Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overpowered players

Fuzzy-Bunny

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

You forgot to ask DE to remove Corrosive Projection.

To actually make an effort to push people out of void missions rather than letting them stay for hours on end.

don't let him know what he missing, if he suggest a rework, it's up to him to find this kind of stuff if he want to reach this goal

3 minutes ago, -CM-Emptiness said:

I'm beginning to think you are deliberately ignoring my comments because they provide all the insight you need to discontinue your arguments.

That being said, let me reiterate for the last time:

"It's ridiculous how people expect DE to balance enemies and not touch their weapons/frames."

Whoever said this? No, we want balance to enemies IN ADDITION to player-side balance. For your severe lack of information, most of those suggestions have already been stated to be in development by DE. Whats more, there is a significant abundance of player-side balancing with a significant lack of enemy-side balancing. So I don't see that statement as anything other than a distorted opinion.

You say you agree with the need for enemy-rework. So tell me exactly what it is you want? To fit in some more nerfs before the rework? Because all I see is increasing the level of difficulty of higher-level content to near-impossible standards until that time. If you do the rework first, which is what's going to happen, players get to experience a higher level of OP until that time. BUT, since enemies are relatively weak, EVERY WEAPON becomes viable, therefore in a certain sense balance is achieved due to variability of choice. It's definitely better than your option. So I propose waiting until the rework arrives, before laying down whatever judgment you have.

I want:

• Gun play to have some skill involved. To have skill based mods like "Headhunter" (bonus headshot damage) not just some flat damage increase for no reason.
  • Gun play to differ based on mods and playstiles
  • For energy to actually matter and make people think when to activate their abilities rather than just spamming them because they can
  • for this game to not be reduced to one button mashing farming style like it is now with players camping in the bubbles spamming tile clearing cheese skills
  • a challenge when playing warframe instead of enemies being either a pushover or demonic spiders
  • enemies to actually have group tactics instead of hoping their behavior will just magically synergise together.
  • Higher tier enemies to command their lower level minions and give them buffs and change their behavior (like ancients)
  • a game where I have agency to act without being nullified or killed from afar with no chance to act
  • bosses with no invulnerability phases and only specific spots where they can be hurt at all

Does that clear it up for you?

14 minutes ago, tmtke said:

Well, when I was starting out when Vauban came out, it wasn't exactly the case. Infested units were outright scary and when you saw a toxic ancient you became really careful (and it was nerfed, because most of the players mindlessly ran into its toxic cloud, lol). Grineer/Corpus units were far less, and the tougher ones were really hard to take out. I remember well that the Corpus Tech units were quite badass too. Even then a warframe player felt himself powerful because of their superior abilities and weaponry.

Telling me that warframe is not a game for me? Well it's amusing after the hours I put in the 3 years I played it :) It's exactly a game for me at the core, but I'm really annoyed with the direction the things went in the last one and a half year. More farming, more gates between the content and the players, a lot of content but a few real improvements compared to that.

First of all, when did I ever say Warframe is not the game for you? I do not remember quoting you.

Anyway, I wasn't against the old Toxic ancient but the problem was that on higher levels, it could one-shot you if you got hooked by any one Toxic ancient out of the 10 that surrounded you. That was not exactly a design that made the game hard. It made it annoying. It is near impossible to block all 10 ancients. Hard is something which is fair and gives me enough options to dodge/evade.

Warframe's horde-enemy design does not support that kind of gameplay.

I do not know why you hate the new mechanisms, but IMO, new mechanisms are better. Instead of outright killing us, Damage 2.0 now applies a Toxin DoT. It now depends on you whether you will roll during the DoT duration to reduce damage taken or let it kill you. And now the Toxin applies to your HP, because that is what it is supposed to do. All the games I have played does the same. Poison can not be blocked by shield or weapons or whatever a particular game uses to block damage.

Edit - Also, the idea of a few Tenno killing a whole army of Grineer was exhibited in the very first cut-scene. I believe the game is true to that and I do not want it to change.

