Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Viable Excal Build After u18.13?

Giullaree

Question

After the changes with excalibur after u18.13 regarding his damage falloff over distance, I was wondering if anyone had a new build to compensate for his death. 

The nerf complete changes his playstyle from long range turret to close range warrior (which im perfectly fine with)... Im just a little NaCl when it comes to me having to change his build every update...

Anyways, just trying to find a build that focuses on some RB's every so often, with minimal drain and high damage in EB, thanks!

Edited by IEatYou13

23 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

Absolutely nothing needs to be changed about your existing EB build. Just move closer or attack more times.

Should I implement more power range for RB? Cuz currently im at 46 power range and like 222 power str...

1 minute ago, IEatYou13 said:

Should I implement more power range for RB? Cuz currently im at 46 power range and like 222 power str...

Oh, I see. You were not using RB at all before and now you are... yeah you definitely will need to rework some range. 40 (down from 100 due to a partially ranked Narrow Minded I guess?) is not going to be a good number.

2 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

He's not a wave turret any more, boo freakin' hoo. He hasn't even been straight-up nerfed, just brought to heel.

Well yeah, it was a nerf. But that's a technicality.

Builds don't need to change. Play style does.

4 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

My excal build work great before the change and still works just as great after, then again my setup was not affected by these changes very much anyway.

Could you link that build? Im trying to find an Eb build that focuses on range aswell for RB

4 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

Oh, I see. You were not using RB at all before and now you are... yeah you definitely will need to rework some range. 40 (down from 100 due to a partially ranked Narrow Minded I guess?) is not going to be a good number.

Yep, so now i have to find another build that works for me in terms of EB and RB

2 minutes ago, IEatYou13 said:

Yep, so now i have to find another build that works for me in terms of EB and RB

This thread is going to get tackled because of your jabs at the nerf. I suggest you wait an hour and make a new thread about an "all around" Excalibur build and specify you want to use RB for CC and still have a respectable EB. Maybe in that one you could bring up Excalibur Prime and REALLY get them going. XD

As for Energy Conversion I'm not sure if EB's strength is updated or snapshotted but that's an interesting question. If it's snapshotted that'd be a pretty awesome way to build him with lots of range and efficiency and still do high damage.

2 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

This thread is going to get tackled because of your jabs at the nerf. I suggest you wait an hour and make a new thread about an "all around" Excalibur build and specify you want to use RB for CC and still have a respectable EB. Maybe in that one you could bring up Excalibur Prime and REALLY get them going. XD

As for Energy Conversion I'm not sure if EB's strength is updated or snapshotted but that's an interesting question. If it's snapshotted that'd be a pretty awesome way to build him with lots of range and efficiency and still do high damage.

Haha, will do :) thanks for being respectable and not S#&$ting your pants like half the other people on this forum that cant take a joke ;P ill just have to find a build that suits my need xD

i can give u my  all around build what i use in t4 long runs.... vitality.rage.primed continuity.tranient fortitude. stretch.primed flow.streamline.radiant finish. aura corrosive projection. cunning drift.  u radial blind have range 40 meter and last 25 sec.....with radiant finish.. u will be able  to do very long runs...

11 minutes ago, ashrah said:

i can give u my  all around build what i use in t4 long runs.... vitality.rage.primed continuity.tranient fortitude. stretch.primed flow.streamline.radiant finish. aura corrosive projection. cunning drift.  u radial blind have range 40 meter and last 25 sec.....with radiant finish.. u will be able  to do very long runs...

Thank you very much :)

Hi, since the changes to EB in u18.13, i've noticed that RB is more important than ever. This is new to me as I used to just stack power strength and efficiency/duration and be an EB turret, but now the playstyle of excal has shifted to a more up close warrior.

Overall, im looking for a build that enables me to use RB for CC and finishers, that is able to sustain a low EB energy cost, while maintaining some power strength.

Basically an EB build with range and efficiency for RB (mainly for longer runs, and endgame content).

I have seen people use rapid resilience and energy conversion, however I am really not in the mood to spend 15 days (20 if i want the infinite thingy) just to get the mod...

Thanks!

PS, before anyone whines about me wanting a new build, no, i am not salty about the update, just a little emotional :')

Edited by IEatYou13

I'm working on the same thing this week so I'll post again if the thread is still alive tomorrow night. I just want to chime in early and warn you about the augment Radiant Finish. For some reason I see it suggested a lot, and I think someone suggested it in your other thread but doing finishers off of Radial Blind already does OBSCENE amounts of damage.

Go to the simulacrum and try it out vs armored enemies. Normal melee weapon builds with 0-damage mods like Berserker or Life Strike can easily one shot the highest level armored enemies I can spawn even with little or no power strength. In a real game with Nova doing her thing or 4xCP or viral procs... nah... I'll not be using Radiant Finish until I actually see something survive an EB finisher off of RB in-game.

11 minutes ago, IEatYou13 said:

Hi, since the changes to EB in u18.13, i've noticed that RB is more important than ever. This is new to me as I used to just stack power strength and efficiency/duration and be an EB turret, but now the playstyle of excal has shifted to a more up close warrior.

Overall, im looking for a build that enables me to use RB for CC and finishers, that is able to sustain a low EB energy cost, while maintaining some power strength.

Basically an EB build with range and efficiency for RB (mainly for longer runs, and endgame content).

I have seen people use rapid resilience and energy conversion, however I am really not in the mood to spend 15 days (20 if i want the infinite thingy) just to get the mod...

Thanks!

PS, before anyone whines about me wanting a new build, no, i am not salty about the update, just a little emotional :')

Vortexed within 

Please do not duplicate similar threads.