond cool if giving different answers meant that you ended up with different stuff from the Quest. For instance, if you fought in the orbital battle to keep the Grineer out of the rescue operation, get an untradeable Badge and an untradeable Archwing weapon variant....but don't get the Broken-War sword.

Yeah, I know. Completely unworkable.

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

The odd thing there is, I'd genuinely rather have it that my character is some random Tenno. Not the Chosen One. Not the special warrior whom the narrative bends around. Just another survivor of the 10-0, turned from child to killing machine, marooned at the far end of time.

Pipe dream time!

I really, truly hope that we get more Operator customisation. Not just cosmetics but genuine character stuff, especially voice packs. So far as I am concerned, my Tenno is not a plucky kid mech pilot. He was. Once. Then he got brainwashed. I want my operator to speak and show signs that he thinks like the ninja master that an entire lifetime of projection into a war platform has made him.

That's the reasonable end of what I'd like.

The unreasonable end? The really wildly unreasonable end, which DE wouldn't find it remotely practical to do? For reasons which are both limitations of programming and developer attention, and also because a lot of players of players would squeal like little piggies who have seen the butcher knife? Hah! How about this:

Full blown multiple choice past, presented in a mini-flashback, slide show/comic book style, a bit like the catch up sequences at the start of Mass Effect games.Maybe make it accessible as part of a Quest about recovering lost memories. Make a couple of choices about who you were on the Zariman, about what you did during the War, etc. Attach small mechanical effects to your decisions, but make it a choice between them. For instance, were you a weapon instructor/blademaster? Or a craftsman and artificer for your clan? Were you a bodyguard, or an assassin? That's four options, make a decision, and you can only pick one. Make your choice.

Depending on your choice, gain a permanent bennie, and only ever one.

a) Weapon instructor or blademaster? Permanent slight reduction in Affinity costs to level up weapons (but not Warframes). Maybe 10%.

b) Artificer? Permanent reduction in build times for items in your Foundry, between 20% and 40%?

c) Assassin? Permanent bonus 5% Affinity for stealth kills?

d) Bodyguard? Permanent bonus to Shared Affinity? Quite a small bonus, just a couple of percent?

Going further: 

Which campaigns and plot events have you fought in, and on whose side?

Offer players a list of potential events which they could have taken part in, but not enough 'Yes' options to just say "I was involved in everything".

All the way up to The Second Dream, and then hit players with the following question:

"What role did you play in the Second Dream Quest?

- Were you The One? The Tenno who was closest, the one whom the Lotus mobilised to track the Stalker? Did you fight him on the Moon and in your Orbiter?

- Did you take part in the rescue operation afterwards, directly involved in the mass extraction of newly awakened Operators from the Moon?

- Did you fly interference in Earth orbit as part of the Archwing squadrons?

- Did you fight off Hunhow's fragments to make sure that the rescue operation could proceed?"

It would be beyond cool if giving different answers meant that you ended up with different stuff from the Quest. For instance, if you fought in the orbital battle to keep the Grineer out of the rescue operation, get an untradeable Badge and an untradeable Archwing weapon variant....but don't get the Broken-War sword.

Yeah, I know. Completely unworkable.

That would be great. I keep hearing the operator saying things like "the grineer were builders once", and "i remember these monsters from long ago", "the Corpus are just like the Orokin" etc, it'd be great to have some flashbacks to provide more info. 

If the part of the ship where the window is, is actually the Liset, then how do we get to the rotating door on the bottom?

Also, if you didn't know, you can actually see Orbiters flying over the relays in the skybox.  They are pretty small, but they do match the picture everyone has been posting in this thread.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)MAveric215 said:

If the part of the ship where the window is, is actually the Liset, then how do we get to the rotating door on the bottom?

Also, if you didn't know, you can actually see Orbiters flying over the relays in the skybox.  They are pretty small, but they do match the picture everyone has been posting in this thread.

Maybe there is a seamless hatch around there somewhere. Or the Orbiter slides our insertion airlock inward and replaces it with the ramp.

The Orbiter can also be seen on the moon.

9O5CPLc.jpg

Orbiter is the Yellow hologram trailing the corpus ship in Blue. Yet there is a strange Green satellite way off in a different orbit. Don't know if that was meant to be the tower that originally locked the moon in the void.

5 hours ago, Hesyol said:

I believe that Ordis has told us at random points that he keeps the orbiter cloaked within the Void. Whether or not it's invisible, or you are warped into the hidden Orbiter as it stays in the Void is another question. I believe it's the former.

45 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Maybe there is a seamless hatch around there somewhere. Or the Orbiter slides our insertion airlock inward and replaces it with the ramp.

The Orbiter can also be seen on the moon.

9O5CPLc.jpg

Orbiter is the Yellow hologram trailing the corpus ship in Blue. Yet there is a strange Green satellite way off in a different orbit. Don't know if that was meant to be the tower that originally locked the moon in the void.

Holy crap that's cool.  Yo, I love how there are so many small details like this in the game.  I'd assume the green thing is a Grineer ship, but it doesn't exactly look like a Galleon.