Edited by NN13

calm down dude

warframe if fun BECAUSE u can be op

but ur not instantly op and thats fine

maxing all mods, throwing formas arround and collecting this one last arcane ur missing to get this 0.4% more is not easy

it requires time, luck and in most cases even skill

what ur trying to "fix" is everything vetaran players worked for in several years

we want to progress! and we want the progress to be worth something! we dont want everybody to be the same!

if u want a game where everybody is equal no matter how much time he invests then pls play every generic shooter thats on the market

PS: btw implementing these changes will not decrease the gap between new players and veterans and if u ask me thats ok

if there are no better players there is no reason to play

just play more to get better little tenno eventualy u will enjoy it and u will have no reason left to complain

PSS: the only thing that i see to "fix" ur problem is to change the que system so high mr players dont get thrown in missions with low mr players

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy-Bunny said:

I want:

• Gun play to have some skill involved. To have skill based mods like "Headhunter" (bonus headshot damage) not just some flat damage increase for no reason.
  • For energy to actually matter and make people think when to activate their abilities rather than just spamming them because they can
  • for this game to not be reduced to one button mashing farming style like it is now with players camping in the bubbles spamming tile clearing cheese skills
  • a challenge when playing warframe instead of enemies being either a pushover or demonic spiders
  • enemies to actually have group tactics instead of hoping their behavior will just magically synergise together.
  • Higher tier enemies to command their lower level minions and give them buffs and change their behavior (like ancients)
  • a game where I have agency to act without being nullified or killed from afar with no chance to act
  • bosses with no invulnerability phases and only specific spots where they can be hurt at all

- There IS headshot multiplier.
- Swap out elemental mods for different enemy types? Use different weapons?
- Nullifier, Parasitic Eximus.

You are mentioning a bunch of mechanics that if they were to be removed from the game, then this wouldn't be Warframe, but a regular FPS or MMORPG. Play those instead.
You want gunplay, and less usage of skills. Then why do we even have frames?

4 hours ago, Fuzzy-Bunny said:
  • Mods like seration need to go. They add nothing to the game other than being resource sinks.
  • Multishot mods also need to use extra ammo. There is no reason not to equip them now and they basically cheat the ingame ammo system.
  • Elemental damage mods should convert existing damage to their element. Something like converting 40% of stock damage to their element while adding 20% bonus (max rank). This would also have the side effect of making the physical damage type mods viable.
  • Add skill indexed mods. These mods would award certain play styles and force players to actually improve their skills instead of just bullet hosing enemies until they die.
  • Rework crits. What are crits? Why would there be a % chance of doing more damage? Aren't crits supposed to be extra damage from hitting enemy vitals? Crits would be fine in MMO's with no first person aim, but warframe has that as well as body part damage multipliers. In the end crits serve no purpose other than another flat layer of damage and rewarding headshots.

1. Already in consideration if I am not mistaken

2. Already happening

4. What kind of skill indexing mod are you even talking about?

5. No, because what you are proposing is just giving every weapon 100% crit on headshot with varying crit multipliers which would completely kill any diversity we have left.

4 hours ago, Fuzzy-Bunny said:
  • Nerf efficiency mods. Reducing the cost of skills to 1/4 is the biggest reason why skills are so spammable. What's worse is that this comes with little to no drawbacks which can be countered by duration mods. Efficiency mods are currently the norm since they basically remove the limit on casting. I suggest giving streamline and fleeting expertise more drawbacks and let them do exactly as their names imply. Force the player to decide between a weaker (streamlined) spammable build or more powerful builds.
  • Nerf energy vampire. Energy vampire was OP before but with the recent rework of awarding the remaining energy on kill it has become broken. EV should be reverted back to it's original form.
  • Rework Trinity. Not only does trinity outperform any other support frame in healing and damage resistance, she can also serve as an infinite energy generator at the same time. And as if that wasn't enough she can also face tank pretty much anything.
  • Limit the restores. Limit restores on each revive so the players can't just spam them or give them a cooldown.

