The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Movement Post-Update: Lunaro

NezuHimeSama

I don't really see any change, looks like they fixed the animation cancel, just after a double jump you loose some speed maybe, but with bullet jumps if you do it at the good moment you don't loose any speed at all :/

The movement speed is fine like this, i don't get why people complain, at all ... Seriously isn't it too much ?

In conclave now its even better and it feels faster and more easy to do high jumps with the double jump, that is great.

11 minutes ago, rngd444 said:

I hope it fixes the double jump bug as well but I'm not that confident.

Sadly the two movement issues are pretty different parts of the code, I'd assume. It's not likely a related bug between the two.

We'll find out tonight I guess.... If it's any consolation roll spam has always been a viable source of speed. I usually mixed between the two.

It's just Roll spam requires you to slot Rush to even compete in speed which I can see why people would dislike that. On the upside you get 75% mitigation and CC immunity.

It's parkour 1.0 to 2.0 all over again.

Back then the players that had no idea how to copter would say that the change was either better or retained coptering's speed.

Right now the players that had no idea how to use momentum will say that they can't feel it's any different.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

That's good. I can't check it myself being on PS4, but from what I understood they removed ridiculous speed up that happens when you do forward roll in the air after bullet jump + jump after it? That I'd love to see go. I love my speed warframes built for 1.57 and more sprint speeds and that jump acceleration felt broken. It allowed any frame to keep up with speed build. I'd love to see it gone, straight up modded sprinting should be strictly fastest way to go. That is of course only when you're not traversing chasms etc. 

Yeah, because actually playing the game skillfully is pointless and literally the entire game should be won in the arsenal, amirite?  Movement is still faster with a speed build if you're using the parkour system.  It's not pointless, and literally all you're saying is you want to be the fastest just by slotting a few mods and jamming down one single button instead of using slightly more complicated game mechanics.

I don't know how bad this nerf is, being on PS4, but I just logged in and screwed around with my movement to see how I actually play (because at this point, it's usually subconscious muscle memory getting me from point a to b), and if it's what it sounds like... welp, once again, happy I haven't bought any plat in a while.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Cwellann said:

Yeah, because actually playing the game skillfully is pointless and literally the entire game should be won in the arsenal, amirite?  Movement is still faster with a speed build if you're using the parkour system.  It's not pointless, and literally all you're saying is you want to be the fastest just by slotting a few mods and jamming down one single button instead of using slightly more complicated game mechanics.

I don't know how bad this nerf is, being on PS4, but I just logged in and screwed around with my movement to see how I actually play (because at this point, it's usually subconscious muscle memory getting me from point a to b), and if it's what it sounds like... welp, once again, happy I haven't bought any plat in a while.

The thing is.

Nowhere in the tutorial did it say "Jump Roll and Double jump to gain massive speed"

5 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

The thing is.

Nowhere in the tutorial did it say "Jump Roll and Double jump to gain massive speed"

No, but messing with a mechanic of parkour instead of reworking a weapon or warframe that is in a bad status ingame is also not implied to be a good thing to be prioritizing.

Just now, (PS4)Cwellann said:

Well warframe is a stat game, so yes a lot of stuff is won in arsenal. Even your melee combo, critical chance etc. And what I was referring to is not simply being able to enhance your speed through parkour - with uneven level terrain you naturally can and should do it. What I was talking about is being able to move at the same speed as speed modded frame without modding for speed. And when you go through a straight corridor for example yes, sprinting should always be fastest way. Jumping to speed up is kinda idiotic, it's not Painkiller. 

I thought this might be of interest to people in this thread:

In the future, please don't immediately assume DE is out to destroy your fun in the game, it could just be an unforeseen bug that occur when they tried to fix something else.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

Well warframe is a stat game, so yes a lot of stuff is won in arsenal. Even your melee combo, critical chance etc. And what I was referring to is not simply being able to enhance your speed through parkour - with uneven level terrain you naturally can and should do it. What I was talking about is being able to move at the same speed as speed modded frame without modding for speed. And when you go through a straight corridor for example yes, sprinting should always be fastest way. Jumping to speed up is kinda idiotic, it's not Painkiller. 

Fair enough, sorry I oversimplified what you said and then jumped on it.  Mah bad.

