Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Danielle

I gotta second the fact that the constant checks are really hurting my enjoyement of the game mode overall. The fact that I can line up my character pefectly to catch a shot only to have said ball immediately stolen by a player sucks, the fact I can't aim properly because I have split second before I get checked sucks and the fact I pretty much never pass the ball since a ball passed is a check waiting to happen really sucks some of the enjoyement of the game.

It turns a team based sport into an exercice in throwing the ball as far as possible and hoping to be able to get a clean run to the opposite goal unchecked.

Either add some cooldown on the check, or perhaps add some form of penailty for players that are constantly checking other players. Heck, in the worse case scenario, lower the time the player can hold the ball and disable checking, or make checking a charge attack or something.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

I definitely like this game mode. But from the semi-numerous games I've played, I agree with many comments here. Many players seem to spam melee for the stun and some kind of delay, or increased usage to achieve a full knockdown would help.

Is it just me, or does the aiming seem a little inaccurate at times? A move that would otherwise hit seems to go nowhere near. And the attractor only seems to work if you most likely would collide with the ball anyway.

I also think the outlines indicating team side should be more visible, as sometimes with the fast pace it can be hard to tell. Maybe include one for your own warframe as well just to ease the "I didn't realize what team I was on". There could also be better indication for when you get the ball, it seems easy to miss and kind of blends in.

Lastly the auto passing, I think, needs some flushing out. With a straight shot on goal and a team member, let's say, within 5-10 meters, the ball usually will favor the player rather than where you are actually aiming. This causes people to get confused, expecting that shot on goal, and instead end up losing the opportunity all together because the ball doesn't go at all where you expect. 

Overall a pretty fun addition to the game with lots of opportunity to teamwork, and a nice reprieve from the standard gameplay. A few slight adjustments would make it so much more enjoyable. Now all we need are more incentives to play conclave.

14 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Except for the fact that the Sun team can still have 4 players, but one just doesn't show up on the scoreboard. This, in turn, means that the Moon team can only have 2 players. I seem to be the only person with a sense of sportsmanship that leaves when I'm the sudden 4th player.

This still needs directly addressed.

Every game I join is a 4v2 with the team of 4 doing nothing to alleviate the situation and make the game fair.

30 minutes ago, Zachko2197 said:

Just, please, DOES ANYONE KNOW THIS A FRENCH GAME ? This game already exists, is already played and is a CULTURAL ONE. So please, bring back the REAL origins of this game and don't make a PURE INVENTED ONE BY DE. It is false. It comes from FRANCE. It is called "la pelotte basque" !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_ballgame

1400 before Christ, did France even existed?

Spoiler

Spoiler

mayan-facts-11.jpg

Edited by rockscl

Honestly, la pelotte basque doesn't have much to do with Lunaro asides from the look of the hook thingy. It uses a smaller ball, both teams are hitting a wall and using the rebound to score in a manner that's more akin to tennis / ping pong than anything else.

Lunaro has teams of 3/4, it's closer to soccer, with a dash of basketball thrown in due to the aerial nature of it and the fact you can jump/dunk. While it does use a paddle thingy to grab the ball and extend the range, the ball is the size of a soccer ball, plus it has stuff like tackles and other stuff that's akin to football...

So honestly, Lunaro is a mix of many sports.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

31 minutes ago, Zachko2197 said:

Just, please, DOES ANYONE KNOW THIS A FRENCH GAME ? This game already exists, is already played and is a CULTURAL ONE. So please, bring back the REAL origins of this game and don't make a PURE INVENTED ONE BY DE. It is false. It comes from FRANCE. It is called "la pelotte basque" !

Actually it's not, the game was born in Spain, and during Napoleon's time, Spain lost some territories to France on the northern. The name even says it, Basque as in "Pais Vasco", spain. In spain it's even called pelota vasca. Also, calm down, man

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

I gotta second the fact that the constant checks are really hurting my enjoyement of the game mode overall. The fact that I can line up my character pefectly to catch a shot only to have said ball immediately stolen by a player sucks, the fact I can't aim properly because I have split second before I get checked sucks and the fact I pretty much never pass the ball since a ball passed is a check waiting to happen really sucks some of the enjoyement of the game.

It turns a team based sport into an exercice in throwing the ball as far as possible and hoping to be able to get a clean run to the opposite goal unchecked.

Either add some cooldown on the check, or perhaps add some form of penailty for players that are constantly checking other players. Heck, in the worse case scenario, lower the time the player can hold the ball and disable checking, or make checking a charge attack or something.

I'd say an easy fix is check immunity for 1 full second after you get the ball.

11 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

This still needs directly addressed.

Every game I join is a 4v2 with the team of 4 doing nothing to alleviate the situation and make the game fair.

4v2?I thought it was up to 3.

1 minute ago, Zachko2197 said:

There's no point of racism dude. Don't try to get some troubles for no reasons :/ !

already confirmed, france did not even exist when the prototype for this sport was created 

7 minutes ago, rockscl said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_ballgame

1400 before Christ, did France even existed?