How about fixing the @(*()$ energy system first before completely destroying I mean "reworking" Trinity. Also just get rid of Energy restores completely or limit them to 3 per person so they can only be used in dire situations, since it's literally EV in a box.

IMO to start with we would need to rework most of the abilities in game and their efficiency cost if we remove EV trin simple for the fact that energy can be anoying to get sometimes. Then we need to look at Damage increase abilities and damage dealing abilities. The problem is once you get over lvl 100 enemies in a t4 survival, i simple skip most of them and the same thing is done when we do raids most of the enemies are not killed due to the scaling of them...

instead of nerfing one side to fix it for a while, the entire Ability, Damage, Enemy Scaling, on modding needs to be looked at to fix the entire picture

17 minutes ago, Fuzzy-Bunny said:

I want:

That's not what I'm asking. Although I agree with reworking more things player-side, and you bring up reasonable thoughts, I asked you if you "wanted to fit in some more nerfs before the enemy-rework?" As I explained in my previous post, if this is indeed what you are after, regardless of whether these nerfs are warranted or not, I reasoned that postponing these until we have experienced the enemy-changes would be a more wise move on your part. Though, I'm only trying to be nice by suggesting. If logic isn't your discourse I'm afraid we'll just have to agree to disagree.

15 minutes ago, ShadowFox14 said:

- There IS headshot multiplier.
- Swap out elemental mods for different enemy types? Use different weapons?
- Nullifier, Parasitic Eximus.

You are mentioning a bunch of mechanics that if they were to be removed from the game, then this wouldn't be Warframe, but a regular FPS or MMORPG. Play those instead.
You want gunplay, and less usage of skills. Then why do we even have frames?

And how exactly do any of those mods contribute to skilled gameplay beyond not being brain dead to chose the right mods against a faction? Why not have mods that award skillful gameplay instead of just providing a general number modifier? Why not expect players to grow in skill in order to use mods effectively? What's the difference between a complete novice and warframe "expert" if all they do is camp in a bubble and spam a skill?

16 minutes ago, NN13 said:

How exactly is doing damage for the team a bad thing?

So, basically, you want that Orange number at the mission-ending screen for yourself? That's your motto, ok, understood.

Ugh, I can't believe I even have to explain this. What is the point of weapons if the warframe can do that job all by itself and do it in a T4 map? Not only that, walking with WoT requires exactly 0 skill to pull off.

4 minutes ago, -CM-Emptiness said:

That's not what I'm asking. Although I agree with reworking more things player-side, and you bring up reasonable thoughts, I asked you if you "wanted to fit in some more nerfs before the enemy-rework?" As I explained in my previous post, if this is indeed what you are after, regardless of whether these nerfs are warranted or not, I reasoned that postponing these until we have experienced the enemy-changes would be a more wise move on your part. Though, I'm only trying to be nice by suggesting. If logic isn't your discourse I'm afraid we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Both player damage and enemies would have to be balanced at the same time or it would only make things worse. My point is that the current damage system is spiraling out of control and that is negatively affecting the whole game.

Edited by Fuzzy-Bunny

2 hours ago, Fuzzy-Bunny said:

Are you sure you read anything? I'm saying enemies die too fast and the only place they last longer then a second is in long endless missions, sorties, Lotr,... I also did note that crits affect headshot damage.

Yeah, I'm sure that's it. Enemies are designed to give us a challenge. If the players have assault rifles that can hit as hard as a tank gun on full auto and have abilities that can completely lock down enemies then the only way to "challenge" us is to give enemies insane EHP and cheese mechanics. You also assume that High level content is the only relevant area of the game.

Is mindlessly oneshoting enemies and spamming abilities your idea of fun?

Well in high end it's a matter of do you one shot the enemies first? Or do they one shot you first?

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy-Bunny said:

Ugh, I can't believe I even have to explain this. What is the point of weapons if the warframe can do that job all by itself and do it in a T4 map? Not only that, walking with WoT requires exactly 0 skill to pull off.