The first part of your quote though was kind of my point - the game is SO stat based that anything that can be differentiated outside of the arsenal is something I see as a huge blessing.

3 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

In the future, please don't immediately assume DE is out to destroy your fun in the game, it could just be an unforeseen bug that occur when they tried to fix something else.

BLESS SPACE MOM!

2 minutes ago, EmilAoko said:
3 minutes ago, EmilAoko said:

BLESS SPACE MOM!

Truly, Bless Space Mom and the kind souls that aren't constantly preaching that the end is nigh!

16 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

The sprint speed mix-up is only one part of the problem. Most of 'us' assume that the change to the so-called 'unintended' rolling momentum gain was done with Lunaro in mind as well. It was in its previous state for a year which is the reason for some of the more skeptical posts.

And then there's what I personally would call a bug where the second jump in normal jumping (not to be confused with the one after bullet jumping) will let you lose all horizontal momentum mid-air which is likely not to be fixed by the speed multiplier reversal. That's why I personally still bother with communicating this.

Edited by rngd444

11 hours ago, Noctiferous said:

so much for trying to make their game better :S

it almost reminds me of forsaken world and their fall to almost being completely dead.

ok just stop right there. you still can move really fast if you slide - bullet jump upwards and forwards - double jump - roll in mid air - air glide. maybe not as ultra fast as before but still "ninja" fast. Also just because there was one bad thing in an update doesn't mean that they're trying to make the game worse or not trying to make it better, it was probably to stop people flying across the map and falling of a cliff or something being reset with no way of stopping yourself.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

ok just stop right there. you still can move really fast if you slide - bullet jump upwards and forwards - double jump - roll in mid air - air glide. maybe not as ultra fast as before but still "ninja" fast. Also just because there was one bad thing in an update doesn't mean that they're trying to make the game worse or not trying to make it better, it was probably to stop people flying across the map and falling of a cliff or something being reset with no way of stopping yourself.

That is really slow.

30 minutes ago, rngd444 said:

The sprint speed mix-up is only one part of the problem. Most of 'us' assume that the change to the so-called 'unintended' rolling momentum gain was done with Lunaro in mind as well. It was in its previous state for a year which is the reason for some of the more skeptical posts.

And then there's what I personally would call a bug where the second jump in normal jumping (not to be confused with the one after bullet jumping) will let you lose all horizontal momentum mid-air which is likely not to be fixed by the speed multiplier reversal. That's why I personally still bother with communicating this.

The lack of firm decision making on "unintended" situations or bugs really needs to be handled with a firm hand. Things that go on for a year+ I would just call straight up neglect and others almost feel opportunistic. Take enemies spawning endlessly in Sab missions being called an exploit only after people were stealth farming Focus.

The whole situation is causing an atmosphere of distrust and I've said on multiple posts long ago the patch notes should be twice the size. Every major patch I find unmentioned changes. It comes across a bit scandalist.

56 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

Hmmm... so I should read the entire post before I set my PS4 and PC on fire in anger =p at least I hadn't swallowed the cyanide pill yet

This really did have me worried because my biggest fear when they got rid of coptering was it would slow down the game Parkour 2.0 has been great improvement.  

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary
Jokes

55 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

But that post does not adress the momentum change, only the bugged speed multiplier.

Momentum was nerfed (Sorry, "FIXED") due to PVP changes, which should have not in any way affected PVE at all. So, no, it's not an unforseen bug.

Edited by Darkwave1098

54 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

She's talking about the sprint speed and Rush not working, there's no mention of the rolling mechanic that's discussed here.

I guess we'll have to see what the new hotfix will bring.

2 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

She's talking about the sprint speed and Rush not working, there's no mention of the rolling mechanic that's discussed here.

I guess we'll have to see what the new hotfix will bring.

This happens to me . When i go on  PvE my frost got more MORE slower. I tried to put rush, its just like the normal frost speed back then. 

13 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

My only guess is it's PVP related.

Speaking of which: The reason people don't play PVP is because they want to play PVE, not PVP. There's lots of PVP games to play. Not so many PVE games.

PvP changes are separate from PvE so your guess is wrong. Didn't you notice in patch notes the "Conclave fixes" section? 
The reason people don't play PvP is lag, also a lot of people play and/or wait for PvP...reason I stopped playing is broken PvP .
PvE doens't interest me a bit anymore as its easy and boring af.