Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this Good build for Frost ? - its supposed to be Snow Globe build.

RedkryplV2

Question

So i was little bit playing in Warframe Builder and this is what i tried idk if someone else did it sooner but that doesnt matter anyway Is it good build ? or is there better one ?

Link on build- http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Frost/t_30_1320240230_1-5-10-5-1-5-6-4-5-8-8-5-12-2-10-19-3-10-411-7-10-481-6-10-615-0-5_615-5-5-5-12-8-19-14-6-6-1-7-481-14-411-8-8-14-f-f_20/en/1-0-7/0 

Hp-285

Shield cap-1110

Shield rec-70.50s

Power-425

Armor-705

sprint spe-0.9

--------------------------------------

Power Str- +199%

Knock res- +30%

Power eff- -25%

Power dur- -27.50%

Energy reg- +0.6%

Yeah, it's pretty good.
This would be more for annihilating everything with Ice Wave and Avalanche, but the Globe would be fairly durable. Some of it might be a little excessive but won't necessarily hurt anything. But I like power strength builds.

Edited by Camelslayer

Idk tho if i should play on deffences missions like even valkyr bcs i rly like her abillities but idk if she is good in deffences too i would rather play her like but i dont have any good build on her just like the frame :)

1) Remove blind rage, it's better to cast 2 globes with less HP that will stack with each other rather than casting one globe that will cost a ton of energy.

2) put power drift as exilus

3) You could add vitality

4) Put corrosive projection instead of energy siphon.

11 minutes ago, RedkryplV2 said:

Do you think that can be valkyr played in Defense missions or is it bad ? like cuz thats rly thing thats blockin my mind from every other thing

assuming you can kill everything before your pod blows up, yea why not. (I'm assuming this you going in solo, because anything goes for a pug match. doesn't mean it'll be easier but yea, generally anything goes)

valkyr may not die from being shot but the pod isn't as tough.

Power is ok especially with EV (which most teams have anyway)

Add range. You need the globe big so the bombard AOE doesn't kill you when it hits the globe.

If you want some offense, add duration, the debuff of Ava + duration will give you time to kill what you hit.

I run my frost with intensify, transient fortitude and without blind rage and rather max eficiency.

Why?

Because in some missions you have to re-locate multiple globes or act really fast, if you are bound to one position you can simply recast it a lot to fortify it, so it makes not much of a difference. I think your solution works too but might result less dynamic in some situations. And

4 minutes ago, _Rue_ said:

Add range. You need the globe big so the bombard AOE doesn't kill you when it hits the globe.

You t4 def mates will thank you

I would replace redirection with vitality. You already ahve steel fiber, which makes sense for the globe and because frost has high armor. To make use of that armor you should use vitality. As long as hp + armor somewhat work on a warframe and you have some healing it's better in general than shields.

Exilus mods are generally worse compared to other mods. You can totally use power drift, but put it into the exilus slot. Replace it with stretch or overextended. Tiny bubbles don't help very much. Sure they protect the target from direct fire. They don't help against bombards however and it's much nicer to have soom room in the bubble. It also slows down enemies inside the bubble, so it's better against melee enemies. With overextended you lose some strength, but it's really nice range. Maybe go with stretch + cunning drift instead.

If you really want to use blind rage also use fleeting expertise. That's really my personal opinion tho. On some frames having 100% efficiency is ok. Everything beyond that is not worth it imo. In the case of the globe you can always just cast it multiple times, to give it more hp. Your 4 is also really good in general, but with this build you can't really use it.

replace Streamline by Reach, put Powerdrift in an exilus slot and use the remaining slot for Armored agility and use Vitality instead of Redirection 

(aurora arcane if you can) and with that you get an optimium build for globe, you are tanky as hell have ton of damage ans still do the job with your skill

I prefer using rejuvenation wich give you a better sustain 

keep in mind that your armor is very important as it count in the globe health formula, every buff you get ( steel meridian, chroma ect ) also count 

No. Horrible build. You should NEVER consider using Snow Globe for Defensive means wo including Max range. The Snow globe even, even if flawless for bullets lets Explosions trough. Not going for Max range kills you and your Squad if these come into play pretty fast.

That aside: the globe has a invulnerability Phase. Evry damage recieved in these couple seconds adds to the globe health and is stackable on recast. Efficiency and energy Pool>>>strength or armor.

You do need strength and duration on him for armor reduction and CC of avalance but definitly not for the globe.

This build's terrible. I'm not going to mince words about it. It's bad.

You're using Steel Fiber no doubt to increase your snowglobe's durability. Well, at the same time your frame itself has no Vitality mod, wherein Armor only affects HP damage and has NOTHING to do with shield damage sustained. Your frame itself lacks durability. You've got negative eff meaning you cannot replace globes frequently, and it doesn't matter in the first place because casting a globe inside of another will combine their HP into a single globe. You can have garbage power str as long as your efficiency is high enough to allow you to stack globes inside of themselves a few times.