I did not ask you to explain why "dealing damage with Warframe" is bad. I asked you to explain why dealing damage in general is bad.

Although I agree that WoT itself needs a change since it is the exact fire-and-forget ability that DE wants to avoid, however, I absolutely do not agree that Gunplay should be the major focus of Warframe. No, thank you, I would much rather combine my skills and see the enemies melt away(Saryn reference) than shoot everything in the face with a Soma or a Tonkor for that matter. If I wanted to shoot all day, I would play one of the numerous FPS and Tactical-shooters out there.

Edit - Also, I would like to point out that you have a bias against Warframe abilities. I have not seen you say that OP weapons need a balance patch. Why? How is using WoT or Bladestorm any different from blasting everything to bits with a Tonkor?

And no, don't say that you suggested the removal of damage mods. That will be a generic change, which is also in DE's to-do list. But that would not change the scenario and Tonkor will still be OP.

Edited by NN13

4 hours ago, (PS4)bonateIIo said:

Completely agree, would love all of this. in terms of drawbacks, I'd say all of the mods we have need them even primed ones.

If they nerfed the amount primed gives they can also reduce the amount of ranks they have, it wouldn't be fair otherwise.

28 minutes ago, Fuzzy-Bunny said:

I want:

It's pretty clear that you want another game.

Try to remember the name of this game. WARFRAME. The frames are the core of this game. Not the guns. It's not just about guns, it's about frames with powers... and weapons. What you only want is a generic gunfights based game. You even don't talk about melee...

Remember the first quest. The tutorial starts by showing Warframe Powers. Then melee, then secondary and primary weapons. The Frames and their Powers are the first thing you have to deal with because that's what the game is about.

Play this game for what it is. We don't have to change everything in this game just because a bunch of guys like you want a classic TPS with Warframe's esthetic.

Just now, Fuzzy-Bunny said:

And how exactly do any of those mods contribute to skilled gameplay beyond not being brain dead to chose the right mods against a faction? Why not have mods that award skillful gameplay instead of just providing a general number modifier? Why not expect players to grow in skill in order to use mods effectively? What's the difference between a complete novice and warframe "expert" if all they do is camp in a bubble and spam a skill?

Gunplay: what skill do you need to hit an enemy with a full-automatic rifle? What mods could benetfit you for what skills? Because there ARE mods that give you more crit dmg if you kill an enemy, more crit chance if you shot an enemy in the head. Also we arleady have headshot multiplier. What other "skill-based" mods can you think of?
The difference between an expert and a novice is that an expert can move more quickly, can dodge enemies, knows how to counter nullifiers faster than just shooting its bubble off then killing him and an expert can actually dodge bombard rockets.
There are ways people like to play, Warframe gives you chance to use weapons and skills, in MANY different ways. Some people prefer casting skills, some prefer the bow, some prefer the rifle, some prefer the secondary, and some the melee. Who are you to judge people for playing their own playstyle in a GAME that's supposed to ENTERTAIN people?
I like to use Rakta Cernos, Aksomati and melee weapons, and I love endless survival missions. Other people like Spy as Loki or even Mobile Def, while using rifles under their Frost bubble. Is that a bad thing?

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy-Bunny said:

Both player damage and enemies would have to be balanced at the same time or it would only make things worse. My point is that the current damage system is spiraling out of control and that is negatively affecting the whole game.

Very true, but as a few individuals in the same thread have posted, it is very unlikely given DE cannot accurately predict the aftereffects of their reworks. Given this, we have the choice of either inputting these changes before or after the enemy-rework. As I am saying for the third and final time, "Doing it before will increase the level of difficulty of higher-level content to near-impossible standards. Doing the rework first will enable players to get to experience a higher level of OP until that time. BUT, since enemies are relatively weak, EVERY WEAPON becomes viable, therefore in a certain sense balance is achieved due to variability of choice." If you have to pick one of these, I'd say rational players would pick the second one since, no matter how bad it is, it is the RELATIVELY better option. My point being, wait until the enemy-rework before proposing more player-side changes as obviously the rework will affect how you go about doing it.

