The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Movement Post-Update: Lunaro

NezuHimeSama

22 minutes ago, Radjehuty said:

I think this is the first time I actually just logged out of the game instead of doing some of my dailies. The movement was just so painful. I enjoyed being able to move the way you'd expect a space-ninja would.

Movement mods are so completely unnecessary and honestly have no place in the game when you have to sacrifice valuable defensive/offensive mods that change your abilities or defenses directly. It would be silly for DE to assume this movement nerf should somehow create incentive for use of those mods.

nah man. Movement mods have a place and I use a maxed elemental bullet jump with improved wall latches and cc on jump on most frames.

But, guess what? It's at least as painful for me as someone who uses mobility mods, because I get slowed down like I hit an actual brick wall on roll-jumps now. Nevermind the costs of upgrading that mod.

Just tested it, and wow I'm shocked. There's like no point in parkour now since you'll be better off sprinting your way there. Not to mention, it breeds specialized melee copter builds which is bad for balance. Please revert, WF is meant to be a fast-paced game and I feel like I'm a snail in hare territory.

1 hour ago, LazerSkink said:

I'm one to rush missions like hell, trust me. I haven't noticed anything drastic in my movement at all, I'm still traversing maps in under a few seconds. I think people are being incredibly dramatic when they say this 'change' has "ruined the game" for them. Excessive mobility is still there. I don't know, I guess whatever happened just isn't affecting me because I wasn't using the discussed specific mechanics. The quick 1 second use of bullet jump>double jump>aim glide>roll is working fine for me as it was before, though I know it's not what's being called out here. 

How can you say it's working fine if you aren't even talking about the mechanic being discussed?

That's somebody saying "my sound system works fine so I haven't noticed anything performance-wise" when the computer tech says "your graphics card was shipped with a defect".

I can guarantee people who were utilizing the mechanic the topic is about could traverse distances faster than you. I'm not even trying to be rude here; it's just how the physics in the game worked up until this update.

Sometimes I just wonder where they get their idea from.

How they actually argue and support such changes in internal meetings.

The only people not affected negatively by this are pretty much new players that have not figured out this essential method - everyone else liked it, used it and got accustomed to it.

I though we play space ninjas. Now it becomes more like space turtles. The teenager is already sitting on his throne tho.

Does anyone else miss the roll you used to do after landing from greater heights and vaulting over objects? I sure do. I absolutely hate that after a landing from  greater heights, you go into a 2+sec animation, the roll at least helped you get away from being hit.

And honestly, bunny hopping is annoying too. They should have kept wall run and ADD bunny hopping on the walls. Jump towards a wall and hold Space wither aiming horizontally or diagonally to perform the wall run. Let go to sling yourself off it or do the back flip when running upwards. Press space repeatedly in same directions to bunny hop on it. Then bring back vaulting and the landing roll so that the game can actually claim to have parkour.

*sigh*

EDIT: Also yes, the sprint has been nerfed to all hell.

Edited by IEpicWolfI

Just patched and loaded up the game to give it a try. Welp, seems the hundreds of hours practising moving fast with the new parkour was just thrown out of the window, for seemingly no particular reason. If it's a problem because of Lunaro, then just disable it in Lunaro. What is it, extra resource costs couldn't slow the player base down enough so now they have to be physically slowed down too? What was the GAME-BREAKING ability that this allowed that it had to be removed? Were players moving between extractors too fast, is that it? It's pointless and absurd. Surely this is supposed to be a game about skilful space ninjas, yet these skills we learn end up being rendered moot and their effects removed.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Banshee_agent said:

...but seriously. Was there an explanation of some sort?

They haven't said anything yet, but the general consensus is that instead of building Lunaro around the movement system they decided to change the movement system to fit Lunaro.

All we can do now is hope that the community can riot hard enough to make them listen and revert the change. It's a bloody niche gamemode, it's not even the "main content" of U19, that's the War Within, the new starchart and the damn cats. Making a change to the movement system instead of, you know, just changing Lunaro or changing the movement specifically for Lunaro was a dumb move.

4 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

All we can do now is hope that the community can riot hard enough to make them listen and revert the change. It's a bloody niche gamemode, it's not even the "main content" of U19, that's the War Within, the new starchart and the damn cats. Making a change to the movement system instead of, you know, just changing Lunaro or changing the movement specifically for Lunaro was a dumb move.

No matter how much we may do so, the chances of a revert are zero. I don't think I've ever seen a revert from the Developers before anyhow. They never admit when they're in the wrong.

EDIT:

Funny thing is, they implemented Parkour 2.0 to make players more like ninjas and now they do this... Maybe its preparations for Parkour 3.0 to be worthwhile, who knows.

Edited by -CM-Emptiness

6 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Stop with the PvP hate. There are people that enjoy playing PvP a lot. Just because you always like to play total easy mode PvE doesn't mean no one likes to PvP.

And that assumption is forced, wait and see what is the cause.

pvp doesn't belong in warframe. This is just how it is. the more resources DEs pvp team spends on conclave, the more time and effort they are wasting. Lunaro will die fast because of upcoming content. Titanfall is Lunaro face it.

1 minute ago, -CM-Emptiness said:

No matter how much we may do so, the chances of a revert are zero. I don't think I've ever seen a revert from the Developers before anyhow. They never admit when they're in the wrong.