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

mayan-facts-11.jpg

1 minute ago, GarnetSan said:

Actually it's not, the game was born in Spain, and during Napoleon's time, Spain lost some territories to France on the northern. The name even says it, Basque as in "Pais Vasco", spain. In spain it's even called pelota vasca. Also, calm down, man

Did not know all this, thanks :)

im not sure about anyone else here but during the last few Lunaro matches i played i got insain lag, i go to throw the ball to either the goal or a teammate and it ends up right back on me. im seeing other players move insanely fast around the map and im not able to to the same (i assume this is because of conclave mods) if mods are part of the game mode for Lunaro then those players who pvp a lot and have the mods are at an extreme advantage compared to players like my self who have no conclave mods.  the game mode its self is a blast but currently in my opinion its not worth the frustration especially when you get stomped 0-22. untill the issues are taken care of i dont really see many people playing  lunaro much.

8 minutes ago, Zachko2197 said:

All this to say, DE didn't create anything. So give back credits to whom who deserve them. It's the only thing I want.

Welp, guess you better credit everything you ever do back to someone else, then, because it was invented, in some form or another, by someone else. That short story you wrote? Better credit the first writer, even though you wrote a different story with your own flavor. That burger you cooked? Better credit the guy who invented that, too, even though you used different toppings.

You went from personal offense, due to your own culture being appropriated, allegedly, to now taking offense on behalf of a dead people and trying to be as politically correct as possible. Keep that crap on tumblr. The rest of us are fully aware that nearly every sport is derivative of another and don't feel the need to credit every specific source of inspiration.

10 minutes ago, DALOS said:

4v2?I thought it was up to 3.

It's a bug related to there not being dedicated servers and people seem to refuse to do anything to be proper sports about it and will use it to get an easy win and, therefore, standing.

8 minutes ago, GarnetSan said:

Not like we can credit people from the 13th century, though

Because people from the 13th century mainly didn't care, and because they couldn't too. Here I can. It's the 21th century which spreads this new state of mind. As I've got it and as I'm fed up of big firms trying to tell "hey it's new, it has just been created" while they just give a new name to an old invention, I had to talk. However, I share your kind of "pain"

19 minutes ago, Zachko2197 said:

All this to say, DE didn't create anything. So give back credits to whom who deserve them. It's the only thing I want.

Because people from the 13th century mainly didn't care, and because they couldn't too. Here I can. It's the 21th century which spreads this new state of mind. As I've got it and as I'm fed up of big firms trying to tell "hey it's new, it has just been created" while they just give a new name to an old invention, I had to talk. However, I share your kind of "pain"

In all seriousness though what if rolling block checks? Like with knockdowns?

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed inflammatory image

Core Defect in Design:

Bullet Jumping is Penalized too harshly: If you are in any animation of the bullet jump you lose the ball, not just the initial jump.

Melee Charge is a Better Bullet Jump: It is as fast or faster then bullet jump, does not make you lose the ball, and also knocks down other players. WHY WOULD YOU NOT USE THIS ALMOST CONSTANTLY FOR MOBILITY!!!

3 minutes ago, Naith said:

People need to be able to join after half time. Why the heck did you make this alteration?

If someone drops out in the second half, it really screws over that side.

If your team isn't full after half time a lot of the time it's because someone rage quit, of all the games i joind post half time, much of the time it was with 1 other person who had the decency to finish the game when the enemy team was up 5+ points.

1 hour ago, Zachko2197 said:

Oh, of course, silly DE. Let's just forget the fact that by the time this game is set France probably doesn't exist anymore. Let's just ignore all of the events in the lore and bring this magical sport to the Tenno, from the forgotten realm of France.

On a feedback note, I think it might be wise to limit the amount of times a player can be knocked down or staggered at one time. I've literally been stuck against a wall because someone kept staggering me. Also, can we not pass to player's behind us, that's cost me a few goals.

Edited by TyrannisPax

11 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

If your team isn't full after half time a lot of the time it's because someone rage quit, of all the games i joind post half time, much of the time it was with 1 other person who had the decency to finish the game when the enemy team was up 5+ points.

Yeah I know, that's what I'm saying. One drops out, we're down to two players.

However, you can't join after half time any more, so you won't be joining post time any more either.

Another point... What is going on with assists? Just had a round where I've clearly assisted in getting a goal more than once i.e. passed it to the goal scorer shortly followed by him getting the goal, yet I only got 1 assist in the end of round table. Need to up the timeframe allowed for an 'assist' as otherwise it all becomes about the goalscorer and shuns the people who work as a team.

Edited by Naith

2 minutes ago, TyrannisPax said:

Oh, of course, silly DE. Let's just forget the fact that by the time this game is set France probably doesn't exist anymore. Let's just ignore all of the events in the lore and bring this magical sport to the Tenno, from the forgotten realm of France.

I only meant to give back credits because they pretend to offer something new which isn't. People wouldn't have paid attention without my way of introducing it.

Just now, Zachko2197 said:

I only meant to give back credits because they pretend to offer something new which isn't. People wouldn't have paid attention without my way of introducing it.

And you're just nitpicking. The Wiki notes the associations and references for practically everything in the game. Unless the sport is dying for attention and support, there's no reason why they should give credit to it, just like a racing game doesn't need to give credit to racing organisations.