2 minutes ago, Hedasker said:

Try to remember the name of this game. WARFRAME. The frames are the core of this game. Not the guns. It's not just about guns, it's about frames with powers... and weapons. What you only want is a generic gunfights based game. You even don't talk about melee...

Try to remember we are space ninjas; "master of gun and blade". If you want abilities to be central to everything else, that's fine. But at least make abilities more skill-centered.

2 minutes ago, ShadowFox14 said:

Gunplay: what skill do you need to hit an enemy with a full-automatic rifle? What mods could benetfit you for what skills? Because there ARE mods that give you more crit dmg if you kill an enemy, more crit chance if you shot an enemy in the head. Also we arleady have headshot multiplier. What other "skill-based" mods can you think of?
The difference between an expert and a novice is that an expert can move more quickly, can dodge enemies, knows how to counter nullifiers faster than just shooting its bubble off then killing him and an expert can actually dodge bombard rockets.
There are ways people like to play, Warframe gives you chance to use weapons and skills, in MANY different ways. Some people prefer casting skills, some prefer the bow, some prefer the rifle, some prefer the secondary, and some the melee. Who are you to judge people for playing their own playstyle in a GAME that's supposed to ENTERTAIN people?
I like to use Rakta Cernos, Aksomati and melee weapons, and I love endless survival missions. Other people like Spy as Loki or even Mobile Def, while using rifles under their Frost bubble. Is that a bad thing?

I agree.. but you made one mistake: "an expert can actually dodge bombard rockets". The worlds best warframe player would be hit if targeted by 3 or more bombards :D

1 minute ago, Redslayer230 said:

I agree.. but you made one mistake: "an expert can actually dodge bombard rockets". The worlds best warframe player would be hit if targeted by 3 or more bombards :D

Dunno, rockets used to be way faster, now they are as slow as a snail., if all 3 rockets come from the same direction and you can see them, it's pretty easy.
But yeah, if they are coming from different directions, it's kinda hard or impossible.

20 minutes ago, NN13 said:

I did not ask you to explain why "dealing damage with Warframe" is bad. I asked you to explain why dealing damage in general is bad.

Although I agree that WoT itself needs a change since it is the exact fire-and-forget ability that DE wants to avoid, however, I absolutely do not agree that Gunplay should be the major focus of Warframe. No, thank you, I would much rather combine my skills and see the enemies melt away(Saryn reference) than shoot everything in the face with a Soma or a Tonkor for that matter. If I wanted to shoot all day, I would play one of the numerous FPS and Tactical-shooters out there.

So, how long have you been playing warframe for? I remember a time where there wasn't fleeting expertise or energy restores and we had to gather around trinity casting EV on some poor soul so we could get enough energy. You couldn't afford to spam your ult in every room either.

Dealing damage is bad if one source is good enough to make all others redundant especially if this source is low skill based (pressing a button without aiming).

Edit - Also, I would like to point out that you have a bias against Warframe abilities. I have not seen you say that OP weapons need a balance patch. Why? How is using WoT or Bladestorm any different from blasting everything to bits with a Tonkor?

And no, don't say that you suggested the removal of damage mods. That will be a generic change, which is also in DE's to-do list. But that would not change the scenario and Tonkor will still be OP.

Did you really read the OP?

6 minutes ago, CDelacroix said:

The irony is that you talk about the game needing more skill involved, but you'd more than likely be among the sobbing chorus if it actually was difficult.

Fun fact: the game has options for those of us who legitimately crave more difficult, thinking-man's content. For those of you who don't, there are ways around it. And that's okay. Now please take your terrible suggestions and get out.

Yeah, way to go assuming things about people you know nothing about. And no, mini-maxing and CC spamming is not my idea of "challenge".

Edited by Fuzzy-Bunny

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy-Bunny said:

So, how long have you been playing warframe for? I remember a time where there wasn't fleeting expertise or energy restores and we had to gather around trinity casting EV on some poor soul so we could get enough energy. You couldn't afford to spam your ult in every room either.