They did change Shock Eximus and nerfed Bursas ( a liiittle bit ). They even proclaimed that they have "Fixed an ancient bug where Shock Eximus aura doesn't work" or something alone that line. So there's still chance.

1 minute ago, TotallyLagging said:

They did change Shock Eximus and nerfed Bursas ( a liiittle bit ). They even proclaimed that they have "Fixed an ancient bug where Shock Eximus aura doesn't work" or something alone that line. So there's still chance.

I referred to 'reverts' specifically. Like the recent Volt rework to Speed. See the drop-mechanic? The community mentioned great alternatives such as opt-out hotkeys or a constant trail behind Volt. They were all ignored in the next two hot-fixes, and what we got instead was more tweaks to the drop-mechanic. Basically, DE only listens to their own logic. Even if the community convinces them to do something, I guarantee you it will never be a revert. So it will definitely be bad at least until they unsurprisingly give us the advantage again with Parkour 3.0.

9 minutes ago, -CM-Voltage said:

pvp doesn't belong in warframe. This is just how it is. the more resources DEs pvp team spends on conclave, the more time and effort they are wasting. Lunaro will die fast because of upcoming content. Titanfall is Lunaro face it.

Face what? Since it now exists, PvP will not go anywhere. It's not like it will get removed because most of the people aren't playing it. And I am sure there will always be people that will play it. After all, farming grows old eventually.

2 minutes ago, -CM-Emptiness said:

I referred to 'reverts' specifically. Like the recent Volt rework to Speed. See the drop-mechanic? The community mentioned great alternatives such as opt-out hotkeys or a constant trail behind Volt. They were all ignored in the next two hot-fixes, and what we got instead was more tweaks to the drop-mechanic. Basically, DE only listens to their own logic. Even if the community convinces them to do something, I guarantee you it will never be a revert. So it will definitely be bad at least until they unsurprisingly give us the advantage again with Parkour 3.0.

They made Speed recastable, as some players asked. They reverted their changes back then during the Vivergate, along with an apology. They also brought back the Hek's original sound because people didn't like the new one. There are probably more examples.

I do agree with this tenno nonetheless  " the more resources DEs pvp team spends on conclave, the more time and effort they are wasting. "

Sweet jeebus, I know I'm late to the party, just downloaded the update, but what in the holy clem have they done to Parkour 2.0, namely Bullet Jump? The one thing in the entire game that didn't need a nerf/tone down gets one? I really hope this an undesired effect from the update or we've just gone from Parkour 2.0 to 1.5.

I'll admit, I'm quite pissed, which I rarely get with nerfs, normally I'd simply adapt. Because I dont see why Parkour 2.0 on a whole has to take a hit just to cater to a PvP mode.

20 minutes ago, Enno69 said:

They made Speed recastable, as some players asked. They reverted their changes back then during the Vivergate, along with an apology. They also brought back the Hek's original sound because people didn't like the new one. There are probably more examples.

I do agree with this tenno nonetheless  " the more resources DEs pvp team spends on conclave, the more time and effort they are wasting. "

My point was that making Speed recast-able, as appreciative as that may be, is further back in line compared to some of the suggested alternatives by the community. As such, DE only listens to community pleas when it aligns with their motives. What can a recast-able drop-mechanic do that an opt-out hotkey bind with radial buff cannot do? Nothing, unless you care to enlighten me on that. I'm not concerned with the fact that DE doesn't make changes, I'm concerned with the fact they ignore perfectly viable alternatives, and hardly ever revert their reworks. Your Hek example, I will just disregard because it has zero effect on game-play itself.

That being said, I wasn't here with the Vivergate update; if they did revert it then I guess there's still some room for hope :P

11 minutes ago, -CM-Emptiness said:

My point was that making Speed recast-able, as appreciative as that may be, is further back in line compared to some of the suggested alternatives by the community. As such, DE only listens to community pleas when it aligns with their motives. What can a recast-able drop-mechanic do that an opt-out hotkey bind with radial buff cannot do? Nothing, unless you care to enlighten me on that. I'm not concerned with the fact that DE doesn't make changes, I'm concerned with the fact they ignore perfectly viable alternatives, and hardly ever revert their reworks. Your Hek example, I will just disregard because it has zero effect on game-play itself.

That being said, I wasn't here with the Vivergate update; if they did revert it then I guess there's still some room for hope :P

There's no point in painting the devs as antagonists though. They don't benefit from players being angry and leaving. They are humans. They have a lot of work. Overall, they do listen to us, believe it or not. Yes, they do make mistakes, some of them being quite baffling, and it usually takes a long time for them to fix anything ( for ex. we waited an average of one year for badly needed reworks of frames such as Rhino, Frost or Mesa, which turned out to be good). If you're not happy, just leave. I will stick around and watch how the whole thing evolves.

Edited by Enno69

3 minutes ago, -CM-Emptiness said:

There's hope if this was done intentional. In relation to Vivergate and Trin's EV LoS and among other nerfs, after the forum meltdown second only to the PWE meltdown, the nerf update was reversed. Viver become a Hive mssion, then iirc DE then apologised on the following Devstream.

If enough displeasure is voiced I'm fairly confident they will see sence.