More than that, OP's build has no power range to speak of at all. You need only a Stretch mod to make your bubbles large enough that standing in their center makes Bombards and Napaalm's AoEs unable to reach the center of the bubble. Having none of that means that no matter how strong your bubble is, the explosion damage is going to get through it anyway, making it unable to do its job.

There are plenty of other good mod suggestions in this thread, but I am just being as straight forward as I can and telling you, that is a very bad build if your aim is snow globes.

Edited by DiosGX

remove Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude, Power Drift, and replace with Stretch and a partially Ranked Overextended.
add a partially Ranked Fleeting Expertise. (i recommend Rank 3 to make 70% Efficiency)

you may consider replacing Redirection with Vitality and then having a way to self Heal, so that you can use the Armor Mod you've put on rather than it only being there as a middlepoint between Power Drift and Intensify as a Health boost for Snowglobe / Power Strength boost for all Abilities.
basically giving more of a reason to have Steel Fiber on there, as for just Snowglobe Health alone, it's close to useless.

then you have a good 'Snowglobe build'. what you have now is not very useful.
having some Duration is a good idea, so that you have more than one Ability though...

Edited by taiiat

1. Switch Redirection for Vitality so you actually benefit from your high armour, as it applies only to health not to shields.

2. Throw in Rage instead of Primed Flow so you benefit from it even more. Unless you are going into very long Void Defence, then you leave Flow, assuming you have a free slot for Overextended.

3. Replace Blind Rage with Streamline. Transient Fortitude + Intensify + Power Drift give you exactly 200% Power Strenght without handicapping yourself so massively with negative Efficiency. The build you have is  299% Power Strenght and it's way over the top. Better to cast more Globes since their HP stacks rather than only one.

4. Get an Exilus and put your Power Drift there, freeing a slot for another mod. If you can't do that, you will need to sacrifice Power Drift.

5. You need at least Stretch in a build for Snow Globe. If you are going for a longer defence, Overextended is very important. Additionally Stretch also influences your 2nd and 4th ability, so it's practicly a mandatory mod.

6. When you done all that you are left with one free slot. This is a flex spot, where you put as needed: Overextended, skill augument, whatever else. In non-defence missions I like to run Armoured Agility or Rush there, because Frost is horribly slow.

7. If you do not have Exilus then Rage is going to be your flex spot.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Frost_prime/t_30_4230423000_2-0-10-4-6-5-5-2-5-6-1-5-8-8-5-19-4-10-59-3-3-411-5-10-544-7-5-615-9-5_2-6-6-6-5-5-59-9-19-7-411-8-4-5-544-11-8-7-615-9_0/en/1-0-8

This build results in:

73% Duration (Snow Globe does not need duration)

130% Efficiency

145% Range

200% Power

These values will change of course depending on whether you have Power Drift and/or Overextended on.

It also requires a few forma however it is quite flexible.

Edited by Lijka

On 12. 6. 2016 at 7:37 PM, Lijka said:

1. Switch Redirection for Vitality so you actually benefit from your high armour, as it applies only to health not to shields.

2. Throw in Rage instead of Primed Flow so you benefit from it even more. Unless you are going into very long Void Defence, then you leave Flow, assuming you have a free slot for Overextended.

3. Replace Blind Rage with Streamline. Transient Fortitude + Intensify + Power Drift give you exactly 200% Power Strenght without handicapping yourself so massively with negative Efficiency. The build you have is  299% Power Strenght and it's way over the top. Better to cast more Globes since their HP stacks rather than only one.

4. Get an Exilus and put your Power Drift there, freeing a slot for another mod. If you can't do that, you will need to sacrifice Power Drift.

5. You need at least Stretch in a build for Snow Globe. If you are going for a longer defence, Overextended is very important. Additionally Stretch also influences your 2nd and 4th ability, so it's practicly a mandatory mod.

6. When you done all that you are left with one free slot. This is a flex spot, where you put as needed: Overextended, skill augument, whatever else. In non-defence missions I like to run Armoured Agility or Rush there, because Frost is horribly slow.

7. If you do not have Exilus then Rage is going to be your flex spot.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Frost_prime/t_30_4230423000_2-0-10-4-6-5-5-2-5-6-1-5-8-8-5-19-4-10-59-3-3-411-5-10-544-7-5-615-9-5_2-6-6-6-5-5-59-9-19-7-411-8-4-5-544-11-8-7-615-9_0/en/1-0-8

This build results in:

73% Duration (Snow Globe does not need duration)

130% Efficiency

145% Range

200% Power

These values will change of course depending on whether you have Power Drift and/or Overextended on.

It also requires a few forma however it is quite flexible.

Btw how do you like count it that its 130% efficiency cuz i looked at the link and its just 30 % etc. same with range/power/duration so idk if you have some kind of other calculator ? could you please tell me what you used ? or how did you come to that numbers  ?