Dealing damage is bad if one source is good enough to make all others redundant especially if this source is low skill based (pressing a button without aiming).

The irony is that you talk about the game needing more skill involved, but you'd more than likely be among the sobbing chorus if it actually was difficult.

Fun fact: the game has options for those of us who legitimately crave more difficult, thinking-man's content. For those of you who don't, there are ways around it. And that's okay. Now please take your terrible suggestions and get out.

Edited by CDelacroix

1 minute ago, Fuzzy-Bunny said:

Exactly. Warframe powers should add special stuff for helping you out fighting the enemy. It shouldn't replace weapon/skill based gameplay, and press 4 should always be a big thing. When you can spam 4, there is something really wrong.

19 minutes ago, Fuzzy-Bunny said:

I want:

Agree on all points, with contention on two in particular.

DE has already begun introducing conditional mods, like Shadow Debt and Conversion mods. I love this. Maiming Strike + Berserker is a fantastic combo that forces you to do more with melee than spam basic attack. Energy Conversion is highly underrated.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'gunplay differing based on mods and playstyles'. Does it not in your opinion? You have raw damage, crit and status, which are counterbalanced by accuracy, rate of fire, and reload time. Then some weapons have unique properties that further differentiate them. Perhaps the real problem is that, when all enemies die in one hit, the differences between weapons evaporate? This is true to an extent, I think. But it's a delicate matter that involves many different interacting systems, to complex to discuss in a list.

First point of contention. While I think a 175% efficiency build with Zenurik is overkill, I don't think nerfing max efficiency is the answer. For context, the only time I cap efficiency is on energy reduction sorties. In any other context, 130% is more than enough. If you need more than that, you're being wasteful. A better solution, I think, is to have harsher penalties on stat counterweights. Positive efficiency should inversely affect strength exponentially. That way, it would only be viable for CC powers, and those will have diminishing returns soon.

DE has already said they disapprove of the one-button approach and intend to eliminate it. Good on them.

"Pushover or demonic spiders"... I describe this as Dragon Age difficulty. I have a strong aversion to it. WF doesn't have it nearly as bad as DA, which is mostly dice rolls whereas WF has a strong skill element buried in its mobility. But it does miss that satisfying sweetspot by a wide margin. I hope DE can find it by the end of all this balancing, I really do.

Second point of contention. As for enemy group tactics, I am all over this. But I don't want heavy units to do what ancients do. Ancients are a pain in the &#!. They impose target priority, which is good, but I don't want every high-threat target to have defensive auras. Instead, I would like heavies to cause nearby mooks to organize into ranks and focus fire, with the heavy having clear telegraphs communicating to the player what they're telling peons to do. This goes back to my desire for total animation replacements. Currently, animations serve the purposes of looking cool or just physically representing the enemy; not to communicate information to the player. But, yes, new enemy behaviors for old enemies is an absolute necessity at this point. Bombard behavior is BS on so many levels. (Heavies are not so bad, and definitely less boring. New animations couldn't hurt, but they don't strictly need it.)

"Nullified", hur... good choice of words. Agreed, nothing further to add on that point.

Invulnerability phases in boss fights drive me nuts, especially when I can still shoot the boss. Looking at you, Regor. How does shouting at the ceiling stop bullets? C'mon DE, you could have at least put a glass wall in front of him, and then opened it when we're supposed to go up there... At least Ruk makes sense, you have to shoot the vulnerabilities on his armor which are only exposed to vent heat when he uses his powers.

This is PvE game, tell me the reason why every suggested nerf should be applyed ? , once agian this is PvE game why doe people give a F*** about overpowerd gear ? , its more fun this way .

Biggest reason why I love this game is the ability to spam our fabulous powers with out almost no restrictions , its the reason I still play ( 1100 hours in and counting ) , sorry I dont want warframe to be like destiny , it looks boring , 80% time its just gunplay .

Edited by bad4youLT